Slow Cooker Beef Rendang. Beef Rendang is a Malaysian curry and is an extravagantly rich dish that is easy to prepare but takes time and patience to slow cook. Rich and spicy comfort food that fills the house with mouthwatering smells (and gives you spice-dreams if you cook it. This dish definitely is authentically ASIAN!
Succulent, slow-cooked beef rendang develops deep, complex spice flavours as it simmers away. Add remaining ingredients to cooker; stir to combine. Serve rendang topped with micro herbs and green. You can have Slow Cooker Beef Rendang using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Beef Rendang
- Prepare 1.5 Kg of Chuck Steak.
- It’s 1 of Stem Lemon Grass.
- You need 1 of Med Onion, chopped.
- You need 3 Cloves of Garlic, chopped.
- You need 1 Tbsp of Ginger, chopped.
- You need 1 Tbsp of Vegetable Oil.
- Prepare 1 of Med Onion, thinly sliced.
- It’s of Chili peppers.
- Prepare 3 tsp of Ground Coriander.
- It’s 1 tsp of Ground Cumin.
- Prepare 1 of Cinnamon Stick or 1/4 tsp Ground Cinnamon.
- Prepare 8 of Fresh Curry Leaves, torn.
- It’s 2 tsp of Brown Sugar.
- It’s 425 ml of can Coconut Milk.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of Lemon Juice.
- You need to taste of Salt.
Beautifully fragrant and mildly spiced so it's not too hot for the kiddies. Put the beef in the slow cooker. Puree until smooth, then pour over the beef. In her recipe first book, Miss South is on a mission to reinvent one of her favourite kitchen appliances, her beloved slow-cooker.
Slow Cooker Beef Rendang step by step
- Cut Beef into 3cm pieces.
- In food processor combine Lemon Grass, chilies, Onion, Garlic, and Ginger until smooth..
- Heat oil in a pan and add sliced onions and ground spices. Cook stirring until Onion is soft..
- Add lemon grass mixture to the spices and and continue to cook, stirring until fragrant..
- Stir in beef, Cinnamon, Curry Leaves, and sugar..
- Put everything in crock pot and add the coconut milk. Simmer covered for 4 hours and then for an additional 4 hours uncovered..
- Serve with basmati rice and your choice of side dishes. I like it with garlic naan..
This mildly spiced slow-cooked coconut beef is a delicious change from a regular beef casserole. Enjoy with a big bowl of rice for a warming winters meal. Add beef and brown on all sides. Transfer to the bowl of a slow cooker and add all other ingredients except coriander leaves. Cooking the recipe in the slow cooker will give you a nicely flavoured curry, BUT you won't get the oil separating from the coconut milk, which means you won't get the sauce reducing or the.
Eat These 14 Superfoods to Go Green for Better Health Learning to slow down and enjoy your life is one aspect of adopting a green lifestyle that a lot of people appreciate. It is possible to accomplish this, even in this hectic world we live in. We should get back to a lifestyle that prevents disease before we have to get it treated. Regrettably, most people don’t concern themselves about their health because they believe they can take a pill to fix the problem later on. It isn’t possible to turn around without hearing about the newest pill to treat your health problems. There are certain pills that help, but only if you make a few needed alterations in your life. Unlike buying a car, you cannot trade in your worn out body for a new one. You have to look after your body while you can. Your body cannot work properly if it doesn’t get adequate nutrition. When you eat, do you eat out of convenience or taste without finding out if what goes into your mouth is beneficial for you? How frequently do you eat at your local fast food joint or buy junk food at the local mini mart? Consuming sugar and starches, as well as greasy foods, is there any wonder why new diseases are being discovered all of the time? More and more folks are developing diabetes, high blood pressure, and other diseases because of the foods they consume. Many people are finally recognizing the importance of their food choices and are becoming more concerned about their health. Good nutritious food is now found at local grocery and health food markets. Today, you can find an organic food area in virtually all grocery stores. In the organic food section, you’ll find superfoods. That name has been given to 14 foods that have been shown to slow down some diseases, or even reverse them. Consuming these foods will . You will begin to feel a lot better when you opt to ingest the superfoods instead of junk food. Giving your body the nutrition it requires will enable it to work well. When this happens, it will enable your immune system to combat disease more efficiently. You must have several superfoods in your diet each day. Why not eat some beans or blueberries? Leagy greens, such as broccoli, spinach, and green tea. Whole food grains, and oats, together with an assortment of nuts, chiefly walnuts. Also, you may wish to eat salmon, turkey, yogurt, soya, tomatoes, oranges, and pumpkins. Making these foods a normal part of your diet will help solve your weight gain problems. Following a green living eating plan will give you just what you need to be healthy. Your immune system will be better, and your body can potentially become disease free. Ensure your future health by developing healthy eating habits today.