Paella – Valencia Style.
You can cook Paella – Valencia Style using 34 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Paella – Valencia Style
- Prepare 2 lbs of mild chorizo sausage small balls.
- It’s 2 lbs of chicken cubed.
- Prepare 2 lbs of prawns (or half and add clams or mussels).
- You need 2 of red peppers, julienned.
- Prepare 1 cup of frozen pkg frozen peas, thawed (optional).
- You need 1 cup of chick peas or 1 540 g can, drained and washed.
- You need 3 cups of rice (parboiled rice or a good Paella rice found in most gourmet shops).
- You need 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary.
- Prepare 5 g of Spanish saffron.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 2 litres of chicken broth.
- You need 1 of bulb garlic, chopped fine.
- You need 1/2 cup of olive oil (extra virgin oil like Gallo.
- It’s 1-2 tablespoons of fish sauce if you are not using a seafood broth.
- Prepare of Tools.
- Prepare of Use cast iron or steel pan.
- You need of Wooden spoon to stir.
- It’s of Paring knife (to remove garlic centre).
- It’s of Sharp cutting knife or preferred chopping choice.
- Prepare of Bowls.
- You need of Cutting board.
- You need of Ingredients for 8 people.
- It’s 1 lb of chorizo sausage chopped or made into bite sized balls.
- It’s 1 lb of chicken cubed.
- It’s 1 lb of prawns.
- Prepare 1 lb of clams or mussels.
- It’s 1/2 cup of thawed frozen peas.
- You need 1.5 cups of rice.
- Prepare 1 sprig of rosemary.
- It’s 2.5 grams of saffron.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- You need 1 ltr of chicken or seafood broth.
- It’s 1 of bulb garlic.
- You need 3/4 cup of olive oil.
Paella – Valencia Style instructions
- HINT If you have people sensitive to garlic before mincing garlic, take the heart out which is the green piece in the middle of the clove. Briefly sauté garlic and julienned peppers in 1/2 of the oil. For 5 minutes on medium heat. Add salt lightly, to taste. Remove peppers from pan and set aside. Leave garlic in pan..
- Sauté the chorizo sausage and the cubed chicken on medium heat for about 5 minutes, remember you are adding fresh ingredients to the pan so salt lightly for taste. Next add the rice. Saffron add 1 tsp of salt and the remaining oil. Sauté the ingredients in the pan for about 5 minutes. Even out the remaining ingredients in the pan and place the two sprigs of rosemary in the pan. Now you do not stir again..
- Add the warm chicken broth by using a ladle until the rice is covered in the pan. Do not dump the broth in as you want to keep the evenness of the rice on the bottom of the pan. Do not forget to add salt for taste. Scatter the chick peas evenly in the pan. Remember do not stir in. Let simmer for 20 minutes..
- Add shrimp and seafood of choice along with peas and re add peppers, arrange the remaining ingredients so that no mixing is required. Ddistributing evenly in pan..
- Cover with tinfoil and cook for approximately 10 minutes or until rice is cooked..
- HINTS – You can freeze the left over Paella but not for a long period of time. You could place in the oven to heat up. You can also re-fry the left over Paella in pan by adding some oil..
Eat These 14 Superfoods to Go Green for Great Health Learning to slow down and enjoy your life is one facet of going green that a lot of people appreciate. Even with the fast pace of our modern-day world, you can do this. We should take a step back and prevent diseases before they develop. The majority of people think nothing of abusing their bodies today and fixing them with a pill later. We’re bombarded with advertisements for magic pills that are claimed to fix any problem instantly. There are some pills that help, but only if you make a couple of essential alterations in your life. Unlike purchasing a new car, you won’t be able to exchange your exhausted body for a new one. You should learn how to look after it before it is too late. Proper nutrition is important for your body to work at top levels. Do you eat because something is available and you like the taste or do you choose nutritional foods? How many times a week do you eat at your local fast food restaurant or get junk food at the local mini mart? Eating sugar and starches, as well as greasy foods, is there any wonder why new diseases are being discovered all of the time? The foods we are eating cause obesity, diabetes, and high blood pressure of pandemic proportions. A lot of people are finally recognizing the importance of their food choices and are becoming more conscious about their health. Nowadays it is a lot easier to find quality foods by purchasing from a local farmer’s market or health food store. Virtually all grocery stores now sell organic foods. There you will be able to find what science has termed superfoods. That name has been given to 14 foods that have been shown to retard some diseases, or even reverse them. Eating these foods will help your mental health. As you replace the junk food with the superfoods, you will see an amazing increase in how good you feel. Giving your body the nutrition it requires will help it to work optimally. In this case, the immune system can fight off any malady. Your daily diet have to contain at least some of these super foods. To start, beans are great, and berries, especially blueberries. Eat some green tea or spinach or broccoli. Walnuts and whole food grains are a few other essentials. Make sure you eat proteins such as soy, yogurt, salmon, and turkey, plus orange fruits and vegetables like oranges, pumpkins, and tomatoes. If you eat these superfoods, you won’t have a weight problem again. Green living provides you with a great eating plan, with all of the right ingredients for better health. You will see that your immune system becomes healthier and your body will be able to ward off disease. You can look forward to a healthy future by modifying your food choices right now.