Balado terong – Aubergine with chili sauce. Balado terong – Aubergine with chili sauce Balado is a red hot spicy sauce that you can use to stir fry all kind of food, with prawns, squids, eggs, potatoes and aubergine being the most popular choice. And balado terong is one of famous sambal recipes in Indonesia. Balado terong – Aubergine with chili sauce step by step.
Heat vegetable oil in a wok on high heat. The word 'balado' is mostly found in Padang specialties which refer to spicy dishes. Add chopped tomato and cook until tomato just wilted. You can have Balado terong – Aubergine with chili sauce using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Balado terong – Aubergine with chili sauce
- You need 1 of aubergine.
- Prepare 5 of big red chilies (more or less, depend on how spicy you like).
- Prepare 3 of shallots.
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves.
- It’s 1 of tomato.
- Prepare 100 ml of vegetable oil.
- You need 1 tsp of salt or to taste.
- It’s 1 tsp of sugar or to taste.
- You need 1 of bay leave.
- It’s 1 of kaffir lime leave.
- Prepare 1 tsp of lime juice.
- It’s 1 handful of lemon basil for garnish (optional).
Balado is an Indonesian type of sambal originated from West Sumatra, Padang cuisine to be exact. It is basically a ground red chili stir-fried with shallots. As long as I remember. balado is the most known "chili sauce" in Indonesia. Terong Balado (Eggplant in Spicy Chili Sauce) originated from Padang, the western part of Sumatra island in Indonesia.
Balado terong – Aubergine with chili sauce instructions
- Wash the aubergine, remove the cap and cut it lengthwise (unpeeled). Soak in cold water that has been sprinkled with plenty of salt to prevent aubergine flesh from turning into brown color..
- Heat vegetable oil in a wok on high heat. Pat dry aubergine and fry for about 2 minutes to bring out the color. Drain over a wire rack to remove excess oil and set aside..
- The spice paste : Put chilies, shallots, garlic and tomato in a food processor and blend until smooth. Add a little bit oil to help the blending process. Put aside..
- Remove the oil from the wok and leave about 2 tablespoons of oil. Heat the oil and stir fry the spice paste, bay leave, kaffir lime leave, salt and sugar until fragrant, about 2-3 minutes..
- Adjust the taste. Add salt if necessary. Add the lime juice and stir to mix..
- Toss in the fried aubergine for another 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and garnish with lemon basil leaves. Serve with steamed rice..
The dishes from that region are always spicy and hot. There are many variations of balado (spicy chili sauce). The first thing to do is to remove the stems from the eggplants, then cut into bite-size wedges, and soaked in salty cold water to prevent the flesh from turning brown. The final step is to cook the balado sauce and then stir fry the deep fried eggplants in the sauce. Balado is a red hot spicy sauce that you can use to stir fry all kind of food, with prawns, squids, eggs, potatoes, and eggplants being the most popular choice.
Eating 14 Superfoods Is A Great Way To Go Green For Better Health One of the strongest reasons for green living is to slow down and revel in life. This is attainable no matter how busy and hectic your life is. We should get back to where it was a better idea to prevent disease in the first place. Numerous people have the attitude of destryong the body today, and fix it with a pill later on. No matter where you look, you find out about some magic pill that will straightaway fix your latest problem. Definitely, you may get better by taking a pill but not if you hold on to the same old negative habits. When your body wears out, you won’t be able to trade it in for a new one, like your car. You shouldn’t postpone it or it will be too late to take care of your body. Your body cannot work properly if it doesn’t have proper nutrition. When you eat, do you eat out of convenience or taste without finding out if what you are putting in your mouth is beneficial for you? How often do you fill up on mini mart junk food, or greasy fried foods from the local fast food joints? Ingesting sugar and starches, and greasy foods, is it any surprise that new diseases are cropping up all of the time? More and more individuals are developing diabetes, high blood pressure, and other diseases because of the foods they eat. People are deciding to eat better now that they realize how crucial food choices are to their health. A lot of healthy food are now being sold at your local health food store or farmer’s market. In all probability, your local grocery store nowadays has an organic food section. This section is full of what are now known as superfoods. Superfoods are 14 specific foods that can retard or reverse certain serious maladies. Eating these superfoods will help your mental health. When you trade in the junk food for these super foods, you will be astonished at how well you will soon feel. Your body will begin to run as it is supposed to when you provide it with the correct nutrition. In this case, the immune system will be able to fight off any disease. You have to have some superfoods in your diet daily. Foods such as beans and berries are very good. Next, add a few green foods such as broccoli, spinach, or green tea. Include whole food grains and nuts. Make sure you include proteins such as soya, yogurt, salmon, and turkey, plus orange fruits and veggies like oranges, pumpkins, and tomatoes. Making these foods a normal part of your diet will eliminate your problems with gaining weight. Green living equips you with a solid eating plan, with all of the appropriate ingredients for better health. Your immune system will be much improved, and your body can be free of disease. Prepare for a healthy future by making positive changes to your eating habits today.