Festive potato salad. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In another bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, yogurt and seasonings. Pour over potato mixture; toss to coat.
In a separate bowl combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, yogurt, and seasonings. Put yolks in a large bowl and mash with a fork. Add mayo, milk, pickle relish, pickle juice, mustard, celery salt, salt, pepper and mix well. You can have Festive potato salad using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Festive potato salad
- Prepare 1 medium of potato per person ( I used six small this time ).
- Prepare 2 medium of boiled eggs diced.
- It’s 1 small of diced red onion (about 1/2 cup +/-).
- It’s 1/4 cup of diced sweet pepper (any color).
- It’s 1/4 cup of shredded carrot.
- It’s 1/4 cup of diced celery.
- It’s 1/2 cup of frozen sweet peas, rinsed and shaken dry.
- You need 1/4 cup of sweet pickle relish (or dill, whatever you prefer).
- You need 2/3 cup of miracle whip (mayonnaise if you prefer).
- Prepare of salt and pepper to taste.
Stir in red, yellow and green peppers and chopped scallions. Gently stir in potatoes and egg whites until well coated. Festive Potato Salad Directions Pour water in a pot, add salt and bring to a boil. Drain potato in a colander and unshell eggs, then chop.
Festive potato salad step by step
- Wash potatoes. Place with eggs in large pot cover with water. Bring to boil. Boil until potatoes are fork tender..
- Remove potatoes from pan. Scrape off skin. Cut into quarters, then 1" pieces. Peel eggs, slice or dice..
- Put all ingredients in a large bowl. Mix together. Add salt and pepper to taste. If not wet enough add miracle whip / mayo a tablespoon at a time until the consistency you like..
- Refrigerate a couple of hours for cooling and flavors to meld..
- Actually makes about 5 cups following the recipe..
Deli Style Potato Salad (w/ Radishes) This deli potato salad recipe includes radishes as a little surprise. I myself am a radish lover through and through, so I absolutely LOVED this recipe. The radishes give it the crunchiness you want without using just your basic, been used in potato salads for centuries, celery. It does use Miracle Whip though. Most potato salads look and taste better when made with low-starch red boiling potatoes.
Going Green for Better Health By Eating Superfoods One of the best points of adopting a green lifestyle is to slow down and enjoy life. This is possible no matter how filled and frenzied your life is. We need to take a step back and fix diseases before they occur. Too many individuals have the attitude of destryong the body today, and mend it with a pill tomorrow. You can’t turn around without seeing advertisements about the current pill to cure you of your health problems. There are some pills that help, but only if you make some needed changes in your life. When your body wears out, you can’t get a new one, like your car. You must learn how to take care of your body the soonest you can. Your body requires the right nutrients to run at its best levels. When you eat, do you eat out of convenience or taste without determining if what you are eating is beneficial for you? Do you typically eat junk food and lots of fried foods from fast food joints? Ingesting sugar and starches, as well as greasy foods, is there any wonder why new diseases are cropping up all of the time? There is an epidemic of obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure, and many others, probably caused by the foods that are eaten. Individuals are becoming more and more health conscious, and eating better, because they are tired of not being healthy. Today it is much easier to find quality foods by purchasing from a local farmer’s market or health food store. Most likely, your local grocery store nowadays has an organic food aisle. There you will be able to get what science has called superfoods. “Superfoods” refers to 14 foods that have been found to delay or reverse particular maladies. Eating these foods will help your mental health. Once you trade in the junk food for these super foods, you will be amazed at how good you will soon feel. By getting the correct nutrition, your body will function the way it is supposed to run. As a result, your immune system will easily fend off illnesses. Be sure to add these superfoods into your daily diet. Why not include several beans or blueberries? Then, try adding several green vegetables such as broccoli, spinach, or green tea. Walnuts and whole food grains are some other essentials. Make sure you consume proteins such as soya, yogurt, salmon, and turkey, as well as orange fruits and veggies like oranges, pumpkins, and tomatoes. When you consume these superfoods on a regular basis, you should get rid of any weight problems. Green living equips you with a good diet plan, with all of the appropriate ingredients for better health. Your immune system will become stronger, and your body is likely to ward off diseases. You can expect to have a healthy future by modifying your food choices right now.