Heidi's Lime & Coconut Chicken.
You can have Heidi's Lime & Coconut Chicken using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Heidi's Lime & Coconut Chicken
- Prepare 1 1/2 kg of chicken drumsticks.
- You need 1 of brown onion, halved and sliced.
- Prepare 1 of red capsicum cut into strips.
- It’s 2 tbsp of corn flour.
- It’s 400 grams of can of coconut cream.
- Prepare 2 cup of chicken stock.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of tumeric.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Sharwoods mango chutney found in the indian curry section of the supermarket.
- You need 1/4 cup of sweet chilli sauce.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of lime juice.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1 small of handful chopped fresh coriander.
Heidi's Lime & Coconut Chicken instructions
- Brown chicken in large frying pan and set aside once done.
- Add onion and capsicum to pan until onion is lightly brown.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl whisk together the stock, cornflour, coconut cream and tumeric.
- Add the stock mixture to the onions and capsicum and bring to the boil. Reduce heat, add chicken pieces, mango chutney, lime juice and sugar.
- Simmer for 45 minutes. Stir through coriander and serve over rice..
- As I cook to taste, my measurements aren't exact so add more chilli sauce, lime or mango chutney to taste if needed. The mango chutney should be stronger in flavour than the sweet chilli sauce.
Going Green for Greater Health By Eating Superfoods One of the strongest reasons for going green is to slow down and revel in life. Even with the fast pace of our modern world, you can achieve this. We need to get back to the point where it was a lot better to avoid disease in the first place. Unfortunately, majority of people don’t concern themselves about their health since they believe they can take a pill to fix the problem later on. Everywhere you look, you find out about some magic pill that will straightaway fix your latest problem. Naturally, several of these pills can help but only if you couple them with a change in lifestyle. Unlike the car buying process, you can’t exchange your worn out body for a new one. You have to learn how to take care of your health the soonest you can. Your body has to have proper nutrients to function at its optimum levels. When you eat, do you eat out of convenience or taste without seeing if what you are putting in your mouth is good for you? How frequently do you eat at your local fast food joint or get junk food at the local convenience store? With all of the sugar-laden starchy and fatty food that most people ingest, it’s not surprising that new diseases are always being discovered. An increasing number of individuals are developing diabetes, hypertension, and other diseases because of the foods they ingest. Individuals are becoming increasingly concerned about their health, and eating better, because they are tired of not feeling well. Many nutritious food can now be being sold at your local health food store or farmer’s market. Most probably, your local grocery store nowadays has an organic food area. In the organic food section, you’ll see the superfoods. Superfoods refer to 14 specific foods that can retard or reverse certain serious health conditions. By consuming these superfoods, your body will become healthier. When you trade in the junk food for these super foods, you will be astonished at how well you will soon feel. Giving your body the nutrition it requires will allow it to function optimally. This in turn will help your immune system to fight disease more efficiently. You need to have a few superfoods in your diet everyday. To start, beans are great, and berries, especially blueberries. Things that are green, such as broccoli, spinach, and green tea. Walnuts and whole grains are a couple of other superfoods to add. Furthermore, you should have yogurt, soy, pumpkins, oranges, and tomatoes, along with salmon and turkey. If you eat these superfoods, you will never have a weight problem again. You will enjoy great health when you decide to eat the green living way. Your body will become disease free as your immune system improves. You can expect to have a healthy future by modifying your food choices now.