Sev puri / dahi puri chaat. Dahi Puri is also known As "dahi batata puri" or "dahi sev puri". This chaat has its name Dahi Sev Batata Puri, Since dahi (yogurt), sev (fried thin gram flour vermicelli), batata (aloo in hindi or potato in english) and puris are used to make this awesome snack. The puris are the round puffed puris that are used for Making pani puri.
It is a dish made from crispy mini shells or puris which are stuffed with potatoes, boiled pulses, coriander and tamarind chutney, chilled Dahi et al. It is garnished with heaps of nylon sev, coriander and pomegranate seeds. Dahi Puri tastes super delicious, I tell you! You can cook Sev puri / dahi puri chaat using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sev puri / dahi puri chaat
- It’s 20 of puchkas / puri.
- You need 1 bowl of pomegranate seeds.
- It’s 1 bowl of blended curd.
- Prepare 1 bowl of jaggery and tamarind chutney.
- You need as per taste of salt.
- You need 1 teaspoon of red chilli powder.
- It’s 5-6 of Potatoes.
- It’s 50 grams of kala chana.
- It’s 2-3 teaspoons of fresh coriander.
- You need 1 teaspoon of cumin powder.
- It’s 1 bowl of nylon sev.
- It’s 1 bowl of finely chopped onion.
- You need 1 teaspoon of chaat masala.
Sev Poori is a kind of chaat that is like a bhelpuri. But the main base of sev poori is 'Puri' and that puri is loaded with diced potato, plain curd, chopped onions, and some chutneys, spices, and sev. Sev Poori loved by almost every aged group of people. Personally, Sev Puri and Aloo Tikki is my favorite chaat.
Sev puri / dahi puri chaat instructions
- Firstly wash and soak kala chana overnight. Boil these for 6-8 whistles and then boil the potatoes up to 4 whistles. Drain excess water and let the Kala chana cooldown. Peel off the potatoes and put in A bowl. Add Kala chana finely chopped coriander, chaat masala, salt and red chilli powder. Mix thoroughly with fingers mashing the potatoes and keep it aside..
- Now peel and separate the pomegranate seeds keep in A bowl. Blend the curd and add black salt as well as cumin powder to it..
- Make tamarind and jaggery chutney by boiling it for 5-7 minutes and then cool it down. Put some salt, red chilli powder and cumin powder to the chutney. Keep it ready in A bowl..
- Now take puris and make A whole in the centre of it one by one and place in A plate. Fill the potato mix in it and pour one tablespoon curd, one tablespoon tamarind-jaggery chutney and sprinkle some pomegranate seeds, nylon sev and finely chopped onions and serve immediately..
Dahi Sev Puri – crispy crunchy smooth tangy sweet spicy – a burst of flavors & textures in your mouth! This is a very popular street food item in India. This is one snack that is almost kind of a staple in my home. Dahi Puri is a Bombay Chaat dish that is wonderfully sweet, salty, spicy and cooling at the same time… Grab your plate of this delicious snack today! When I think of Dahi Puri, I think of a dish perfect in its union of flavors.
Consume These 14 Superfoods to Go Green for Better Health One great feature of adopting a green lifestyle is choosing to take life easier and enjoy yourself along the way. It is possible to do this, even in this busy world we are living in. We have to take a step back and fight diseases before they come about. Too many people have the attitude of ruining the body today, and fix it with a pill later on. Wherever you look, you hear about some magic pill that will immediately fix your latest problem. Yes, you may get better by taking a pill but not if you continue the same old bad habits. As soon as your body wears out, you cannot get a new one, like your car. You have to learn how to look after it as early as possible. Your body cannot work correctly if it doesn’t receive the right nutrition. When you eat, do you eat out of convenience or taste without seeing if what goes into your mouth is beneficial for you? How often do you eat at your local fast food place or get junk food at the local convenience store? Consuming sugar and starches, and also greasy foods, is there any wonder why new diseases are discovered all of the time? The food products we are ingesting cause obesity, diabetes, and hypertension of epidemic proportions. People are deciding to eat better now that they know how crucial food choices are to their health. Nutritious food is now found at local grocery and health food stores. Most likely, your local grocery store now has an organic food area. In this section of the store, you’ll see the superfoods. That name has been given to 14 foods that have been shown to retard a number of diseases, or even overturn them. Eating these foods will make your mental awareness and abilities better. When you trade in the junk food for these super foods, you will be surprised at how healthy you will soon feel. Your body will start to work as it was meant to when you provide it with the correct nutrition. By doing this, your immune system will easily ward off diseases. Your daily diet should include at least some of these super foods. Foods such as beans and berries are excellent. Then, try to add a few veggies such as broccoli, spinach, or green tea. Walnuts and whole grains are a few other foods to include. See to it that you eat proteins such as soybeans, yogurt, salmon, and turkey, plus orange fruits and vegetables like oranges, pumpkins, and tomatoes. Making these foods a normal part of your diet will get rid of your weight gain problems. Observing a green living meal plan will give you precisely what you need to become healthy and fit. Your immune system will be much improved, and your body is likely to ward off diseases. You can look forward to a healthy future by modifying your food choices right now.