Makhana curry. Makhana Matar Curry is a delicious gravy-based dish. This can be a tasty side dish for formal dinner or even a quiet dinner with a few friends. Makhana and matar is made with a spicy tomato and cashew gravy.
Made in a thick sauce of onions, tomatoes, ginger, garlic and aromatic spices, this curry is perfect for celebrations or a weekday dinner. A quick makhana curry is not only perfect for lunch but can also be savoured as a standalone snack. Creamy phool makhana curry or lotus seed curry is made from lotus seeds. You can cook Makhana curry using 18 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Makhana curry
- It’s 1 1/4 cup of makhane.
- You need 3/4 cup of peas.
- It’s 1/2 inch of Ginger.
- It’s 21/2 tbsp of Tomato paste.
- It’s 6 of cashews.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Jeera.
- You need 1/2 tsp of garam masala.
- You need 1/4 TSP of Kashmiri chilli powder.
- You need 2 tbsp of Cow milk cream.
- You need 6 TSP of oil.
- You need 1 tsp of ghee.
- You need 1/4 tsp of hing.
- You need 2 tsp of green coriander chopped.
- Prepare 125 gm of paneer.
- You need 1 of green chilli.
- It’s 4 of Almond soaked in water and peeled.
- You need 2 pinches of green elaichi powder.
The recipe is famous throughout Indian for its unique ingredients and amazing taste. Not just the ingredients but recipe technique is also unique. The vegetarian recipe is cooked into a curry in Indian style along with spices. Makhane ki sabzi is a simple and delicious curry made with roasted makhana in a cashew-tomato curry base.
Makhana curry instructions
- Take Makhane in a heavy bottom karahi add 2 tsp oil and saute for 4 min on medium flame till light golden brown..
- Next step is boil frozen or fresh peas in pressure cooker with 2 whistles and very less water..
- Keep aside peas to cool.Next is wash cottage cheese and cut in small cubes.Heat a TSP of oil and saute paneer pieces till light golden brown..
- Sauteed paneer..
- Next step is chop 2 tomatoes add in mixie jar,add 1 green chilli,add 6 cashews,washed peeled ginger piece and crush in mixie.You can also blanch tomatoes and puree and saute with little oil as I do and keep.I did earlier then crushed with ginger,cashews and green chilli..
- Next step is to prepare,heat 2 tsp oil with 1 TSP ghee add zeera,when it crackles add hing,saute add tomato cashew paste and saute..
- Sautee masala nicely till oil seperates,in between add salt to taste,red chiili powder,dhania powder and saute for 5 to 7 minutes.Add makhanas in gravy..
- Mix in masala,add boiled peas in it and mix.Add 1 1/2 cups of water and cook for 5 min covered,add paneer pieces cook for another 2 to 3 minutes..
- Add fresh cream or frozen 2 tsp in the dish.Add garam masala on top.Add elaichi powder on top.Add chopped coriander to garnish.Add cream on top,I used cow milk cream.Decorate with almond slivers peeled.Serve with plain roti or tandoori roti..
It is a nice change from regular vegetable or lentil curries in everyday cooking and also fancy enough for special occasion cooking! Phool Makhana Curry (Lotus Seeds Masala Curry) is new to me! I tasted this yummy dish in one of my friend's house. She is a North Indian and she made this on a fasting day without onions and garlic. Lotus Seeds (Phool Makhana) is nutrition rich.
Eating 14 Superfoods Is A Great Way To Go Green And Be Healthy One terrific feature of green living is opting to take life easier and enjoy yourself along the way. Even with the fast pace of our modern world, you can achieve this. We need to get back to where it was better to avoid disease in the first place. Numerous folks have the attitude of ruining the body today, and fix it with a pill the next day. We’re barraged with adverts for magic pills that are advertised to fix any problem instantly. Of course, several of these pills do help but only if you couple them with shift in your lifestyle. When your body wears out, you won’t be able to exchange it for a new one, like your car. You need to take care of your body while you can do so. Your body cannot work properly if it does not have proper nutrition. Do you eat because something is available and you love what they taste or do you choose nutritious foods? How often do you eat at your local fast food restaurant or get junk food at the local convenience store? Eating sugar and starches, as well as fatty foods, is it any surprise that new diseases are being discovered all of the time? The foods we are ingesting are causing obesity, diabetes, and hypertension of pandemic proportions. Men and women are becoming more and more conscious about their health, and eating better, because they are tired of not feeling well. Good nutritious food is now found at local grocery and health food markets. Most probably, your local grocery store nowadays has an organic food section. There you will be able to get what science has called superfoods. “Superfoods” refers to 14 foods that have been discovered to slow down or reverse some diseases. By ingesting these superfoods, your body will more fit. Once you trade in the junk food for these super foods, you will be astonished at how good you will soon feel. Your body will begin to function as it is supposed to when you give it the right nutrition. As a result, it will allow your immune system to combat disease more efficiently. Your daily diet need to have at least several of these super foods. To start with, beans are very good, and berries, especially blueberries. Include some green tea or spinach or broccoli. Walnuts and whole food grains are some other superfoods to add. Make sure you consume proteins such as soya, yogurt, salmon, and turkey, and also orange fruits and vegetables like oranges, pumpkins, and tomatoes. Eating from this list of foods, you will never have to worry about gaining weight again. Following a green living eating plan will provide you with precisely what you need to be healthy. You will find that your immune system becomes stronger and your body will be able to fight against disease. Ensure your future health by adopting healthy eating habits right now.