Rum Jerked Ham. Now remove ham from oven and pour glaze over entire ham. Jamie Oliver's Jerk Ham, Rubbed with Spices and Glazed with Rum-Spiked Marmalade. For the glaze, squeeze the orange juice into a bowl and mix with the rum and marmalade.
Spoon the juices off the bottom of the tray and back over the ham. Add the chives, sugar, rum, vinegar, all the spices and the salt. Pull off and discard the bay stalks, then add the leaves to the processor. You can cook Rum Jerked Ham using 16 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Rum Jerked Ham
- It’s of For the dry rub:.
- You need 2 tbs of garlic powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- It’s 2 tsp of onion powder.
- You need 2 tsp of brown sugar.
- Prepare 2 tsp of thyme.
- You need 2 tsp of pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of allspice.
- You need 1 tsp of smoked paprika.
- It’s 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- You need 1 of Ham with bone.
- You need of For the glaze:.
- You need 1 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 1 cup of molasses.
- It’s 1/2 cup of rum.
- Prepare 1 cup of pineape juice.
While your ham poaches add the bay leaves and the dry spices to a food processor with the garlic cloves. Note: If using a shoulder ham with a fat cap on the top, be sure to place that side up when roasting. Mix all remaining ingredients together in a medium-sized bowl. Mix all remaining ingredients together in a medium-sized bowl.
Rum Jerked Ham instructions
- Mix all dry rub ingredients together..
- Rub it all over ham. You may have some left over rub, depending upon the size of your ham..
- Place ham in a baking dish and seal tightly with foil..
- Now heat the oven to 400 degrees allowing for a few minutes for the rub sit in the ham..
- Cook ham for 1 1/2 to 2 hours..
- Make the glaze when you are at the 1 hour mark..
- In a sauce pan add all of the glaze ingredients..
- Stir constantly on medium heat until the sauce starts to boil..
- Once sauce starts to boil, reduce heat ro low and continue to stir until sauce reduces some (about 10 to 15 minutes)..
- Remove glaze from heat..
- Now remove ham from oven and pour glaze over entire ham..
- Bake ham uncovered for 30 to 45 minutes, basting every 15 minutes..
- Remove ham from oven (should resemble picture) and let sit for 5 to 10 minites before serving..
- Delicious when served with Garlic Parmsean Scalloped Potatoes. Recipe to follow…..
- Enjoy :).
Rub your Jerk spice paste all over the. In a medium saucepan over low heat Add all glaze ingredients, once combine remove ham from oven and coat with some of the glazes. Rub the jerk seasoning all over the ham and scored fat. Cover in plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight or for. While the ham is cooking, in a medium sauce pan, combine the brown sugar, maple syrup, bourbon or rum, chipotle chiles and pineapple juice.
Going Green for Good Health By Eating Superfoods Learning to slow down and enjoy your life is one facet of green living that most people appreciate. It is possible to attain this, even in this fast-paced world we live in. We must get back to the point where it was a better idea to prevent disease in the first place. Most folks think nothing of not taking care of their bodies nowadays and fixing them with a pill later. Everywhere you look, you find out about some magic pill that will instantly fix your latest problem. Definitely, you may get better by taking a pill but not if you hold on to the same old negative habits. Unlike purchasing a new car, you cannot trade in your worn out body for a new one. You have to look after your body while you are able to. Your body needs sufficient amounts of nutrients to run at its optimum levels. Do you eat because food is available and you love what they taste or do you decided to eat healthy foods? How often do you eat at your local fast food restaurant or purchase junk food at the local convenience store? With all of the sugar-laden starchy and high fat food that most people eat, it’s not surprising that new diseases are always being discovered. A growing number of individuals are developing diabetes, hypertension, and other diseases as a result of the foods they ingest. People are deciding to eat better now that they know how crucial food choices are to their health. Now it is so easy to find quality foods by going to a local farmer’s market or health food store. Virtually all grocery stores these days have organic foods. There you will be able to find what science has named superfoods. That name has been given to 14 foods that have been shown to slow down a number of diseases, or even overturn them. You will find that you think more clearly when you begin to consume these foods. As soon as you trade in the junk food for these super foods, you will be amazed at how good you will soon feel. Your body will begin to function as it is supposed to when you give it the correct nutrition. As a result, your immune system will easily fight off health conditions. See to it that you incorporate these superfoods into your diet every day. To start with, beans are excellent, and berries, particularly blueberries. Then, try adding several green vegetables such as broccoli, spinach, or green tea. Add in whole food grains and nuts. Furthermore, you should include yogurt, soybean, pumpkins, oranges, and tomatoes, together with salmon and turkey. By consuming these superfoods regularly, you should not have to worry about any problems with gaining weight. Following a green living eating plan will provide you with precisely what you need to be healthy. Your body will become disease free as your immune system improves. Ensure your future health by adopting healthy eating habits right now.