Gongura Pappu. Gongura pappu is one of the delicious pappu recipe from Andhra cuisine. Red sorrel leaves are called as gongura in telugu. Dal and gongura cooked together makes this tangy dal gongura pappu.
Gongura Leaves are also known as Sorrel Leaves in English, pulicha keerai in Tamil, Pundi Palle/Pundi Soppu in Kannada and ambaadi In Marathi. Gongura pappu recipe – This is made by boiling red sorrel leaves and toor dal in pressure cooker. Then tempering is poured on top to add more flavors. You can cook Gongura Pappu using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Gongura Pappu
- You need 1/2 cup of tuvar dal (pigeon pea lentil), soaked for 30 minutes.
- You need 2-3 cups of gongura (sorrel) leaves, chopped.
- You need to taste of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of turmeric powder.
- You need 2 of green chilies, chopped.
- It’s 1 of onion, sliced.
- You need 1 of " ginger, sliced.
- It’s 1 of tomato, chopped (opt).
- You need 1-2 tbsp. of oil.
- Prepare 2-3 of whole dry red chilies.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of mustard seeds.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of cumin seeds.
- You need 1 tsp. of urad dal (split black gram).
- You need 3 of garlic cloves, chopped.
- Prepare 1 sprig of curry leaves.
- You need 1 tsp. of coriander leaves, chopped.
These sorrel leaves or gongura leaves are also known as khatta bhaji. This is Andhra style dal recipe where term pappu means dal. Gongura pappu is the Andhra style dal recipe cooked with sorrel leaves, toor dal and spices. This gongura dal is served with hot rice and ghee.
Gongura Pappu instructions
- Pick only the leaves. Wash well and drain..
- Pressure cook the lentils, greens, salt, turmeric powder, onion, green chilies, ginger and tomatoes for 5-6 whistles..
- Mash them slightly and keep aside..
- Heat oil in a pan & temper with dry red chilies, mustard seeds & cumin seeds. After it stops spluttering, add the garlic, urad dal & curry leaves. Saute for some time and pour this tempering over the prepared dal..
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve with plain steamed rice..
Andhra recipes are popular for chillies and spices and use a liberal amount of chilli powder in various ways. Gongura pappu is one of the delicious pappu recipes from Andhra cuisine. This simple to make dal recipe is one of the best ways to include green leafy vegetables in our daily life. Gongura pappu is a dal (lentil) stew made with sour greens gongura &nbs. Let us see how to make gongura pappu in easy step by step methods and pictures.
Going Green for Good Health By Eating Superfoods One terrific feature of adopting a green lifestyle is opting to take life easier and enjoy yourself along the way. Even with the fast pace of our modern world, you can achieve this. We need to get back to where it was a better idea to avoid disease in the first place. The majority of individuals think nothing of not taking care of their bodies today and fixing them with a pill later. We’re barraged with advertisements for magic pills that are advertised to fix any problem with the snap of a finger. Of course, you may get better by taking a pill but not if you continue the same old unhealthy habits. Unlike buying a car, you cannot exchange your burnt-out body for a new one. You have to look after your health while you can do so. Proper nutrition is important for your body to work at best levels. When you put food into your mouth, do you pay attention to the nutritional value or simply eat anything tastes good at the time? How often do you eat mini mart junk food, or oily fried foods from the local fast food eating places? Eating sugar and starches, and also greasy foods, is there any wonder why new diseases are being discovered all of the time? The things we are eating cause obesity, diabetes, and hypertension of epidemic proportions. People are recognizing the importance of their food choices and are becoming more health conscious. Many nutritious food are now available at your local health food store or farmer’s market. Nearly all grocery stores now have organic foods. There you will be able to find what science has termed superfoods. This term refers to 14 foods that have been found to delay or reverse some illnesses. You will observe that you think more clearly when you ingest these superfoods. When you trade in the junk food for these super foods, you will be surprised at how good you will soon feel. By getting the correct nutrition, your body will run the way it is supposed to run. As a result, the immune system will be able to fight off any illness. Your daily diet must include at least a few of these super foods. Why not add a few beans or blueberries? Include some green tea or spinach or broccoli. Add in whole cereals and nuts. In addition, you need to have yogurt, soybean, pumpkins, oranges, and tomatoes, along with salmon and turkey. By consuming these superfoods on a regular basis, you should eliminate any weight gain problems. You will enjoy great health once you choose to eat the green living way. Your body will become disease free as your immune system gets healthier. Ensure your future health by switching to healthy eating habits right now.