Potato, Ham and Cheese Soup.
You can have Potato, Ham and Cheese Soup using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Potato, Ham and Cheese Soup
- You need 3 cup of yellow potatoes peeled and cubed.
- You need 3 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1 small of sweet onion chopped.
- It’s 3 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- You need 3 cup of milk.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 1 cup of ham diced.
- You need 1 of salt to taste.
- You need 1 of pepper to taste.
Potato, Ham and Cheese Soup instructions
- Using a medium sized stock pot, boil potatoes until desired tenderness. Reserve 1 cup of water from boiled potatoes then drain..
- In a small frying pan, sauté onion in butter until tender and translucent..
- Add onions, butter and flour to stock pot and stir together over low heat to make a roux (thickener)..
- Add potatoes, reserved liquid, milk, cheese and Ham to stock pot and simmer on medium heat 30-40 minutes stirring frequently until thickened..
- Serve with cornbread or fresh baked rolls. Garnish with shredded cheese..
Eat These 14 Superfoods to Go Green for Great Health One great thing about going green is opting to take life easier and enjoy yourself along the way. This is possible no matter how filled and frantic your life is. We have to get back to where it was better to avoid disease in the first place. A lot of folks think nothing of abusing their bodies today and fixing them with a pill later. Wherever you look, you find out about some magic pill that will immediately fix your latest problem. Definitely, you may get better by taking a pill but not if you keep on doing the same old unhealthy habits. Unlike buying a car, you cannot trade in your burnt-out body for a new one. You shouldn’t postpone it or it will be too late to take care of your health. Your body has to have the right nutrients to run at its optimum levels. Do you eat because food is available and you savor what they taste or do you decided to eat nutritional foods? How often do you consume mini mart junk food, or fatty fried foods from the local fast food eating places? With all of the sugar-laden starchy and fatty food that virtually all people consume, it’s not surprising that new diseases are always being discovered. There is an epidemic of obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure, and several others, probably induced by the foods that are consumed. People are becoming more conscious about their health, and eating better, because they are tired of feeling poorly. Now it is much easier to find quality foods by purchasing from a local farmer’s market or health food store. Nowadays, you can find an organic food area in virtually all grocery stores. In this section of the store, you’ll be able to find superfoods. That name has been given to 14 foods that have been shown to delay a number of diseases, or even overturn them. Consuming these superfoods will improve your mental awareness and capabilities. As soon as you trade in the junk food for these super foods, you will be surprised at how good you will soon feel. By getting the correct nutrition, your body will work the way it is supposed to function. This in turn will enable your immune system to fight disease more efficiently. You must have some superfoods in your diet each day. Foods such as beans and berries are excellent. Add some green tea or spinach or broccoli. Walnuts and whole grains are a couple of other foods to include. Moreover, you have to eat yogurt, soy, pumpkins, oranges, and tomatoes, plus salmon and turkey. By consuming these superfoods daily, you should eliminate any weight gain problems. You will enjoy great health as you opt to eat the green living way. You will find that your immune system becomes better and your body will be able to fend off disease. Prepare for a healthy future by making positive changes to your eating habits right now.