Dates Semolina Steamed Cake. See more ideas about Semolina cake, Food, Dessert recipes. Ancient Egypt Inspired Fig and Date Swirl Cookies. With the holiday season in full swing and various book events and work projects on the table, I haven't had a chance to do my Bonanza Cookie Baking Spree I do annually this time of year (I.
Steamed Pineapple Semolina CakeLove Food Eat. The semolina bakes into a crunchy layer on the top and bottom but stays moist and delicate within for this cake recipe. Whisk semolina, sugar, baking powder, orange zest, cardamom, and salt in a medium bowl. You can have Dates Semolina Steamed Cake using 8 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Dates Semolina Steamed Cake
- You need 3/4 cup of Fine Semolina (Rawa/Sooji).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Milk.
- It’s 30 of Seedless Dates.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Vanilla Essence.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Cardamom Powder.
- It’s 3/4 tsp of Baking Powder.
- It’s 2 tbs of Raisins.
- Prepare 1 pinch of Salt.
Crunch time: a date and semolina cake Photograph: Jill Mead for the Guardian. I've used semolina for the dough, rich with butter and flavoured with sour pomegranate molasses, rose and orange-flower waters, which taste subtly piquant against the intense sweetness of the dates. Rava Dhokla (Semolina Steamed Cake) : If you have been searching for a healthy steamed, Zero fat breakfast idea, then you just can't miss out on learning how Making the Rava/Semolina Dhokla is the best healthy snack idea that you can ever think of to make some tasty snacks for your kid's when they. Mauritian idlis are small soft steamed cakes made with semolina flour.
Dates Semolina Steamed Cake step by step
- To make Dates Semolina Steamed Cake, first soak the dates in sufficient clean water for about half an hour..
- Soak the semolina as well in the milk for about 15 minutes..
- Grind the soaked dates to a smooth paste using little of the soaked water, if required and add it to the semolina..
- Give it a good mix. The mixture should be of medium thick consistency..
- Add to it the raisins, vanilla essence and cardamom powder and give it a good mix..
- Add the baking powder and mix..
- Grease a deep colander or a baking tray and pour the above mixture into it..
- Spread it evenly..
- Add water in a pressure cooker at the base and place a stand in it..
- Place the colander, uncovered on the stand, such that it doesn’t touch the water at the bottom of the cooker..
- Close the lid of the cooker without the whistle..
- Steam for 2 minutes on medium flame and then for about 15 minutes on low heat or till a toothpick inserted in the cake comes out clean..
- Switch off the flame and extract the colander from the cooker..
- After a while, loosen out the edges with a knife and upturn the cake on a plate..
- Roast a few cashews in ghee. Decorate on top of the cake alongwith some real diced dried fruits!.
Not quite dissimilar to Indian idlis, the Mauritian ones that I know of however exist only as the sweet version and are not fermented. Indian idlis call for various grains and more often rice grinded and mixed into a batter that is then. rava idli or semolina steamed cake, south Indian breakfast. A light and syrupy semolina sponge cake served throughout Greece. It's so simple to make, yet very elegant and delicious. Allow the cake to cool completely.
Consuming 14 Superfoods Is A Superb Way To Go Green And Be Healthy One of the best reasons for green living is to slow down and enjoy life. In spite of the fast pace of our modern-day world, you can accomplish this. We need to take a step back and fight diseases before they happen. Regrettably, most people don’t concern themselves about their health because they think they can take a pill to fix the problem later on. It’s impossible to turn around without hearing about the latest pill to cure you of your health problems. Of course, you may get better by taking a pill but not if you keep on doing the same old negative habits. When your body wears out, you can’t get a new one, like your car. You mustn’t wait too long or it will be too late to take care of your health. Proper nutrition is crucial for your body to work at optimum levels. When you eat, do you eat out of convenience or taste without determining if what you are putting in your mouth is good for you? Do you typically eat junk food and lots of fried foods from fast food places? As people choose to consume things full of sugar, starch, and fat, more and more illnesses are cropping up. The foods we are ingesting cause obesity, diabetes, and hypertension of epidemic proportions. People are becoming more and more conscious about their health, and eating better, because they are tired of not being healthy. Good nutritious food is now readily available at local grocery and health food markets. Majority of grocery stores nowadays have organic foods. There you will be able to get what science has termed superfoods. The term superfoods refers to 14 foods that have been proven to retard or reverse some maladies. You will discover that you think more clearly when you consume these foods. As soon as you trade in the junk food for these super foods, you will be astonished at how well you will soon feel. Your body will start to function as it was meant to when you give it the proper nutrition. As a result, the immune system will be able to fight off any malady. Make sure you integrate these superfoods into your daily eating routine. Foods such as beans and berries are excellent. Then, add several green vegetables such as broccoli, spinach, or green tea. Whole cereals, and oats, along with a mix of nuts, primarily walnuts. Also, you may want to eat salmon, turkey, yogurt, soybean, tomatoes, oranges, and pumpkins. If you eat the foods in this list, you won’t have to worry about gaining weight again. You will enjoy good health once you choose to eat the green living way. You will discover that your immune system becomes better and your body will be able to ward off disease. Prepare for a great future by changing your eating habits today.