Bulgarian Cucumber & Yogurt Salad (Snezhanka – Снежанка). Cut the cucumbers into bite-sized chunks and place in a bowl. Stir in the garlic, salt, pepper, and the onions plus all their liquid. Stir to blend, continuing to stir as you add in the yogurt and dill.
Stir in the oil, garlic and walnuts. Cut the cucumbers into cubes and put them in a bowl. You may aslo grate them but it changes the look and the consistency. You can cook Bulgarian Cucumber & Yogurt Salad (Snezhanka – Снежанка) using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Bulgarian Cucumber & Yogurt Salad (Snezhanka – Снежанка)
- You need 300 g of cucumber, chopped into small cubes,.
- You need 1 of large clove garlic, minced or grated finely,.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil,.
- It’s 2 tsp of dried dill,.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper to season,.
- You need 260 g of natural thick yogurt or quark,.
- It’s 20 g of walnut halves, crushed into pieces,.
- You need of To garnish:.
- You need of Fresh parsley leaves (optional).
Beat the yogurt with a fork until it gets liquid and pour it over the cucumbers. Add the crushed garlic, the walnuts and the minced dill as well as salt and oil to taste. It is a Traditional Bulgarian salad made with tomatoes and cucumbers. It is a staple in Bulgarian cuisine.
Bulgarian Cucumber & Yogurt Salad (Snezhanka – Снежанка) step by step
- Take the cucumber and pat it down with kitchen towel to remove the excess water, as you don't want the water to run out into the yogurt later on. Place it in a bowl with all the other ingredients, except the crushed walnuts and yogurt/quark, and gently combine together. Set aside to marinate for at least 15 minutes..
- Add in the yogurt/quark and stir together until combined well then cover over with cling film or paper and leave to set in the fridge for at least an hour..
- When ready to serve, either spoon it into small bowl or mould and turn out neatly onto the plate, then sprinkle the walnuts over the top and garnish with a few parsley leaves. Eat and enjoy! :).
While it is perfect for summer, it us made year round. Place cucumbers in a large bowl. Whisk yogurt in a separate bowl using a fork until yogurt is smooth and liquefied; pour over cucumbers. Add dill, garlic, oil, and salt to cucumber mixture; toss to coat. Stir in enough water to reach desired consistency.
Going Green for Better Health By Eating Superfoods One of the strongest points of going green is to slow down and bask in life. It is possible to do this, even in this hectic world we are in. We should get back to the point where it was better to avoid disease in the first place. Numerous individuals have the attitude of ruining the body today, and fix it with a pill the next day. It isn’t possible to turn around without seeing advertisements about the latest pill to cure you of your health problems. Of course, a number of these pills do help but only if you couple them with a change in lifestyle. When your body quites functioning properly, you can’t get yourself a healthy body. You should take care of yourself while you are able to. Proper nutrition is important for your body to work at optimum levels. Do you eat because food is available and you like the taste or do you choose healthy foods? How frequently do you eat at your local fast food place or get junk food at the local mini mart? As most people opt to eat foods full of sugar, starch, and fat, more and more illnesses are found. There is an epidemic of obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure, and several others, possibly caused by the foods that are consumed. People are becoming more concerned about their health, and eating better, because they are tired of not feeling well. Nowadays it is a lot easier to find quality foods by purchasing from a local farmer’s market or health food store. Most probably, your local grocery store today has an organic food aisle. This aisl has what are now known as superfoods. Superfoods refer to 14 specific foods that can slow down or reverse certain serious diseases. You will find that you think more clearly when you start to consume these superfoods. Once you trade in the junk food for these super foods, you will be surprised at how healthy you will soon feel. By getting the right nutrition, your body will function the way it is supposed to run. As a result, it will help your immune system to combat disease more efficiently. You have to include some superfoods in your diet each day. Why not add several beans or blueberries? Next, try to add some veggies such as broccoli, spinach, or green tea. Whole cereals, and oats, together with a variety of nuts, chiefly walnuts. In addition, you may want to include salmon, turkey, yogurt, soya, tomatoes, oranges, and pumpkins. By eating these superfoods regularly, you should eliminate any problems with gaining weight. You will enjoy good health as you opt to eat the green living way. Your body will ward off diseases as your immune system gets healthier. Ensure your future health by adopting healthy eating habits today.