Spanish potato omelette. There's nothing too fancy about this rustic Spanish style omelet, just lots of hearty goodness from crispy fried potatoes and onions. Chopped tomatoes and green onions lend even more flavor and color. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook until the potatoes.
Made from potatoes, eggs and onions, tortilla can be served at any time of day, either warm or cold. Sauté potatoes and onions in olive oil over medium heat, turning frequently, until golden brown (about three minutes). This potato omelette is one of Spain´s most famous dishes, enjoyed from coast to coast and made in almost every Spanish kitchen. You can cook Spanish potato omelette using 5 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Spanish potato omelette
- You need 500 g of potatoes.
- Prepare 4 of eggs.
- You need 500 ml of Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain.
- You need to taste of Salt,.
- You need 1/2 of onion (optional).
You can enjoy it for breakfast, lunch or dinner and you can eat it warm or cold. Add potatoes and onions; they should gently (but not vigorously) bubble in the oil. Set a fine-mesh strainer over a heatproof bowl and drain potatoes and onions of excess oil. Spanish Potato Omelette (Spanish Tortilla) Spanish Potato Omelette (Spanish Tortilla) is perfect served hot or cold, and so easy to make!
Spanish potato omelette step by step
- Wash and cut the potatoes into very thin slices..
- Dice the onion (if you don’t like onion, you can skip this step and leave onion out of the recipe altogether)..
- Mix the potatoes and onion together with a bit of salt..
- Heat a good amount of Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain in a pan and, once hot, add the potatoes and onions. Fry them on a high heat for few minutes, then lower the temperature. Stir occasionally so that the potatoes don’t stick. Once the potatoes have taken on a golden-brown colour, remove the pan from the heat and drain the mixture..
- Beat the eggs with a pinch of salt. Add the eggs to the potatoes and onion and mix well..
- Heat two small tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain in a pan and add the egg, potato and onion mixture. As before, cook on a high heat for a few minutes, then lower the temperature right down so that the inside of the omelette can cook..
- When the omelette has finished cooking on one side, flip it over using a flat plate so that you can cook the other side..
- Put another two tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain in the pan and then return the omelette to the pan to fry the other side..
- When the omelette is golden brown on both sides, remove it from the heat. Now it's ready to eat! .
- You could serve it with a delicious mayonnaise and a little mustard. If you want to give your omelette an original and tasty touch, try adding a tablespoon of caramelized onion when beating the egg..
- And if you want the middle of your omelette to be creamier, try frying a few thin slices of courgette with the potatoes. You’ll really notice a difference! We recommend you serve this recipe with Fruits of the Forest Pudding which is also made using Olive Oils from Spain..
Crispy, fried potatoes and eggs make up this popular Spanish Tortilla recipe, perfect for picnics, parties, bbq's, or your traditional Tapas menu! Heat oil on medium and add sliced potatoes. Make sure they are all well coated with oil. Continue frying potatoes on a medium heat, only turning with a spatula every few minutes so potatoes will brown and be less likely to stick. This easy Spanish tortilla (or Spanish omelette) is made with thinly sliced potatoes, onions, and eggs, gently cooked in olive oil.
Living Greener for Greater Health By Consuming Superfoods Learning to slow down and enjoy your life is one facet of adopting a green lifestyle that many people appreciate. Even with the fast pace of our modern world, you can do this. We should get back to a lifestyle that prevents disease before we need to treat it. A lot of people have the attitude of destryong the body today, and mend it with a pill later on. You can’t turn around without hearing about the newest pill to deal with your health problems. There are a few pills that help, but only if you make a few necessary modifications in your life. Unlike buying a car, you cannot exchange your worn out body for a new one. You mustn’t postpone it or it will be too late to take care of your body. Proper nutrition is important for your body to work at optimum levels. When you eat, do you eat out of convenience or taste without finding out if what you are putting in your mouth is beneficial for you? How frequently do you eat at your local fast food place or get junk food at the local convenience store? With all of the sugar-laden starchy and fatty food that almost all people consume, it’s not surprising that new diseases are always being discovered. There is an epidemic of obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure, and several others, likely induced by the foods that are eaten. A lot of people are finally recognizing the importance of their food choices and are becoming more health conscious. A lot of nutritious food are now found at your local health food store or farmer’s market. Most likely, your local grocery store nowadays has an organic food section. This section has what are today recognized as superfoods. Superfoods refer to 14 specific foods that can retard or reverse certain serious diseases. You will find that you think more clearly when you start to consume these foods. Once you trade in the junk food for these super foods, you will be amazed at how good you will soon feel. By getting the proper nutrition, your body will function the way it is supposed to function. As a result, the immune system is better able to fight off any health condition. See to it that you incorporate these superfoods into your daily diet. Foods such as beans and berries are very good. Include some green tea or spinach or broccoli. Whole food grains, and oats, along with an assortment of nuts, primarily walnuts. Additionally, you may want to include salmon, turkey, yogurt, soya, tomatoes, oranges, and pumpkins. Making these foods a regular part of your diet will get rid of your problems with gaining weight. Green living gives you a good diet plan, with all of the appropriate ingredients for better health. Your immune system will be better, and your body is likely to ward off diseases. You can anticipate a healthy future by modifying your food choices today.