Simmered Beef Tendon. Great recipe for Simmered Beef Tendon. I love tender, juicy simmered beef tendon, so I tried many recipes. I think that simple flavors are the best, so I've settled on this recipe.
Rinse beef tendons under cold water and place into a bowl in a steamer insert. Add additional water as needed to ensure the bottom of the pot does not dry out. So, beef tendon is a fibrous band of tissue that muscle to the beef bone. You can cook Simmered Beef Tendon using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Simmered Beef Tendon
- You need 150 of to 200 grams Beef tendons.
- It’s 1/2 of of a block Konnyaku.
- Prepare 4 cm of piece Daikon radish.
- You need 4 cm of piece Carrot.
- Prepare 1 of Silken tofu.
- It’s of For parboiling the beef tendons:.
- Prepare 3 slice of Sliced ginger.
- Prepare 1 of Japanese leek.
- It’s of Flavoring ingredients:.
- It’s 200 ml of Dashi stock.
- You need 2 tbsp of Soy sauce.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Mirin.
- You need 1 tbsp of Sake.
- Prepare 1 slice of Sliced ginger.
This cut is widely popular in Asian cuisine. Raw tendon in very tough and fibrous and honestly look pretty weird. When you cook it enough it becomes very soft and melts in your mouth. First, bring a small pot of water to a boil.
Simmered Beef Tendon instructions
- Put the beef tendons, leek and sliced ginger in a pan and add enough water to cover. Bring to a boil..
- Simmer over low heat for about 1 hour. Skim off any scum. If the water level gets too low, add more..
- When the tendons are tender, rinse until clean under running water..
- Cut the daikon radish into quarters and slice. Cut up the carrot roughly, and rip the konnyaku into pieces with your hands. Parboil the daikon radish and konnyaku, and drain..
- Cut the beef tendons into bite-size pieces with kitchen scissors..
- Bring the flavoring ingredients to a boil in a separate pot. Add all the prepped ingredients to the pot..
- Put a drop lid (otoshibuta) directly on top of the food. If you don't have one, you can substitute a sheet of aluminium foil. Simmer until all the ingredients are tender and well flavored, about an hour..
- When all the ingredients have absorbed lots of flavor, break up the tofu and add to the pot. Bring to a boil and serve..
- It's delicious served with ichimi togarashi chili pepper powder and chopped green onions on top..
Drain and rinse off the scummy residue from the pot. This will help remove the blood and other impurities from the meat. Then drain out the water and rinse the meat thoroughly. Use a heavy-based pot for this next step. Beef Tendons are perfect for stock and soup chefs and will turn into sand sized particles after a day or more in the stock pot.
Eat These 14 Superfoods to Go Green for Optimal Health One great feature of going green is deciding to take life easier and enjoy yourself along the way. In spite of the fast pace of our modern world, you can achieve this. We need to take a step back and fight diseases before they occur. Alas, most people don’t trouble themselves about their health since they believe they can take a pill to fix the problem later on. It’s impossible to turn around without seeing advertisements about the newest pill to treat your health problems. There are a few pills that help, but only if you make a few necessary changes in your life. When your body quites functioning right, you cannot obtain a new body. You need to learn how to look after your body before it is too late. Your body cannot work correctly if it doesn’t get proper nutrition. Do you eat because food is available and you love the taste or do you choose foods that are good for you? Do you regularly eat junk food and a good deal of fried foods from fast food places? With all of the sugar-laden starchy and high fat food that virtually all people ingest, it’s not surprising that new diseases are regularly occurring. The food products we are ingesting cause obesity, diabetes, and hypertension of pandemic proportions. People are becoming more and more conscious about their health, and eating better, because they are tired of not feeling well. Nutritious food is now being sold at local grocery and health food shops. Most grocery stores now have organic foods. In the organic food section, you’ll find superfoods. Superfoods refer to 14 specific foods that can slow down or reverse certain serious health conditions. By consuming these superfoods, your body will be uplifted to new heights in mental awareness, and perceptions. When you replace the junk food with the superfoods, you will see an amazing increase in how good you feel. Giving your body the nutrition it requires will allow it to run well. When this happens, it will enable your immune system to ward off disease more efficiently. Be sure to integrate these superfoods into your daily diet. Why not include a few beans or blueberries? Next, add some green foods such as broccoli, spinach, or green tea. Walnuts and whole cereals are some other foods to include. Furthermore, you need to include yogurt, soybean, pumpkins, oranges, and tomatoes, together with salmon and turkey. Making these foods a regular part of your diet will help solve your problems with gaining weight. You will enjoy good health when you opt to eat the green living way. Your immune system will be much improved, and your body is likely to ward off diseases. Prepare for a great future by changing your eating habits now.