French Onion Inspired Pasta.
You can have French Onion Inspired Pasta using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of French Onion Inspired Pasta
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of dried penne or other pasta shape.
- Prepare 1 of white onion.
- You need 60 g of butter.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of plain flour.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of milk (semi-skimmed or whole).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of brown sugar.
- It’s of Salt and fresh cracked black pepper.
- Prepare of To serve.
- Prepare of Parmesan.
- It’s of Parsley.
French Onion Inspired Pasta instructions
- Cut the onion in half and then finely slice..
- Saute in the butter over a medium heat until soft and caramelised, stirring to stop burning..
- Whilst the onions are caramelising, start boiling the pasta in salted water..
- Add the brown sugar and stir in with the onions, they should look golden and jammy..
- Stop the pasta when it is just before al dente..
- Whisk the flour into the butter/onion mix..
- Once the flour is cooked out and the mix has become a pasta, add the milk and whisk..
- When the sauce is thick and lovely, stir in the pasta with about a tablespoon of pasta water..
- Season to taste with salt and pepper then serve with parmesan and parsley..
Living Greener for Greater Health By Eating Superfoods One of the greatest points of going green is to slow down and enjoy life. In spite of the fast pace of our modern world, you can do this. We should take a step back and fight diseases before they develop. Regrettably, majority of people don’t trouble themselves about their health since they think they can take a pill to fix the problem later on. It’s impossible to turn around without seeing advertisements about the current pill to cure you of your health problems. There are some pills that help, but only if you make a number of essential changes in your life. When your body stops working properly, you can’t obtain a brand new one. You shouldn’t wait too long or it will be too late to take care of yourself. Proper nutrition is essential for your body to run at optimum levels. Do you eat because something is available and you savor the taste or do you opt for nutritional foods? How frequently do you eat at your local fast food place or purchase junk food at the local mini mart? Ingesting sugar and starches, as well as oily foods, is there any wonder why new diseases are discovered all of the time? The food products we are eating are causing obesity, diabetes, and high blood pressure of epidemic proportions. People are choosing to eat better now that they know how essential food choices are to their health. Healthy food is now found at local grocery and health food markets. Almost all grocery stores these days carry organic foods. There you will be able to find what science has called superfoods. Superfoods is the name given to 14 specific foods that can slow down or reverse certain serious illnesses. You will see that you think more clearly when you start to ingest these foods. When you trade in the junk food for these super foods, you will be amazed at how healthy you will soon feel. Your body will start to work as it was meant to when you provide it with the proper nutrition. By doing this, your immune system will easily ward off health conditions. Your daily diet have to include at least several of these super foods. Why not eat a few beans or blueberries? Then, add some veggies such as broccoli, spinach, or green tea. Throw in whole grains and nuts. In addition, you need to eat yogurt, soy, pumpkins, oranges, and tomatoes, together with salmon and turkey. Making these foods a regular part of your diet will get rid of your weight gain problems. Green living equips you with a good eating plan, with all of the right ingredients for better health. You will discover that your immune system becomes better and your body will be able to fight against disease. Prepare for a healthy future by changing your eating habits right now.