Coconut Walnut Bread Pudding.
You can cook Coconut Walnut Bread Pudding using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Coconut Walnut Bread Pudding
- It’s of Bread base:.
- It’s 5-6 cups of cubed brioche bread.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of whole walnuts (will be roasted and roughly chopped).
- You need of Custard mix:.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of Milk.
- You need 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- It’s 4 of large eggs.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sweetened shredded coconut.
- Prepare 1/8 cup of white sugar.
- It’s 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s of Butter drizzle topping:.
- You need 2 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of white sugar.
- You need of Optional topping:.
- It’s 2 tbsp of milk chocolate chips.
Coconut Walnut Bread Pudding step by step
- Grease a 9 x 13 inch glass baking pan with butter. Preheat oven to 350 degrees..
- Gently cut the brioche bread into 1 inch cubes, about half of a loaf makes 5-6 cups worth. Place evenly into the pan..
- Measure 1/4 cup of walnuts and spread them evenly onto a baking sheet. Roast at 350 degrees for 5-7 minutes, stirring halfway, until browned. Cool slightly, then chop them roughly. Reserve 1/4 of the nuts for the top of the pudding, toss the rest with the bread cubes..
- Mix together the milk, heavy cream, eggs, white sugar and vanilla extract in a large measuring cup. Mix until well blended. Add the shredded coconut into the mix, mix well..
- Microwave the butter until melted and whisk in the 1/2 tbsp white sugar..
- Evenly pour the custard mix over the bread cubes. Top with remaining walnuts, drizzle butter topping over the top..
- Let stand for at least 30 minutes (up to an hour) to absorb liquid..
- Top with chocolate chips right before putting it in the oven. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes, until top is browned and custard is set..
- Let cool for 20 minutes and cut into 8-10 pieces..
Eating 14 Superfoods Is A Good Way To Go Green For Better Health One terrific thing about green living is choosing to take life easier and enjoy yourself along the way. This is attainable regardless of how busy and frantic your life is. We should get back to the point where it was a lot better to avoid disease in the first place. A lot of folks have the attitude of destroying the body today, and heal it with a pill later on. We’re bombarded with advertisements for magic pills that are advertised to fix any problem right away. There are certain pills that help, but only if you make a couple of necessary modifications in your life. Unlike purchasing a new car, you cannot exchange your exhausted body for a new one. You need to take care of your health while you can. Your body needs the right nutrients to operate at its most effective levels. When you put food into your mouth, do you pay attention to the nutritional value or merely eat the food that tastes good at the time? How often do you eat at your local fast food joint or buy junk food at the local convenience store? As a lot of folks opt to consume foods full of sugar, starch, and fat, more and more illnesses are being discovered. An increasing number of folks are developing diabetes, high blood pressure, and other diseases due to the foods they eat. A lot of people are finally recognizing the importance of their food choices and are becoming more concerned about their health. Good nutritious food is now being sold at local grocery and health food markets. Virtually all grocery stores now carry organic foods. There you will be able to find what science has called superfoods. The term superfoods refers to 14 foods that have been discovered to slow down or reverse some illnesses. By consuming these foods, your body will become healthier. Once you trade in the junk food for these super foods, you will be astonished at how well you will soon feel. By getting the right nutrition, your body will work the way it is supposed to run. By doing this, your immune system will easily fight off health conditions. You must have some superfoods in your diet daily. Why not include a few beans or blueberries? Next, try to add a few veggies such as broccoli, spinach, or green tea. Whole grains, and oats, plus a variety of nuts, mainly walnuts. Make sure you include proteins such as soybeans, yogurt, salmon, and turkey, plus orange fruits and veggies like oranges, pumpkins, and tomatoes. If you eat these superfoods, you won’t have a weight problem again. You will enjoy optimal health once you opt to eat the green living way. Your immune system will be better, and your body is likely to be free of disease. Prepare for an awesome future by changing your eating habits right now.