Melon pan. A melonpan (メロンパン, meronpan) (also known as melon pan, melon bun or melon bread) is a type of sweet bun from Japan, that is also popular in Taiwan and China. They are made from an enriched dough covered in a thin layer of crisp cookie dough. Their appearance resembles a melon, such as a rock melon (cantaloupe).
Now why is it called " melon "? Melon-Pan Melon-pan is another popular traditional Japanese snack bread. A typical melon-pan is made of a bread dough covered with a thin layer of a cookie dough. You can have Melon pan using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Melon pan
- It’s of Bread dough.
- Prepare 140 g of bread flour.
- It’s 25 g of powdered sugar.
- You need 1/3 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 3 g of instant dry yeast.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of beaten egg.
- You need 70 mL of lukewarm milk.
- You need 15 g of butter.
- It’s of Bread flour for dusting.
- You need of Cookie dough.
- You need 25 g of unsalted butter.
- It’s 35 g of powdered sugar.
- It’s 25 g of beaten egg.
- Prepare 70 g of APF.
- It’s 10 g of cornstarch.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of baking powder.
The name comes from the melon like appearance, such as a cantaloupe. Melon Pan is a Japanese sweet bread with a thin cookie crust on top. It is one of the most popular Kashi Pan (sweet bread) in Japan, loved by the young and the old. Originally Melon Pan was football-shaped rather than round.
Melon pan step by step
- Cookie dough first: combine unsalted butter and powdered sugar, then incorporate the egg. Add in the dry ingredients sifted together. Do not overmix. Form into a cylinder, cover in plastic and chill..
- For the bread, combine ingredients wet to dry, witholding the butter..
- Knead the dough, incorporating the butter completely. Form a ball, cover and let rest in your mixing bowl for 40 minutes..
- Poke a hole, then form a cylinder and divide into five equal pieces. Preshape into balls and rest 20 minutes..
- Take out the cookie dough and divide into five. Roll each out into a 9cm circle..
- Shape each dough ball into a round, wrap the top with the cookie. Score through the cookie using a rocking motion with a bench scraper or a bread knife.
- Dip the top in granulated sugar.
- Cover and let rise for 40 minutes.
- Bake in a preheated 170 degree Celsius oven for aroung 12 minutes..
Melonpan are Japanese sweet buns covered with a thin layer of cookie dough. They take many steps to make but freshly-baked Melonpan are scrumptious! The melon pan or melonpan (メロンパン), also called meron pan, is a round sweet bun covered with a thin layer of crisp biscuit. It is easily recognizable thanks to its cross-shaped pattern on its upper surface that are reminiscent of the appearance of cantaloupe melon. Melon Pan is a type of sweet bun that resembles a melon and it's originally from Japan.
Consume These 14 Superfoods to Go Green for Better Health One good thing about green living is deciding to take life easier and enjoy yourself along the way. This is possible no matter how filled and frantic your life is. We should go back to a lifestyle that prevents disease before it needs treating. The majority of people think nothing of abusing their bodies today and fixing them with a pill later. Everywhere you look, you hear about some magic pill that will instantly fix your latest problem. In reality, a number of these pills can help but only if you couple them with shift in your lifestyle. Unlike the car buying process, you won’t be able to trade in your burnt-out body for a new one. You must learn how to look after your health the soonest you can. Proper nutrition is important for your body to run at top levels. Do you eat because food is available and you love the taste or do you decided to eat foods that are good for you? How many times a week do you eat at your local fast food joint or purchase junk food at the local mini mart? Eating sugar and starches, and also oily foods, is it any surprise that new diseases are discovered all of the time? The things we are consuming are causing obesity, diabetes, and hypertension of epidemic proportions. People are choosing to eat better now that they realize how essential food choices are to their health. A lot of healthy food can now be being sold at your local health food store or farmer’s market. In all probability, your local grocery store nowadays has an organic food section. There you will be able to see what science has termed superfoods. That name has been given to 14 foods that have been found to delay a number of diseases, or even reverse them. By ingesting these foods, your body will become healthier. Once you trade in the junk food for these super foods, you will be astonished at how well you will soon feel. Your body will begin to work as it was meant to when you give it the right nutrition. By doing this, your immune system will easily fend off health conditions. You must have a few superfoods in your diet each day. Why not add a few beans or blueberries? Eat some green tea or spinach or broccoli. Add in whole grains and nuts. In addition, you may want to include salmon, turkey, yogurt, soybean, tomatoes, oranges, and pumpkins. If you eat the foods in this list, you won’t have to worry about gaining weight again. Green living provides you with a good eating plan, with all of the good ingredients for better health. You will see that your immune system becomes healthier and your body will be able to fend off disease. You can expect to have a healthy future by changing your food choices today.