Gongura Chicken Fry. Gongura chicken fry is a simple recipe made using chicken and red sorrel leaves known as gongura in telugu. Unlike the gongura chicken curry, this is a dry chicken recipe that can be prepared quickly. It pairs wonderfully well with plain steamed rice and a bowl of rasam.
Give it a nice stir and cook on low heat. The curry should look dry without much gravy. Gongura Chicken Curry is Andhra Style Chicken Curry which is a popular in Andhra Pradesh. You can cook Gongura Chicken Fry using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Gongura Chicken Fry
- Prepare 500 gm of chicken, curry cut.
- Prepare 1-2 bunches of gongura leaves (sorrel leaves), chopped.
- Prepare 3 tbsp. of oil.
- You need 2 of onions, chopped.
- Prepare 2-3 of garlic cloves, chopped.
- Prepare to taste of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of turmeric powder.
- It’s 2 tbsp. of red chilli powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of coriander-cumin powder.
- It’s 1 sprig of curry leaves.
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of ginger-garlic paste.
- You need 1 tbsp. of coriander leaves, chopped.
How to make gongura chicken Saute cumin, cloves, cinnamon and cardamoms in hot oil in a pan, add curry leaves and onions. Then add ginger garlic paste and fry till the raw smell wards off. Gongura Chicken Recipe is an amazing combination of gongura leaves or sorrel leaves with chicken and is a special andhra style recipe which is made commonly in the andhra region of south india. Add gongura paste and fry till no moisture is left in the leaves and gongura must cling on to the chicken.
Gongura Chicken Fry step by step
- Heat 1 tbsp. oil in a pan and saute the garlic till it changes colour. Add the onion and fry till light brown..
- Now add the chopped gongura leaves and continue to stir fry, covered, for 2-3 minutes. Keep aside to cool down. Then grind into a paste..
- Heat remaining oil in a pan and and fry the chicken till it slightly changes colour. Add salt and turmeric powder. Mix well and simmer, covered, for 2-3 minutes..
- Add the ginger-garlic paste, red chilli powder, curry leaves and coriander-cumin powder. Mix well and keep frying for a minute or two..
- Add the gongura paste and a sprinkle of some water. Mix well and cover with a lid. Simmer on a low flame for 8-10 minutes..
- Keep stirring at intervals so that it does not stick to the bottom of the pan. Cook till the chicken turns soft..
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve as a side with either rice or chapattis..
IM is a knowledge base for a wide range of topics from health, food, fitness, personal finance and a lot more. Once hot add cinnamon sticks, clove, cardamom, whole dry red chilies and saute for a minutes, then add curry leaves and saute until it stops crackling. Mix Chicken, turmeric powder, red chili powder, oil, chopped tomato, chopped Onion in a bowl. Heat a pan and cook the Chicken on medium to low flame. Dry Gongura Chicken Fry / Dry Pulicha Keerai Chicken Fry Sorrel leaves has high levels of vitamins A and C.
Eating 14 Superfoods Is A Superb Way To Go Green For Better Health One terrific feature of adopting a green lifestyle is choosing to take life easier and enjoy yourself along the way. It is possible to do this, even in this fast-paced world we are in. We must return to a lifestyle that prevents disease before we need to treat it. Most people think nothing of mistreating their bodies nowadays and fixing them with a pill later. We’re bombarded with ads for magic pills that are supposed to fix any problem with the snap of a finger. In reality, several of these pills do help but only if you couple them with shift in your lifestyle. Unlike purchasing a new car, you can’t trade in your exhausted body for a new one. You need to look after yourself while you can. Your body has to have the right nutrients to run at its most effective levels. When you eat, do you eat out of convenience or taste without determining if what goes into your mouth is good for you? How often do you consume mini mart junk food, or fatty fried foods from the local fast food eating places? Eating sugar and starches, as well as greasy foods, is there any wonder why new diseases are cropping up all of the time? The things we are ingesting cause obesity, diabetes, and hypertension of pandemic proportions. A lot of people are finally recognizing the importance of their food choices and are becoming more health conscious. Now it is a lot easier to find quality foods by shopping at a local farmer’s market or health food store. In all probability, your local grocery store nowadays has an organic food area. There you will be able to see what science has called superfoods. Superfoods are 14 specific foods that can retard or reverse certain serious maladies. By ingesting these foods, your body will become healthier. You will start to feel a whole lotso much better when you opt to consume the superfoods in place of junk food. Giving your body the nutrition it needs will allow it to function well. As a result, your immune system will easily ward off health conditions. Your daily diet should have at least a few of these super foods. First off, beans are great, and berries, especially blueberries. Add some green tea or spinach or broccoli. Whole cereals, and oats, along with a variety of nuts, mainly walnuts. In addition, you may wish to eat salmon, turkey, yogurt, soya, tomatoes, oranges, and pumpkins. By consuming these superfoods every day, you should eliminate any problems with gaining weight. You will enjoy optimal health when you opt to eat the green living way. Your body will ward off diseases as your immune system improves. You can anticipate a healthy future by altering your food choices today.