P-lo's Hamburger Casserole. This hamburger casserole recipe is such a hit it's traveled all over the country! My mother originated the recipe in Pennsylvania, I brought it to Texas when I married, I'm still making it in California, and my daughter treats her friends to this oldie in Colorado. It's hearty, yet simple to prepare.
I know I say that about a lot of our recipes, but it's because I really did seem to like most all of them. In a large skillet, cook the ground beef over medium heat, stirring to break up the lumps, until all of the pink is gone from the meat. Top with Cheddar cheese, and continue baking until cheese is melted. You can cook P-lo's Hamburger Casserole using 15 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of P-lo's Hamburger Casserole
- It’s 2 cups of bisquick.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1 of red and green pepper sliced.
- You need 1 of jalapeño.
- It’s of Cilantro.
- Prepare 1 1/2 lbs of hamburger meat.
- It’s 2 cups of sour cream.
- You need 3/4 of mayo.
- You need 2 tablespoons of minced garlic.
- You need 2 tablespoons of my pico de gallo on my page.
- You need 6 of diced green onions.
- Prepare 1 package (16 oz) of Colby jack cheese shredded.
- You need 1/2 of a diced onion.
- You need 2 of tomatoes diced.
- Prepare 1 of onion half diced for meat mixture and half chopped in long slivers for sour cream mixture.
In a Dutch oven, layer half of the meat, potatoes and onion. Sprinkle with half of the salt and pepper. Drain the fat and set aside. Add the cream cheese, ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and seasoned salt to the skillet and cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until combined.
P-lo's Hamburger Casserole step by step
- Add half of diced jalapeño, half diced onion, cilantro, 2 tablespoons of minced garlic and 2 pounds of hamburger to frying pan over medium high heat.
- While meat cooks Combine 2 cups of bisquick and 3/4 of milk with little salt pepper and garlic powder in a mixing bowl once mixed spread mixture evenly on bottom of pan to coat.
- Once meat is browned drain meat and place meat mixture on top of the bisquick mix.. I add lil more seasons (garlic salt pepper).
- In a mixing bowl add sour cream mayonnaise diced tomatoes other half of onion (left in long slivers)green and red pepper sliced long .. green onion diced cilantro and pico de gallo in mix together (leave onions, peppers diced bigger gives a robust better flavor here)also add other half chopped jalapeño your call if want bigger or not (spicy)also I add lil more seasonings here to(garlic pepper and salt) mix well.
- Add mixture on top of meat .. Add lil more seasonings here to (salt pepper and garlic).
- Then add cheese.
- Top with parsley and bake 375°F for 25-35 minutes uncovered.
- Once cheese is nice and melted with brown outer edges it's done!.
- My youngest adds taco toppings like lettuce cheeses salsa etc.. His a taco junkie and thinks it's taco casserole his 6!😉.
Need a simple ground beef casserole to feed your family or friends? They will love this easy low-carb bacon cheeseburger casserole. Great recipe for P-lo's Hamburger Casserole. My sister first introduced this recipe to me I've just tweaked it over the years. She said she found it off of a bisquick box!.
Living Greener for Better Health By Consuming Superfoods Learning to slow down and enjoy your life is one facet of adopting a green lifestyle that many individuals appreciate. This is achievable regardless of how busy and frantic your life is. We need to return to a lifestyle that prevents disease before we have to get it treated. Unfortunately, most people don’t concern themselves about their health since they believe they can take a pill to fix the problem later on. It isn’t possible to turn around without being bombarded by ads about the newest pill to treat your health problems. Definitely, you may get better by taking a pill but not if you keep on doing the same old unhealthy habits. As soon as your body wears out, you cannot trade it in for a new one, like your car. You shouldn’t delay or it will be too late to take goood care of your body. Proper nutrition is essential for your body to function at optimum levels. When you eat, do you eat out of convenience or taste without finding out if what you are eating is beneficial for you? Do you regularly eat junk food and a good deal of fried foods from fast food restaurants? Ingesting sugar and starches, as well as oily foods, is there any wonder why new diseases are cropping up all of the time? The things we are eating cause obesity, diabetes, and high blood pressure of epidemic proportions. People are opting to eat better now that they are aware of how important food choices are to their health. Many good food can now be being sold at your local health food store or farmer’s market. Nearly all grocery stores now have organic foods. In the organic food section, you’ll find superfoods. That name has been given to 14 foods that have been proved to slow down a number of diseases, or even reverse them. You will find that you think more clearly when you start to consume these foods. You will start to feel a lot better when you choose to ingest the superfoods rather than junk food. By getting the proper nutrition, your body will function the way it is supposed to work. As a result, the immune system will be able to fight off any health condition. You should include several superfoods in your diet daily. To start with, beans are very good, and berries, in particular blueberries. Leagy greens, such as broccoli, spinach, and green tea. Whole grains, and oats, together with a variety of nuts, mainly walnuts. Additionally, you may wish to add salmon, turkey, yogurt, soya bean, tomatoes, oranges, and pumpkins. Making these foods a usual part of your diet will help solve your weight problems. Observing a green living diet plan will offer you just what you need to be healthy. Your immune system will become stronger, and your body can potentially ward off diseases. Ensure your future health by switching to healthy eating habits now.