You can cook Kimchi Soup using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Kimchi Soup
- It’s 1 tsp of plus 1 tbsp oil,.
- You need 3 of ⁄4 cup brown rice or noodles.
- Prepare 1 of small white onion, halved lengthwise and sliced into half moons.
- It’s 1 of small zucchini, trimmed, halved lengthwise and sliced 1⁄4-inch thick.
- It’s 1 cup of peeled and grated carrots or chopped.
- It’s 1 1/2-2 tbsp of Korean chile paste (aka Gochujang).
- You need 3 cups of vegetable broth.
- Prepare 1 cup of sliced shiitake mushrooms, stemmed.
- You need 2 cups of silken tofu, drained and cut into 8 pieces.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of kimchi, drained and roughly chopped.
- You need 4 of large eggs.
- It’s 3 tbsp of chopped fresh chives.
Kimchi Soup step by step
- In a small saucepan on medium, heat 1 tsp oil. Add rice and toast, stirring constantly until opaque, 1 to 2 minutes. Add 1 1/2 cups water, increase heat to high and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until water is absorbed and rice is cooked through, about 45 minutes. Remove from heat and keep covered for 10 minutes or you could use noodles, cook as per packet instructions and set aside..
- In a large saucepan on medium-high, heat remaining 1 tbsp oil. Add onion, zucchini and carrots and cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are soft, about 6 minutes. Add chili paste and continue cooking until flavors blend, stirring frequently, about 2 minutes. Add broth and 2 cups water. Increase heat to high, cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer, covered, until vegetables are just tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Add mushrooms and tofu and simmer, covered, until mushroom.
- Are cooked, Divide kimchi among serving bowls and keep close at hand. Crack 1 egg into a small bowl and gently tip it into simmering broth. Set a timer for 2 minutes for soft yolks or 3 minutes for firmer yolks. Quickly repeat with remaining eggs. When timer goes off, ladle first egg into 1 of the bowls, doing your best to keep yolk intact. Repeat with remaining eggs in order in which you added them. Divide remaining soup among bowls. Sprinkle with chives and serve with rice or noodles.
Consume These 14 Superfoods to Go Green for Optimal Health One of the best points of going green is to slow down and enjoy life. In spite of the fast pace of our modern world, you can do this. We must return to a lifestyle that prevents disease before we have to get it treated. Alas, almost all people don’t trouble themselves about their health because they believe they can take a pill to fix the problem later on. Everywhere you look, you find out about some magic pill that will straightaway fix your latest problem. Naturally, a number of these pills do help but only if you couple them with a change in lifestyle. As soon as your body wears out, you can’t get a new one, like your car. You need to learn how to take care of it as early as possible. Your body cannot run properly if it doesn’t get adequate nutrition. When you eat, do you eat out of convenience or taste without finding out if what you are eating is good for you? How often do you fill up on mini mart junk food, or oily fried foods from the local fast food joints? With all of the sugar-laden starchy and high fat food that almost all people ingest, it’s not surprising that new diseases are always being discovered. An increasing number of folks are developing diabetes, hypertension, and other diseases because of the foods they eat. Men and women are becoming more and more concerned about their health, and eating better, because they are tired of not feeling well. Today it is much easier to find quality foods by shopping at a local farmer’s market or health food store. Today, you can find an organic food aisle in just about all grocery stores. There you will be able to get what science has called superfoods. This term refers to 14 foods that have been found to slow down or reverse particular illnesses. You will find that you think more clearly when you begin to eat these superfoods. As soon as you trade in the junk food for these super foods, you will be amazed at how healthy you will soon feel. Giving your body the nutrition it needs will help it to work optimally. By doing this, your immune system will easily ward off diseases. You should have a number of superfoods in your diet each day. To start, beans are great, and berries, particularly blueberries. Then, add a few green foods such as broccoli, spinach, or green tea. Whole cereals, and oats, plus a mix of nuts, chiefly walnuts. Additionally, you may wish to add salmon, turkey, yogurt, soy, tomatoes, oranges, and pumpkins. When you consume these superfoods on a regular basis, you should not have to worry about any weight problems. Green living gives you a solid eating plan, with all of the correct ingredients for better health. You will find that your immune system becomes better and your body will be able to ward off disease. Ensure your future health by adopting healthy eating habits right now.