Semolina and cheese cake – knafeh bi jibneh. Basbousa, an Egyptian semolina cake with yogurt is one of the best Egyptian. See more ideas about semolina cake, semolina, dessert recipes. Basbousa – an easy Middle Eastern semolina cake Mile-High Coconut Cake – A tall coconut cake with coconut cream filling and a coconut cream cheese frosting!!!
The best basbousa recipe you will find! An Egyptian almond-coconut semolina cake, drenched. A gloriously creamy and moist semolina cake, stuffed with luscious cream drizzled with syrup then topped with nuts. You can have Semolina and cheese cake – knafeh bi jibneh using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Semolina and cheese cake – knafeh bi jibneh
- It’s 500 g of knafeh dough, or mafroukeh.
- It’s 500 g of akkawi cheese, if available, or any other unsalted white cheese like mozzarella.
- It’s 1/2 cup of fine semolina, ferkha flour.
- It’s 200 g of butter.
- Prepare of – For the sugar syrup:.
- It’s 2 1/2 cups of sugar.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of water.
- You need 1 teaspoon of rose water.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of orange blossom water.
Basbousa is an Egyptian semolina cake widely spread and loved throughout the Middle East. It is made with semolina, yogurt, butter or ghee and sometimes coconut. Popular throughout the Levant, this syrup-soaked cheese dessert is commonly encased with kataifi pastry, but this recipe from Sydney's modern Lebanese restaurant Embers Mezze Bar uses a crushed Corn Flakes and semolina mixture instead. The semolina bakes into a crunchy layer on the top and bottom but stays moist and delicate within for this cake recipe.
Semolina and cheese cake – knafeh bi jibneh instructions
- To get a completely unsalted cheese, soak in water for 24 hr. Make sure to change the water 4 to 5 times..
- To prepare the sugar syrup: put the sugar and water in a small saucepan and place over medium heat. Stir until the sugar dissolves. Leave to boil then add the lemon juice and keep on medium heat for 10 min until the syrup thickens. Add the orange blossom water and rose water. Remove from heat and transfer to a large bowl..
- Spread the knafeh dough in a 35 cm diameter baking pan forming a layer of around 1.5 cm in thickness. Bake the dough in the oven at medium heat, until the bottom and the side of the dough turn golden in color..
- Cut the cheese in small cubes and place them in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir until the water oozes out. Discard the water..
- Add in the fine semolina and ½ cup of the syrup and mix. When the cheese mixture starts boiling, remove from heat and pour over the baked knafeh dough..
- Place a large serving tray over the knafeh pan and turn the pan upside down. Let the knafeh drop on the serving tray while slowly removing the pan..
- Cut the knafeh into square pieces and serve warm with sugar syrup..
Whisk semolina, sugar, baking powder, orange zest, cardamom, and salt in a medium bowl. Knafeh or Kanafeh is super delicious middle eastern dessert that made of kadayif, cheese and syrup. Semolina and Date Sweets/Cookies A sandy Semolina cake with a sweet and nutty cinnamon and date filling that not only tasted. Typically, cheese kunafa, like Nabulsia or knafeh bil jibn, are filled with Arabic cheeses with melting Layer the cheese between Semolina Pudding. I ran into this genius solution while searching for It really depends on the type of pan you use and your oven.
Consuming 14 Superfoods Is A Terrific Way To Go Green And Be Healthy Learning to slow down and enjoy your life is one aspect of going green that most folks appreciate. Despite the fast pace of our modern world, you can achieve this. We need to take a step back and fight diseases before they happen. A lot of individuals have the attitude of destryong the body today, and heal it with a pill tomorrow. You can’t turn around without being bombarded by ads about the current pill to cure you of your health problems. Of course, a number of these pills are able to help but only if you couple them with a change in lifestyle. Unlike purchasing a new car, you cannot trade in your burnt-out body for a new one. You should take care of yourself while you can. Proper nutrition is essential for your body to work at optimum levels. When you eat, do you eat out of convenience or taste without determining if what goes into your mouth is good for you? Do you regularly eat junk food and a lot of fried foods from fast food restaurants? As most people opt to eat things full of sugar, starch, and fat, more and more illnesses are being discovered. There is an epidemic of obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure, and a lot others, likely triggered by the foods that are eaten. Individuals are becoming more concerned about their health, and eating better, because they are tired of not being healthy. Lots of good food can now be being sold at your local health food store or farmer’s market. Nearly all grocery stores now sell organic foods. In this aisle, you’ll find superfoods. “Superfoods” refers to 14 foods that have been discovered to delay or reverse certain diseases. You will discover that you think more clearly when you consume these superfoods. Once you replace the junk food with the superfoods, you will observe a surprising increase in how good you feel. Giving your body the nutrition it needs will help it to function well. In this case, the immune system is better able to fight off any disease. You should have a few superfoods in your diet everyday. Why not eat a few beans or blueberries? Next, try to add some veggies such as broccoli, spinach, or green tea. Whole food grains, and oats, together with an assortment of nuts, mainly walnuts. Be sure to eat proteins such as soybeans, yogurt, salmon, and turkey, as well as orange fruits and veggies like oranges, pumpkins, and tomatoes. By eating these superfoods every day, you should not have to worry about any problems with gaining weight. You will enjoy good health as you opt to eat the green living way. Your body will be free of disease as you build up your immune system. Prepare for a healthy future by changing your eating habits now.