Basbousa(semolina cake). Basbousa is a traditional Egyptian – middle eastern sweet cake. Basically Basbousa (also known as revani or harissa) cake is a semolina cake with coconut. Basbousa Aka Harissa (Coconut Yogurt Semolina Cake).
This traditional Middle Eastern dessert comes together in just one Basbousa (Semolina Cake). Recipe adapted from Vian Alnidawi and Sara Nassr, Comal Heritage. This Egyptian recipe for sweet semolina cake is incredibly easy to make. You can cook Basbousa(semolina cake) using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Basbousa(semolina cake)
- It’s of Syrup.
- It’s 2 1/4 cups of sugar.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of water.
- It’s of Juice from 1 lemon (or 2 tablespoon orange juice).
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of honey.
- Prepare of Cake.
- Prepare 2 cups of semolina.
- It’s 1 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1 stick of butter, softened.
- Prepare 1 cup of whole milk.
- Prepare 1 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 tablespoon of baking powder.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of baking soda.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- You need of Blanched split almonds.
It's topped with a delicious rosewater and lemon syrup. Many people attribute weight gain in Ramadan to the abundance of traditional sweet treats which are unfortunately characteristically not the healthiest. From Saad Fayed, I love basbousa with coffee after a good meal. They are just enough to add that extra umpf to a meal.
Basbousa(semolina cake) step by step
- Prepare syrup first. Dissolve sugar in water in a medium saucepan. Add lemon juice and bring to boil. Once the syrup begins to boil, add in honey. Reduce heat and allow to slowly boil for about 8-10 min. Remove from heat and set aside..
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease and flour a 9×12 baking dish..
- Cream together butter and sugar in a mixing bowl. Add eggs and vanilla..
- In separate bowl, combine semolina, baking powder and baking soda. Slowly add to butter and egg mixture. Stir in milk.
- Pour mixture into baking dish and smooth with spoon. Take a butter knife and make diamond shapes. Place an almond in the center of each diamond..
- Bake for 25 min. Remove cake from oven and pour syrup over cake until no more can be absorbed. Allow to cool.
The syrup is not too sugary, but sweet enough to satisfy a sweet tooth. Basbousa (also namoura, revani, hareseh and other names) is a traditional Middle Eastern sweet cake that originated in Egypt, though also popular in other countries. It is made from a semolina batter in a pan, sweetened with orange flower water, rose water or simple syrup. This semolina cake is an Egyptian and Middle Eastern delicacy that is served during special occasions. Serve Basbousa during a tea party with Qahwa or as a dessert during dinner.
Consume These 14 Superfoods to Go Green for Great Health One good thing about going green is choosing to take life easier and enjoy yourself along the way. It is possible to do this, even in this fast-paced world we are in. We must return to a lifestyle that prevents disease before we need to treat it. A lot of individuals have the attitude of destryong the body today, and fix it with a pill the next day. No matter where you look, you find out about some magic pill that will immediately fix your latest problem. There are some pills that help, but only if you make a few necessary modifications in your life. Unlike purchasing a new car, you won’t be able to exchange your worn out body for a new one. You shouldn’t delay or it will be too late to look after your health. Proper nutrition is important for your body to function at optimum levels. When you eat, do you eat out of convenience or taste without seeing if what goes into your mouth is healthy for you? How often do you fill up on mini mart junk food, or oily fried foods from the local fast food restaurant? Since people decide to eat foods full of sugar, starch, and fat, more and more illnesses are cropping up. The food products we are eating cause obesity, diabetes, and hypertension of epidemic proportions. People are opting to eat better now that they realize how essential food choices are to their health. Lots of good food can now be being sold at your local health food store or farmer’s market. In all probability, your local grocery store nowadays has an organic food section. This section is full of what are now recognized as superfoods. Superfoods is the name given to 14 specific foods that can slow down or reverse certain serious diseases. You will discover that you think more clearly when you begin to eat these superfoods. Once you replace the junk food with the superfoods, you will see a surprising increase in how much better you feel. By getting the proper nutrition, your body will work the way it is supposed to work. As a result, the immune system can fight off any health condition. Your daily diet need to have at least some of these super foods. To start with, beans are excellent, and berries, particularly blueberries. Leafy veggies, such as broccoli, spinach, and green tea. Walnuts and whole grains are a few other superfoods to add. Be sure to eat proteins such as soy, yogurt, salmon, and turkey, and also orange fruits and vegetables like oranges, pumpkins, and tomatoes. By eating these superfoods daily, you should not have to worry about any weight problems. Green living equips you with a solid diet plan, with all of the right ingredients for better health. You will find that your immune system becomes healthier and your body will be able to fight against disease. Prepare for a great future by modifying your eating habits right now.