Hong-Kong Style Pineapple Buns (菠蘿包).
You can have Hong-Kong Style Pineapple Buns (菠蘿包) using 17 ingredients and 23 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Hong-Kong Style Pineapple Buns (菠蘿包)
- Prepare of Milk Bread Dough.
- It’s 3 cup of bread flour.
- You need 1/4 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of instant yeast.
- You need 1 of egg.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of unsalted butter (softened and cubed).
- Prepare 3/4 cup of (soy) milk (warm).
- It’s of Topping Dough.
- Prepare 1 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1/4 cup of milk powder.
- Prepare 1 of egg yolk.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of unsalted butter (softened and cubed).
- You need 2 tbsp of water.
Hong-Kong Style Pineapple Buns (菠蘿包) step by step
- Make the milk bread dough..
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, mix together the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, salt, instant yeast). Then add 1 egg..
- Using the dough hook, mix the ingredients on stir/low speed. Slowly pour in the milk while stirring. Knead for 2 mins until a sticky dough forms..
- Add the unsalted butter that has been cut into small cubes. Continue kneading the dough on stir/low speed for 10 mins..
- Check if the dough has become smooth. If not, may continue kneading for 3-5 mins..
- Cover the dough in a bowl. Let it rise until size doubles, about 1-1.5 hours..
- Make the topping dough..
- In a medium-large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda and powder, milk powder and 1 egg yolk..
- Add the softened butter and mix well. Add 2 tbsp water, one at a time..
- Using your hand, gather and press the dough mixture. The dough starts out dry but your hand will help melt the butter and dough will smooth out until it no longer sticks much to your hand..
- Roll the topping dough into a log. Wrap in plastic or put in covered container. Place in fridge to chill until bread dough finishes 1st proof..
- Form the bread dough..
- After the bread dough has doubled in size, take it out of the bowl and place on a lightly floured surface. Press hard to squeeze the air out. Knead by hand a few times..
- Weigh the dough and equally divide into 10 or 12 buns, depending on your preference for size..
- Shape the dough into balls. Place on baking sheet and loosely covered. Let rise for 2nd time until doubled in size again, about 1 hour..
- Shape the topping dough and assemble buns..
- Take topping dough out of fridge. Weigh and equally divide into 10 or 12 pieces to match the number of buns..
- Roll each piece into a ball. Gently press or roll into a flat round disc that is slightly smaller than the bun's surface. Gently score a grid onto the topping to make the "pineapple" net-like pattern..
- Preheat oven to 350°F..
- When buns have doubled in size again after 2nd proof, place one piece of topping dough onto each bun. Use a piece of plastic wrap or a flat dough scraper to help transfer onto bun..
- [Optional] Mix 1 egg yolk with a bit of water and brush onto topping for extra shine and golden color. (I like to skip this to save an egg.).
- Bake the buns for about 15 mins at 350°F or until lightly golden..
- Enjoy fresh! Or toast in oven to make the top crunchy again on the following day..
Eat These 14 Superfoods to Go Green for Better Health Learning to slow down and enjoy your life is one aspect of adopting a green lifestyle that many folks appreciate. This is possible regardless of how filled and frenzied your life is. We should get back to where it was better to prevent disease in the first place. Most men and women think nothing of abusing their bodies now and fixing them with a pill later. Wherever you look, you hear about some magic pill that will at once fix your latest problem. There are certain pills that help, but only if you make some needed changes in your life. Unlike the car buying process, you won’t be able to exchange your worn out body for a new one. You have to take care of your health while you have the ability to do so. Your body cannot run correctly if it does not receive proper nutrition. When you eat, do you pay attention to the nutritional value or only eat anything tastes good at the time? How often do you eat mini mart junk food, or oily fried foods from the local fast food restaurant? As a lot of folks decide to eat things full of sugar, starch, and fat, more and more illnesses are being discovered. The things we are ingesting cause obesity, diabetes, and hypertension of pandemic proportions. A lot of people are realizing the importance of their food choices and are becoming more conscious about their health. Many good food can now be found at your local health food store or farmer’s market. Most likely, your local grocery store today has an organic food area. In this aisle, you’ll see the superfoods. That name has been given to 14 foods that have been found to delay a number of diseases, or even overturn them. Eating these foods will improve your mental awareness and capabilities. As you replace the junk food with the superfoods, you will see an astonishing increase in how much better you feel. Giving your body the nutrition it needs will enable it to function optimally. In this case, the immune system can fight off any health condition. You have to have a number of superfoods in your diet everyday. Foods such as beans and berries are excellent. Leafy veggies, such as broccoli, spinach, and green tea. Don’t forget whole grains and nuts. Make sure you include proteins such as soya beans, yogurt, salmon, and turkey, plus orange fruits and vegetables like oranges, pumpkins, and tomatoes. By eating these superfoods every day, you should not have to worry about any weight gain problems. Following a green living diet plan will offer you just what you need for good health. Your immune system will become stronger, and your body is likely to be free of disease. You can anticipate a healthy future by modifying your food choices now.