Easiest Way to Make Appetizing Shinsekai Doteyaki – Simmered Beef Tendon with Miso (A Famous Osaka Speciality)
Shinsekai Doteyaki – Simmered Beef Tendon with Miso (A Famous Osaka Speciality). When the miso has dissolved, add the konnyaku and beef tendon. If you can leave the pan to rest over night. If you don't have time, cool the pan by putting the bottom in cold water.
The doteyaki I had at a kushikasu (fried cutlet skewer) restaurant in the Osaka neighborhood of Shinsekai was delicious, so I tried recreating it. The key is to parboil the meat properly to get. I tear up the konnyaku with my hands to allow the flavors to be absorbed easily. You can have Shinsekai Doteyaki – Simmered Beef Tendon with Miso (A Famous Osaka Speciality) using 11 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Shinsekai Doteyaki – Simmered Beef Tendon with Miso (A Famous Osaka Speciality)
- You need 350 of to 400 grams Beef tendon.
- You need 2 of pieces Konnyaku.
- It’s 2 of to 3 stalks worth The green part of a Japanese leek (for parboiling the meat).
- It’s 1 slice of Ginger (for parboiling).
- It’s 1 of Green onion, ichimi togarashi.
- You need of For the simmering sauce:.
- It’s 150 grams of White miso.
- Prepare 300 ml of Bonito based dashi stock.
- You need 1 tbsp of Sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Mirin.
- You need 1 tbsp of Sake.
I tear up the konnyaku with my hands to allow the flavors to be absorbed easily. Of course, we added on a couple more sticks after that (ala carte style!). Every set also comes with a free doteyaki (doteyaki beef tendons and daikon radish simmered with miso), which we loved and ordered one more ala carte! Just dunk a crispy fried kushikatsu in the special sauce, and then eat it.
Shinsekai Doteyaki – Simmered Beef Tendon with Miso (A Famous Osaka Speciality) step by step
- Put a generous amount of water in a pot with the been tendon, the green parts of the leeks and the slice of ginger. Bring to a boil. When it comes to a boil skim off the scum while it simmers over medium heat..
- When no more scum is coming out, take the meat out and wash it carefully in cold water. Put 2 liters of water in a pressure cooker, add the parboiled beef tendon and start boiling..
- When it comes to a boil skim off any scum carefully. Lock on the lid and bring the pot up to pressure. Cook under pressure for 15 minutes, turn off the heat and leave until the pressure comes down. The meat will continue cooking in residual heat..
- Prepare the konnyaku. Score the surface about 2-3 mm deep with a fork in a crisscross pattern so that the flavors will penetrate it better..
- When you have scored the konnyaku like this, cut into 1-2cm dice..
- Boil in a generous amount of hot water for about 5 minutes to eliminate the odor..
- When the pressure cooker has completely depressurized, take the beef tendon out and rinse it in water. Cut into bite sized pieces..
- Put all the simmering liquid ingredients in a pan and start heating. When the miso has dissolved, add the konnyaku and beef tendon..
- When the liquid comes to a boil, turn the heat down to low and simmer slowly for about 10 minutes..
- If you can leave the pan to rest over night. If you don't have time, cool the pan by putting the bottom in cold water. As the contents cool they will absorb flavor. Leave until it's completely cool..
- Heat up the pan just before eating. If the liquid is too thick and gelatinous add a little water to adjust. Simmer until the sauce is as thick as you like..
- Serve with some chopped green onion or ichimi spice on top. Try it with beer..
- This is the doteyaki from a famous restaurant in the Osaka district of Shinsekai..
I tear up the konnyaku with my hands to allow the flavors to be absorbed easily. The key is to parboil the meat properly to get rid of any gaminess. Shinsekai Doteyaki – Simmered Beef Tendon with Miso (A Famous Osaka Speciality) Recipe by cookpad.japan Great recipe for Shinsekai Doteyaki – Simmered Beef Tendon with Miso (A Famous Osaka Speciality). The doteyaki I had at a kushikasu (fried cutlet skewer) restaurant in the Osaka neighborhood of Shinsekai was delicious, so I tried recreating. Pronounced "do-tay-ya-key," and alternatively referred to as dote-ni, doteyaki is a dish of beef tendons submerged in a golden miso-enriched liquid, gently simmered into tender submission.
Consume These 14 Superfoods to Go Green for Better Health One terrific feature of going green is deciding to take life easier and enjoy yourself along the way. Even with the fast pace of our modern-day world, you can achieve this. We must take a step back and fix diseases before they occur. Too many folks have the attitude of destryong the body today, and mend it with a pill later on. We’re bombarded with ads for magic pills that are supposed to fix any problem right away. Of course, you may get better by taking a pill but not if you hold on to the same old unhealthy habits. When your body quites functioning right, you cannot get yourself a healthy one. You shouldn’t wait too long or it will be too late to take care of your body. Proper nutrition is important for your body to function at optimum levels. Do you eat because food is available and you like what they taste or do you decided to eat healthy foods? How often do you fill up on mini mart junk food, or oily fried foods from the local fast food joints? As a lot of folks decide to consume things full of sugar, starch, and fat, more and more illnesses are being discovered. The things we are consuming are causing obesity, diabetes, and hypertension of epidemic proportions. People are opting to eat better now that they realize how crucial food choices are to their health. Nutritious food is now being sold at local grocery and health food shops. Almost all grocery stores now sell organic foods. In the organic food section, you’ll be able to find superfoods. That name has been given to 14 foods that have been shown to retard a number of diseases, or even overturn them. Consuming these foods will make your mental awareness and abilities better. As you replace the junk food with the superfoods, you will see an astonishing increase in how much better you feel. Your body will begin to function as it is supposed to when you supply it with the right nutrition. When this happens, your immune system will easily fight off health conditions. Make sure you integrate these superfoods into your diet every day. Why not add several beans or blueberries? Add some green tea or spinach or broccoli. Whole cereals, and oats, together with a mix of nuts, mainly walnuts. Also, you need to eat yogurt, soy, pumpkins, oranges, and tomatoes, plus salmon and turkey. When you eat these superfoods daily, you should eliminate any problems with gaining weight. Green living gives you a solid diet plan, with all of the appropriate ingredients for better health. You will find that your immune system becomes healthier and your body will be able to fend off disease. Prepare for an awesome future by modifying your eating habits right now.