Nasi Kuning (Yellow turmeric rice). Whenever there is a wedding, first birthdays or someone passed away, Nasi Kuning is made and it is shaped in a cone and served with a banana leaf on top. Nasi kuning – a delicate and aromatic yellow rice made with turmeric and coconut milk. This classic festive rice is easy to prepare, you can make this in the rice cooker or stove top!
Nasi kuning is a delicious fragrant rice dish from Indonesia. Basmati rice is cooked in coconut milk and flavoured with lemongrass and turmeric, giving it a gorgeous golden yellow colour. In this recipe, Shu serves it with a quick and spicy green bean stir-fry. You can cook Nasi Kuning (Yellow turmeric rice) using 35 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Nasi Kuning (Yellow turmeric rice)
- You need of Turmeric Rice.
- Prepare 2 3/4 cups of Jasmine rice.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cups of water.
- Prepare 2 cups of coconut milk.
- Prepare 1 tbs of turmeric powder.
- It’s 1 tbs of salt.
- Prepare 1 stalk of lemongrass.
- You need 2 of bay leaves.
- Prepare of Egg Balado.
- It’s 6 of eggs (hard boiled).
- Prepare 6 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 1 of medium red onion.
- You need 1 of big tomato.
- You need 7 pcs of red chilli.
- It’s of Salt & pepper.
- It’s of Oil to sauté.
- You need of Traditional Fried Chicken.
- It’s 1 of whole chicken.
- You need 2 tbs of coriander powder.
- It’s 100 g of grated coconut.
- You need 6 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 2 cm of ground turmeric.
- It’s 4 cm of ground ginger.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- It’s 1 cup of water.
- You need of Oil to fry.
- Prepare of Veg Bihoon.
- Prepare 250 g of bihoon.
- You need 100 g of shredded cabbage.
- You need 2 of medium carrots (shredded).
- It’s 1 of medium red onion.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic.
- You need 4 tbs of oyster sauce.
- It’s 2 tbs of sweet soya sauce.
- It’s of Salt & pepper.
Indonesian yellow rice called Nasi Kuning is a delicious staple food. Nasi is what they call rice in Indonesia, it is served with every meal and everything served with it is considered an accompaniment. They enjoy rice made all different ways but this cone shaped rice is to represent the mountains and clearly the focal point of the tumpeng. Nasi Kuning (Yellow turmeric rice) Recipe by Good Food Journey – Cookpad Nasi Kuning (Yellow turmeric rice) The best menu for birthday celebration or any celebration.
Nasi Kuning (Yellow turmeric rice) instructions
- Clean the rice and add the water to cook, along with all ingredients.
- Cook the rice at low heat, until the rice is cooked, it takes approximately 20mins to cook. You may want to stir the rice a bit when the water starts to shimmer.
- Keep the lid closed after you turn off the heat and keep it to let the rice fully cooked.
- Meanwhile, prepare the chicken, clean and cut into 10-12 pieces.
- Grind all the ingredients for the chicken except the water.
- Place the chicken in a pot, add the grinded ingredients and add 1 cup of water. Boil the chicken until the water is over then set aside.
- Prepare the egg balado: after boiling the egg, remove the shell and let the egg cool down.
- Grind all the ingredients until it forms a paste.
- On a frying pan, add little oil approx. 50ml to sauté the paste, add 50ml of water and cook until it changes colour.
- Once the sauce colour turns darker, add the egg and let it cooked until there is no more water and the paste becomes thick.
- Remove the egg from the pan and set aside.
- Next repare the ingredients for the Veg. Bihoon.
- Sauté the garlic and onion on a pot over medium heat, let the onion become soften.
- Add the shredded cabbage and cook until it changes colour, then add the shredded carrots and mix well.
- Add the bihoon with some water to keep the bihoon hydrated.
- Add the oyster sauce, sweet soya sauce,salt and pepper. Get the taste that you desire.
- Cook until everything is mixed well, approximately 15 minutes then remove from the heat and set aside.
- Now it's time to fry the chicken, fry them until golden brown, get the crumbs from the chicken seasonings as well.
- Lastly, arrange all the items on a plate, you can cut the egg into half and serve all together. Enjoy!.
Served with traditional fried chicken, veg bihoon and egg bal. more Nasi kuning, literally "yellow rice", is a rice dish cooked with coconut milk, herbs and turmeric. This is a dish full of symbolism in Indonesian culture. For example, the yellow colour of the dish, which comes from the turmeric, represents piles or mountains of gold, symbolizing wealth, prosperity and virtuosity. Yellow rice is one of my favorite, it turns a boring rice dish to a delicious delicacy tastes wonderful even on its own. The fragrance from the coconut milk, turmeric, lime leaves, all absorbed by the rice rendering every mouthful a pleasant burst of flavor.
Eating 14 Superfoods Is A Superb Way To Go Green For Better Health Learning to slow down and enjoy your life is one facet of going green that most people appreciate. It is possible to attain this, even in this busy world we are in. We must get back to the point where it was a lot better to avoid disease in the first place. Numerous individuals have the attitude of destroying the body today, and heal it with a pill tomorrow. No matter where you look, you find out about some magic pill that will straightaway fix your latest problem. There are a few pills that help, but only if you make a couple of essential changes in your life. Unlike purchasing a new car, you can’t trade in your worn out body for a new one. You shouldn’t wait too long or it will be too late to look after yourself. Your body requires the right nutrients to operate at its optimum levels. When you eat, are you concerned about the nutritional value or merely eat whatever tastes good at the time? How often do you consume mini mart junk food, or oily fried foods from the local fast food eating places? Eating sugar and starches, and also fatty foods, is there any wonder why new diseases are discovered all of the time? There is an epidemic of obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure, and many others, possibly induced by the foods that are ingested. Men and women are becoming more health conscious, and eating better, because they are tired of not feeling well. A lot of healthy food can now be available at your local health food store or farmer’s market. Today, you can find an organic food area in virtually all grocery stores. There you will be able to see what science has named superfoods. Superfoods refer to 14 specific foods that can slow down or reverse certain serious illnesses. By eating these superfoods, your body will more fit. You will begin to feel a whole lotso much better when you choose to eat the superfoods in place of junk food. Giving your body the nutrition it needs will help it to function optimally. When this happens, it wil
l help your immune system to combat disease more efficiently. You have to have a few superfoods in your diet each day. First off, beans are excellent, and berries, particularly blueberries. Leagy greens, such as broccoli, spinach, and green tea. Don’t forget whole food grains and nuts. Additionally, you have to include yogurt, soy, pumpkins, oranges, and tomatoes, along with salmon and turkey. By consuming these superfoods on a regular basis, you should not have to worry about any weight problems. Green living offers you a solid diet plan, with all of the correct ingredients for better health. You will find that your immune system becomes better and your body will be able to fend off disease. Prepare for an awesome future by changing your eating habits right now.