Osaka Okonomiyaki with Beef Tendon. Kobe Style Okonomiyaki Close to Osaka is Kobe, which has its own unique style of using slow cooked beef tendons and konnyaku. Konnyaku is made from konjac potatoes, which are finely sliced, dried then ground into a powder. This is then mixed with water to make the jelly like konnyaku.
Crisp green onions flavored with a specially-made soy-based sauce are paired with crispy beef tendon and cubes of konnyaku to make their popular dish sujinegi. This restaurant comes well-recommended by the locals. Okonomiyaki is one of Osaka's signature dishes, and it's characteristically cheap, unpretentious, and delicious. You can have Osaka Okonomiyaki with Beef Tendon using 31 ingredients and 22 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Osaka Okonomiyaki with Beef Tendon
- It’s of Batter (combine the ※ ingredients beforehand).
- Prepare 500 grams of ※Cake flour.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of ※Sugar.
- Prepare 2 tsp of ※Salt.
- Prepare 1 liter of ※The water from boiling beef tendon or use the chicken stock from.
- You need 150 grams of ※Yamaimo yam.
- It’s 3 tbsp of ※Bonito flakes.
- You need 15 grams of ※Baking powder.
- Prepare 1 1/5 kg of Finely chopped cabbage.
- It’s 1 of Tempura batter crumbs.
- It’s 1 bunch of Green onions or scallions.
- Prepare 1 of Red pickled ginger.
- You need 12 of Eggs.
- It’s of Additions.
- You need 200 grams of Beef tendon.
- It’s 200 grams of Thinly sliced pork belly.
- It’s 200 grams of Boiled octopus.
- Prepare of To parboil the beef tendon:.
- Prepare 2 large of Water.
- Prepare 3 slice of Ginger.
- It’s 2 of stalks worth The green part of a Japanese leek.
- It’s of To flavor the beef tendon.
- It’s 40 ml of Soy sauce.
- Prepare 400 ml of Water.
- You need 25 ml of Sake.
- Prepare 1 of and 1/2 tablespoon Sugar.
- Prepare of Toppings.
- Prepare 1 of 10:1 blend Tonkatsu sauce, "Doro" Sauce (a type of thick Worcestershire-style sauce).
- It’s 1 of 10:1:1 blend Mayonnaise, milk, plain yogurt.
- It’s 1 of Aonori.
- It’s 1 of Bonito flakes.
Unless you have gluten allergies, this is certainly a must-try. (But even then, there are one or two gluten-free options out there!) There are hundreds of restaurants in the city; these are just a few fabulous and friendly ones. You can also choose cheese or kimchi for the toppings. Okonomiyaki is a Japanese savoury pancake. It differs by region and this authentic recipe is the well known and mouth-watering Osaka okonomiyaki.
Osaka Okonomiyaki with Beef Tendon step by step
- Boil the beef tendon in plenty of water with 3 slices of ginger and the green part of 3 stalks of leek for about 5 minutes to eliminate the gaminess. Skim off the scum completely..
- Rinse the boiled beef tendon with cold water and put into a pressure cooker with 2000 ml of water. Lock on the lid, bring to a boil and cook under pressure for 15 minutes. Leave to cool down naturally..
- Chop the beni-shouga pickled red ginger into a 1 mm dice. Slice the octopus into big pieces..
- Cut the cabbage into 2-3 mm wide julienne. Turn 90 degrees and chop up into 3mm dice. If you do this 1/4 of a cabbage at a time, it's easy..
- 1 head of cabbage chopped is about 1.2 kg worth..
- Slice the green onion thinly. Peel and grate the yamaimo yam..
- Take out the beef tendon from Step 2. The cooking liquid will be used as the soup stock in the batter, so skim off the scum carefully and leave to cool..
- Cut the beef tendon into bite sized pieces, and simmer in the beef tendon flavoring ingredients. When the cooking liquid has reduced by half, leave to cool and absorb the flavors..
- Combine the batter ingredients, and add the completely cooled down beef tendon stock little by little. If you add it all at once the batter may form lumps so add it a bit at a time..
- If any lumps remain the batter will be floury, so mix well. Once the batter is mixed, add the grated yamaimo..
- Pour the batter onto a heated electric griddle, and cover the top with pork belly slices..
- Break an egg into a small bowl, add 2 ladle fulls of batter, 2 handfuls (about 100 g) of cabbage, some octopus, some of the beef tendon, green onion, tempura batter crumbs, and red pickled ginger..
- Mix it with a spoon to incorporate air into the batter and don't over-mix. You should still see some of the egg white in the mix..
- Pour the batter onto a heated griddle, and cover the top with pork belly slices..
- Cook for 5 minutes, and when you can insert the spatula underneath easily turn it over for the first time. Cook for another 5 minutes, then turn over again. Do not press down on the pancake..
- Cover with lots of sauce, sprinkle with bonito flakes and aonori seaweed powder, and it's done. Add mayonnaise or Japanese mustard to taste!.
- Use this kind of container (you can buy it at a 100 yen shop) to spread the mayonnaise. If you add about 10% milk and yogurt to the mayonnaise, it tastes great..
- You can't omit Doro sauce (a kind of thick Worcestershire-type sauce)! It serves as a 'hidden flavor' in the sauce. It is quite salty, which goes well with okonomiyaki. Don't add too much. The ratio is about 10:1 tonkatsu sauce to Doro sauce..
- This is tasty made with chicken bone soup stock too. Seefor the chicken stock recipe..
- Make your own tempura batter crumbs..
- is a version that only uses yamaimo yam and eggs in the batter..
- This is a 3-layer birthday cake version!.
Follow this easy savoury pancake recipe and also make your own okonomiyaki sauce, or simply purchase it from a local store. A healthy meal with simple vegetarian or vegan options. The dish can vary depending upon which region of Japan it's made, but it can be found almost anywhere. Perhaps the most common version is Osaka-style okonomiyaki, which is also known as the Kansai-style. Osaka is known for an inexpensive and abundant food culture.
Going Green for Better Health By Consuming Superfoods Learning to slow down and enjoy your life is one facet of adopting a green lifestyle that numerous people appreciate. It is possible to accomplish this, even in this fast-paced world we are living in. We have to take a step back and fix diseases before they develop. A lot of men and women think nothing of abusing their bodies today and fixing them with a pill later. You can’t turn around without seeing advertisements about the current pill to treat your health problems. Of course, several of these pills do help but only if you couple them with shift in your lifestyle. Once your body wears out, you can’t trade it in for a new one, like your car. You must look after your health while you can do so. Your body cannot work correctly if it fails to get proper nutrition. When you put food into your mouth, are you concerned about the nutritional value or only eat the food that tastes good at the t
ime? Do you typically eat junk food and lots of fried foods from fast food restaurants? As most people opt to consume things full of sugar, starch, and fat, more and more illnesses are being discovered. An increasing number of individuals are developing diabetes, high blood pressure, and other diseases because of the foods they consume. Many people are at last realizing the importance of their food choices and are becoming more conscious about their health. Many healthy food are now available at your local health food store or farmer’s market. Nowadays, you can find an organic food section in almost all grocery stores. There you will be able to find what science has called superfoods. That name has been given to 14 foods that have been proved to slow down certain diseases, or even overturn them. Eating these superfoods will . You will begin to feel a lot better when you choose to ingest the superfoods in place of junk food. Your body will begin to work as it was meant to when you give it the correct nutrition. When this happens, it will allow your immune system to combat disease more efficiently. You should have some superfoods in your diet daily. To start, beans are excellent, and berries, especially blueberries. Add some green tea or spinach or broccoli. Add in whole cereals and nuts. In addition, you may wish to consume salmon, turkey, yogurt, soya, tomatoes, oranges, and pumpkins. Making these foods a normal part of your diet will eliminate your weight problems. Green living equips you with a great diet plan, with all of the good ingredients for better health. Your body will be free of disease as you build up your immune system. You can expect to have a healthy future by modifying your food choices now.