Eggs Benedict. Hot buttered English muffins, Canadian-style bacon, and poached eggs are topped with a heavenly drizzle of hollandaise sauce. Wonderful for Easter, Mother's Day, or anytime you want to treat yourself to the best brunch in the world! Serve with roasted potatoes for mopping up the extra egg yolk and hollandaise.
Cook, stirring frequently, until heated through and beginning to turn lightly brown around the. Eggs Benedict is a traditional breakfast dish composed of an English muffin topped with Canadian ham, poached eggs, and hollandaise sauce. It's the latter that gives Eggs Benny its reputation for. You can have Eggs Benedict using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Eggs Benedict
- You need 8 of eggs, room temperature.
- You need 2 Tbsp of white vinegar.
- Prepare 4 of English muffins – Woolworths.
- It’s 8 slices of smoked ham or smoked Salmon.
- Prepare Pack of baby spinach.
- Prepare of For hollandaise sauce.
- You need 3 of egg yolks.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1/8 teaspoon of cayenne pepper (optional).
- Prepare 10 tablespoons of butter (unsalted, if using salted butter skip adding salt).
Eggs Benedict, it's the brunch classic that always impresses, and it's easier to make than you might think. We'll show you how to do it. You might think making a classic Benny is beyond you, but break it down, and it's just a few basic parts: toast, ham, poached eggs, and hollandaise. It's so disgustingly delicious, it's almost disgusting.
Eggs Benedict instructions
- Make the hollandaise sauce. Melt the butter: Melt the butter slowly in a small pot. Try not to let it boil—you want the moisture in the butter to remain there and not steam away..
- Blend egg yolks, lemon juice, salt, until lightened in color: Add the egg yolks, lemon juice, salt and cayenne (if using) into your blender. Blend the egg yolk mixture at a medium to medium high speed until it lightens in color, about 20-30 seconds. The friction generated by the blender blades will heat the yolks a bit. The blending action will also introduce a little air into them, making your hollandaise a bit lighter..
- Lower blender setting, slowly drizzle in melted butter: Once the yolks have lightened in color, turn the blender down to its lowest setting (if you only have one speed on your blender it will still work), and drizzle in the hot melted butter slowly, while the blender is going. Continue to blend for another couple seconds after the butter is all incorporated..
- Adjust salt and lemon juice to taste: Turn off the blender and taste the sauce. It should be buttery, lemony and just lightly salty. If it is not salty or lemony enough, you can add a little lemon juice or salt to taste. If you want a thinner consistency, add a little warm water. Pulse briefly to incorporate the ingredients one more time. Store until needed in a warm spot, like on or next to the stovetop. Use within an hour or so..
- Bring poaching water to a simmer: bring a large saucepan two-thirds-filled with water to a boil, then add the vinegar. Bring the water to a boil again, then lower the heat to a bare simmer..
- Strain thin whites with a fine mesh sieve: Place the raw egg into a fine mesh sieve over a bowl. The very thin egg whites will drain out through the sieve. Gently add to hot water: Then gently ease the raw egg into your pot of simmering hot water..
- Toast English muffins: As soon as all the eggs are in the poaching water, begin toasting your English muffins. If you can’t get all the muffins toasted by the time the eggs are ready, gently remove the eggs from the poaching water and set in a bowl. Also add the spinach to a shallow pan with 2 tbsp of water and cook soft (wilted). Dry the spinach by putting it on rolling towel..
- Remove eggs with slotted spoon: Gently lift the poached eggs out of the pan with a slotted spoon and place on a plate to serve..
- Assemble your Eggs Benedict: To assemble, butter one side of an English muffin. Add wilted spinach. Top with each toasted side with a slice of smoked ham or salmon. Put a poached egg on top of each one, then pour some hollandaise over. Sprinkle some cayenne over it all and serve at once..
You toast an English muffin, top it with a slice of Canadian Bacon, then a poached egg, then—and this is the key ingredient—you top it with creamy, sinful, decadent, soul-inspiring homemade Hollandaise Sauce. Making Eggs Benedict requires careful orchestration. You have to have warm, crispy bacon, hot buttered toasted English muffins, eggs poached perfectly to your desire, and a warm, creamy, unbroken Hollandaise sauce, all at about the same time. Eggs Benedict recipe by Gordon Ramsay. It's magnificent with smoked salmon or spinach, but I like it best with crisp di Parma prosciutto style Italian ham.
Consume These 14 Superfoods to Go Green for Better Health One good thing about going green is opting to take life easier and enjoy yourself along the way. In spite of the fast pace of our modern world, you can accomplish this. We have to go back to a lifestyle that prevents disease before it needs treating. Most men and women think nothing of mistreating their bodies today and fixing them with a pill later. We’re barraged with advertisements for magic pills that are supposed to fix any problem right away. Naturally, several of these pills can help but only if you couple them with a change in lifestyle. When your body stops working right, you cannot obtain a new one. You shouldn’t delay or it will be too late to take goood care of yourself. Your body cannot run properly if it fails to get adequate nutrition. When you put food into your mouth, do you pay attention to the nutritional value or just eat whatever tastes good at the time? How often do you fill up on mini mart junk food, or greasy fried foods from the local fast food eating places? With all of the sugar-laden starchy and high fat food that virtually all people consume, it’s not surprising that new diseases are always being discovered. The foods we are eating are causing obesity, diabetes, and hypertension of pandemic proportions. Men and women are becoming more and more concerned about their health, and eating better, because they are tired of feeling poorly. Lots of nutritious food can now be being sold at your local health food store or farmer’s market. Majority of grocery stores these days sell organic foods. There you will be able to find what science has termed superfoods. Superfoods is the name given to 14 specific foods that can retard or reverse certain serious maladies. By eating these superfoods, your body will become healthier. As you replace the junk food with the superfoods, you will notice an amazing increase in how healthy you feel. By getting the proper nutrition, your body will function the way it is supposed to function. As a result, your immune system will easily fight off diseases. Make sure you incorporate these superfoods into your daily eating routine. Why not eat a few beans or blueberries? Then, try to add a few green vegetables such as broccoli, spinach, or green tea. Don’t forget whole grains and nuts. Furthermore, you need to eat yogurt, soybean, pumpkins, oranges, and tomatoes, along with salmon and turkey. If you eat the foods in this list, you will never have to worry about your weight again. Green living offers you a great eating pl
an, with all of the correct ingredients for better health. You will find that your immune system becomes better and your body will be able to fend off disease. You can anticipate a healthy future by changing your food choices today.