Achaari Gongura Rice. Achari Gongura Rice – an easy spicy Indian rice using homemade or store bought gongura Indian pickles/achaar; a quick and perfect lunch option! Summers are upon us and everyone is scrambling to satiate their thirst and keep cool with fresh juices, fruits and refreshing salads! Achari Gongura Rice – an easy spicy Indian rice using homemade or store bought gongura Indian pickles/achaar; a quick and perfect lunch option!
Typically, Gongura Pachadi is savoured by mixing a healthy spoonful or two of the pachadi with some rice and seasame oil. However, if you are feeling lazy and the entire family wants to eat Gongura Pachadi Annam, a simpler option might be to make Gongura Pulihora. And you will soon see why! You can have Achaari Gongura Rice using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Achaari Gongura Rice
- It’s 2 cups of cooked rice.
- It’s of FOR TEMPERING:.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of oil (coconut or any other cooking oil).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of mustard seeds.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of jeera/cumin seeds.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of urad dal/split black gram dal.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of chana dal/split chickpea dal.
- You need 2-3 of dry red chilies, broken into 2 pieces (or use green chilies/jalapenos).
- It’s of Few curry leaves (about 8 to 10).
- It’s 1/4 cup of to 1/3 cup grated coconut (fresh or frozen).
- It’s 1/3-1/4 cup of peanuts or cashew nuts (optional but adds a wonderful crunch to the dish!).
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of haldi/turmeric powder.
- You need 2-3 tablespoons of Gongura/Sorrel leaves pickle; I have used Mother’s pickles.
- You need 1/4 tsp of hing/asafetida powder.
Instant sorrel leaves paste could be used to make many recipes like gongura chicken, gongura mutton, gongura dal, etc. Link for the video of this instant paste will be in the description box below. Gongura has a nice tart taste that makes it unique among all the other green leafy vegetables. Gongura pappu is one of the delicious pappu recipe from Andhra cuisine.
Achaari Gongura Rice instructions
- TO MAKE ACHAARI GONGURA RICE: Heat oil and once hot, add mustard seeds. As soon as the seeds start to splutter and crackle, add jeera, urad dal, chana dal, dry red chilies, curry leaves and saute for a few seconds..
- Stir in dry grated coconut. Fry or saute on medium low heat, stirring often until the coconut is slightly roasted..
- Stir in peanuts (or cashews if using) and mix well. If the nuts are not roasted, fry for a while other wise proceed with the other ingredients.
- Add haldi powder and 2 to 3 tablespoons of Gongura pickle; mix well (you can add more if needed, so start with 2 tablespoons first)..
- Sprinkle cooked rice over the mixture and mix to combine thoroughly. Do a taste test and add more pickles or salt if needed. Heat through, stirring often on medium heat. Sprinkle hing powder (optional), mix well and remove from heat..
- Serve hot, spicy and jhatpat Achaari Gongura Rice hot or at room temperature. It is best enjoyed with some raita or plain curd on the side. A few crisp papads/potato chips or a fresh and crunchy salad on the side and your soul comforting Indian meal is ready to dig into!.
- Notes Adjust the amount of spices according to personal taste. Use as much or as little as the pickle depending upon the taste of the brand of pickle. The same recipe can be made using any other pickle but make sure it does not have big chunks and is mostly in a paste form!.
- Enjoy and Happy Cooking!.
Red sorrel leaves are called as gongura in telugu. Dal and gongura cooked together makes this tangy dal gongura pappu. It is served with plain rice, ghee, pickle and papad or its variations. Achari Gosht / Achari Mutton (अचारी गोश्त) is a wonderful, pretty simple yet absolutely ravishing recipe which hails from Awadhi cuisine of Uttar Pradesh. Achari Gosht got its name due to the presence of Achari / pickled flavours into it.
Going Green for Better Health By Consuming Superfoods Learning to slow down and enjoy your life is one aspect of going green that a lot of folks appreciate. Even with the fast pace of our modern world, you can achieve this. We need to get back to where it was a lot better to prevent disease in the first place. Most people think nothing of not taking care of their bodies now and fixing them with a pill later. It’s impossible to turn around without being bombarded by ads about the newest pill to treat your health problems. In reality, a number of these pills can help but only if you couple them with lifestyle changes. When your body quites functioning properly, you cannot get a healthy body. You should look after your body while you have the ability to do so. Your body has to have proper nutrients to operate at its optimum levels. Do you eat because something is available and you enjoy what they taste or do you choose healthy foods? Do you regularly eat junk food and lots of fried foods from fast food restaurants? With all of the sugar-laden starchy and greasy food that almost all people ingest, it’s not surprising that new diseases are regularly occurring. There is an epidemic of obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure, and several others, likely triggered by the foods that are ingested. Individuals are becoming increasingly health conscious, and eating better, because they are tired of feeling poorly. Lots of healthy food can now be available at your local health food store or farmer’s market. Nearly all grocery stores nowadays sell organic foods. In this section of the store, you’ll see the superfoods. “Superfoods” refers to 14 foods that have been proven to retard or reverse some illnesses. You will observe that you think more clearly when you ingest these superfoods. As soon as you trade in the junk food for these super foods, you will be surprised at how healthy you will soon feel. By getting the right nutrition, your body will function the way it is supposed to work. When this happens, the immune system will be able to fight off any health condition. Your daily diet should contain at least several of these super foods. First off, beans are very good, and berries, particularly blueberries. Include some green tea or spinach or broccoli. Walnuts and whole cereals are a couple of other superfoods to add. Be sure to consume proteins such as soya, yogurt, salmon, and turkey, as well as orange fruits and veggies like oranges, pumpkins, and tomatoes. By eating these superfoods regularly, you should eliminate any problems with gaining weight. Green living gives you a healthy eating plan, with all of the correct ingredients for better health. Your body will become disease free as your immune system improves. Ensure your future health by switching to healthy eating habits now.