Creamy Potato Bacon Soup. This Creamy Potato Soup with Bacon is the perfect winter soup. Made with simple ingredients, this soup is the definition of comfort food. How to make a Creamy Potato and Bacon Soup.
This easy potato soup gets its creaminess from the addition of sour cream and savory flavor from bacon, onion and garlic. Add potatoes and broth; bring to a boil. Working in batches, process in blender with sour cream until. You can cook Creamy Potato Bacon Soup using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Creamy Potato Bacon Soup
- Prepare 2/3 cup of butter.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of flour.
- Prepare 4 large of potatoes ( I used Yukon Gold).
- You need 7 cup of Milk.
- Prepare 8 oz of shredded cheddar cheese.
- It’s 12 oz of sour cream ( I used an 8oz. container plus half of another 8oz. container).
- Prepare 12 oz of bacon (fried and crumbled).
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of minced onion.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of garlic powder.
It is finally FALL…which means soups!! And one of the first soups I think of is Creamy Potato Bacon Soup. Growing up in Idaho made me grow to LOVE potatoes. This creamy potato soup is quick and easy to prepare.
Creamy Potato Bacon Soup instructions
- Melt butter in a 4 qt pot on med-high. Add flour and mix until smooth. It might be alittle lumpy but that's ok. Gradually add milk stirring constantly..
- While milk mixture is cooking, chop your potatoes into really small pieces. Keep an eye on milk mixture and keep stirring so it doesn't stick..
- When milk mixture has thickened, add potatoes and seasonings; salt, pepper, minced onion and garlic powder..
- Bring to a boil while stirring constantly. Once boiling, turn down heat and simmer 10 minutes. You shouldn't have to stir at all however I like to give it one or two stirs while it simmers just so it won't stick..
- After 10 minutes, turn it back up to med-high, and return to a slight boil stirring just to keep it from sticking and add remaining ingredients; sour cream, bacon and shredded cheese..
- Stir until cheese is melted and serve. Enjoy!.
Made with red potatoes, bacon, and cheddar cheese it is filled with everyone's favorite ingredients. This Potato Soup is super easy to make, rich and creamy and it's fully loaded with flavor! Our fave baked potato toppings are the perfect addition. This soup recipe is hearty, filling and absolutely delicious. The bacon adds a richness to the earthy flavor of the potatoes that is sure to ward off any winter chill.
Living Greener for Better Health By Eating Superfoods One of the best points of green living is to slow down and enjoy life. It is possible to accomplish this, even in this fast-paced world we are living in. We must get back to where it was better to avoid disease in the first place. A lot of men and women think nothing of mistreating their bodies nowadays and fixing them with a pill later. We’re bombarded with ads for magic pills that are supposed to fix any problem instantly. Yes, you may get better by taking a pill but not if you continue the same old negative habits. When your body stops working properly, you cannot obtain a brand new one. You shouldn’t delay or it will be too late to take care of your health. Proper nutrition is crucial for your body to work at optimum levels. When you eat, do you eat out of convenience or taste without seeing if what you are eating is healthy for you? Do you usually eat junk food and lots of fried foods from fast food joints? With all of the sugar-laden starchy and oily food that almost all people ingest, it’s not surprising that new diseases are regularly occurring. The foods we are eating cause obesity, diabetes, and high blood pressure of pandemic proportions. Individuals are becoming more and more health conscious, and eating better, because they are tired of feeling poorly. Lots of healthy food are now being sold at your local health food store or farmer’s market. Nowadays, you can find an organic food aisle in nearly all grocery stores. There you will be able to find what science has called superfoods. This term refers to 14 foods that have been found to retard or reverse certain illnesses. You will observe that you think more clearly when you start to eat these superfoods. As soon as you trade in the junk food for these super foods, you will be surprised at how well you will soon feel. By getting the right nutrition, your body will run the way it is supposed to run. This in turn will help your immune system to ward off disease more efficiently. Be sure to add these superfoods into your diet every day. Foods such as beans and berries are excellent. Next, add several green foods such as broccoli, spinach, or green tea. Include whole food grains and nuts. See to it that you include proteins such as soybeans, yogurt, salmon, and turkey, plus orange fruits and vegetables like oranges, pumpkins, and tomatoes. When you eat these superfoods every day, you should not have to worry about any weight problems. You will enjoy good health when you choose to eat the green living way. You will discover that your immune system becomes better and your body will be able to ward off disease. Prepare for an awesome future by modifying your eating habits right now.