Chili Soup with Mashed Potato Cakes. Chili Soup with Mashed Potato Cakes. Mix mashed potatoes, flour, onion, egg, black pepper, and salt together in a bowl until batter consistency. Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table.
I rarely measure ingredients unless I am baking. In a large skillet brown. onion soup mix, chili powder, beans, water and tomatoes. minutes, stirring occasionally. In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. You can cook Chili Soup with Mashed Potato Cakes using 11 ingredients and 28 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chili Soup with Mashed Potato Cakes
- You need of Chili.
- Prepare 1 pound of Ground Beef.
- Prepare 1-2 of large Green bell Pepper cleaned & Chopped.
- You need 1-2 of large sweet onions Chopped.
- You need 24-36 ounces of V8 juice or tomato juice.
- You need 5-15 ounce of cans of Beans I use Red Kidney, Pink Kidney, Black Beans, northern Beans, rinsed thoroughly.
- You need 5 cloves of Garlic minced or 1/2 of an elephant garlic clove minced.
- You need 3-15 ounce of cans of Diced tomatoes do not drain.
- You need of Seasonings I use to taste: dash of cinnamon ( cuts acidity.
- You need 2 teaspoons of each: Ground Cumin, Chili Powder, Red pepper Flakes, Paprika (smoked or sweet).
- It’s to taste of Salt and Pepper.
In a large bowl, lightly beat one egg. Add the onion, potatoes, flour, salt, pepper and hot pepper sauce if desired. In a large saucepan, cook onion in butter or dripping until softened. Add chopped mushrooms and cook until tender and onion is golden.
Chili Soup with Mashed Potato Cakes step by step
- Brown meat in Large kettle or skillet, on medium low, when meat is almost done,.
- Add Chopped vegetables (Onions, bell peppers, canned or fresh tomatoes, beans, garlic, jalapeños if using.).
- Add half of seasonings. When veggies are tender..
- Add V8 or tomato juice. (I like V8 because of the flavor it adds.) Stir turn heat up to medium high until it begins to boil..
- I use two different methods for cooking..
- 1.). On top of the stove to simmer all day on semi low. I use a lid that I will allow steam to escape. If I have to add more liquid..
- Sometimes I add low sodium chicken broth, sometimes water. I start in the morning so it will be ready for dinner..
- 2.) Slow cooker method. I like to fix it before I go to bed, start it on the stove then transfer to lightly oiled Slow Cooker..
- I start it on high for approximately 45 minutes. I turn it on low to cook over night. Then warm when I get up. Ready for lunch and dinner..
- Mashed Potato Cakes.
- My husband enjoys mashed potatoes. However when I make them, I have to make quite a bit extra. Next time you make mashed potatoes… make almost double..
- 8 Medium to large Potatoes, Peeled, quartered or more depending on size.
- 8 ounces of low fat cream cheese softened..
- Warm milk.. I add 1/4 cup at a time.
- Softened real Butter I use unsalted 1/2 of a stick. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Mash all together. I like to add fresh roasted garlic, fresh shredded cheese of my choice. We like smoked Gouda but a little bit goes a long way..
- To make my mashed potatoes, I use Russet potatoes, enough for four people. Approximately.. 8 medium to large potatoes. Cleaned, peeled and Cut I To quarters or sixth (depending how large).
- I place in Low sodium Chicken Broth. Boil until tender, Rinse and save broth.. set it aside.
- I place potatoes back in pot they were cooked in.
- Mash all ingredients until almost smooth. I like a few small lumps, I want my guest to know they are not instant..
- The next day, add to your mashed potatoes to prepare to make cakes..
- Oil to fry in about 2-3 inches deep or deep fry. Bread crumbs, sometimes I crush corn flakes, sometimes I use Panko Crumbs, sometimes plain fine bread crumbs. I like to add my own seasonings to my taste which varies..
- 1-2 sweet onions peeled and chopped..
- 2 garlic cloves minced..
- Seasonings I use to taste: salt, pepper, Italian, Cumin, divide these in half..
- 1 cup of all purpose flour per two cups of mashed potatoes. More if you need it..
- I season my potatoes and my bread crumbs. Stir well.
- Wet your hands shake of excess.. scoop some out with your wet hands. Roll into a ball, place in seasoned bread crumbs.
- Roll around and slightly flatten, place in Hot oil carefully. I normally fry in skillet. About 3-4 minutes each side on medium heat..
Add chicken broth, salt, pepper, and paprika, stirring to mix. Heat the oil with the butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until almost smoking. In a medium bowl stir together potatoes, shallot, flour, egg, salt, and pepper, until completely mixed with no trace of egg or flour; the mixture will be sticky Heat a medium non-stick pan on medium heat Add just enough vegetable oil to cover the bottom of the pan, probably about a tablespoon depending on the size of your pan Ingredients to make Potato Cakes: Mashed potatoes: using leftovers is perfect for this recipe! If you have leftover mashed potatoes on hand just use those (if you need, this is my FAVORITE way to make Mashed Potatoes!). You can always make a fresh batch of potatoes also.
Eat These 14 Superfoods to Go Green for Better Health Learning to slow down and enjoy your life is one aspect of adopting a green lifestyle that most people appreciate. This is achievable no matter how busy and frenzied your life is. We need to get back to the point where it was a lot better to avoid disease in the first place. Alas, most people don’t concern themselves about their health because they think they can take a pill to fix the problem later on. Everywhere you look, you find out about some magic pill that will straightaway fix your latest problem. In reality, some of these pills can help but only if you couple them with shift in your lifestyle. When your body stops working properly, you cannot obtain a brand new body. You shouldn’t postpone it or it will be too late to take care of yourself. Proper nutrition is essential for your body to work at optimum levels. When you eat, do you eat out of convenience or taste without seeing if what you are eating is good for you? How often do you eat mini mart junk food, or fatty fried foods from the local fast food restaurant? Since most people decide to eat things full of sugar, starch, and fat, more and more illnesses are cropping up. The foods we are eating are causing obesity, diabetes, and hypertension of pandemic proportions. Many people are at last realizing the importance of their food choices and are becoming more concerned about their health. Healthy food is now readily available at local grocery and health food markets. Most likely, your local grocery store nowadays has an organic food aisle. In this section of the store, you’ll find superfoods. That name has been given to 14 foods that have been shown to slow down ce
rtain diseases, or even overturn them. You will discover that you think more clearly when you begin to consume these superfoods. When you replace the junk food with the superfoods, you will notice a surprising increase in how good you feel. Your body will start to run as it was meant to when you provide it with the right nutrition. In this case, the immune system is better able to fight off any malady. Your daily diet must include at least several of these super foods. Foods such as beans and berries are excellent. Leagy greens, such as broccoli, spinach, and green tea. Walnuts and whole cereals are a few other essentials. See to it that you eat proteins such as soy, yogurt, salmon, and turkey, and also orange fruits and vegetables like oranges, pumpkins, and tomatoes. Making these foods a normal part of your diet will get rid of your weight gain problems. Green living equips you with a good eating plan, with all of the good ingredients for better health. You will see that your immune system becomes stronger and your body will be able to fend off disease. Ensure your future health by developing healthy eating habits now.