Cheesy ham & potatoes. This made from scratch Cheesy Ham and Potato Chowder is thick and creamy and the perfect way to breathe new life into your leftover ham. Reviews for: Photos of Cheesy Ham and Hash Brown Casserole. I usually make this to use up leftover ham.
I have added garlic sometimes as well. Made with cubed ham, fresh corn, and flavorful thyme, this dish is an easier twist on a soufflé. Mornings are much better with a hearty, savory breakfast casserole like this cheesy grits bake. You can have Cheesy ham & potatoes using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cheesy ham & potatoes
- You need 3 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 1 of sm yellow onion, finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 packages of cooked ham steaks.
- Prepare 3 tbs of AP flour.
- You need 1 tsp of paprika.
- It’s 1 1/2 c of milk.
- Prepare to taste of Kosher salt & pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Italian seasoning.
- You need 1/2 bag of little potatoes (i used the littlepotatocompany).
- Prepare 1 cup (1/2 bag) of your fav shredded cheese.
- It’s of Optional: crushed red pepper.
It always makes me so happy when I discover a recipe that not only tastes AMAZING, but is also so easy to pull together. Ham and potato casserole is a mouthwatering dinner idea your entire family will love! This comfort food features slices of potatoes, ham and cheese in a creamy sauce with a golden au gratin crust on top. This Cheesy Ham and Potato Soup is easy to throw together, and will quickly become a family favorite.
Cheesy ham & potatoes step by step
- Preheat oven to 375. In med saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add onions & let cook, stirring occasionally for about 4 minutes. While that is cooking, chop ham into small pieces..
- Sprinkle flour & paprika & let cook, stirring occasionally. While whisking, add milk. Bring to a simmer & whisk until thick. Stir in ham, salt, pepper & Italian seasoning..
- Cut potatoes in half, spread across a 8×8 or 9×9 pan. Sprinkle salt & pepper over potatoes. Spoon sauce over potatoes. *Optional: sprinkle crushed red pepper flakes.*.
- Sprinkle cheese over top. Put aluminum foil over pan & let cook for 40 min (to really get potatoes soft). Then remove aluminum foil & let cook 25 minutes. Let cool..
It's my favorite meal on a cold chilly day, and tastes amazing. An easy recipe for cheesy potato casserole! It's perfect for making for parties and using leftover ham from the holidays! Need something quicker than a casserole? This cheesy ham chowder is the most mouthwatering solution!
Eat These 14 Superfoods to Go Green for Better Health One good feature of adopting a green lifestyle is choosing to take life easier and enjoy yourself along the way. It is possible to accomplish this, even in this busy world we are living in. We should take a step back and prevent diseases before they develop. Regrettably, almost all people don’t trouble themselves about their health as they think they can take a pill to fix the problem later on. We’re barraged with adverts for magic pills that are advertised to fix any problem right away. Of course, some of these pills can help but only if you couple them with a change in lifestyle. Unlike the car buying process, you can’t exchange your worn out body for a new one. You should take care of your body while you can. Proper nutrition is essential for your body to run at best levels. When you put food into your mouth, are you concerned about the nutritional value or only eat the food that tastes good at the time? How often do you consume mini mart junk food, or fatty fried foods from the local fast food eating places? Ingesting sugar and starches, as well as oily foods, is it any surprise that new diseases are discovered all of the time? The things we are eating are causing obesity, diabetes, and hypertension of epidemic proportions. A lot of people are realizing the importance of their food choices and are becoming more concerned about their health. Good nutritious food is now found at local grocery and health food markets. Today, you can find an organic food aisle in nearly all grocery stores. There you will be able to get what science has termed superfoods. “Superfoods” refers to 14 foods that have been discovered to delay or reverse certain illnesses. You will discover that you think more clearly when you start to ingest these foods. Once you trade in the junk food for these super foods, you will be astonished at how good you will soon feel. Your body will begin to function as it is supposed to when you provide it with the correct nutrition. In this case, the immune system can fight off any illness. Your daily diet need to have at least several of these super foods. Why not include several beans or blueberries? Add some green tea or spinach or broccoli. Include whole food grains and nuts. Make sure you include proteins such as soybeans, yogurt, salmon, and turkey, as well as orange fruits and veggies like oranges, pumpkins, and tomatoes. Making these foods a usual part of your diet will eliminate your weight gain problems. You will enjoy good health as you choose to eat the green living way. Your immune system will be better, and your body can potentially ward off diseases. Prepare for an awesome future by modifying your eating habits now.