Tex's Beef & Walnuts in Oyster Sauce 🐂🍲🇨🇳.
You can cook Tex's Beef & Walnuts in Oyster Sauce 🐂🍲🇨🇳 using 22 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tex's Beef & Walnuts in Oyster Sauce 🐂🍲🇨🇳
- It’s 150-200 grams of (5-7 oz) beef steak (sliced or cubed).
- Prepare 1 of spring onion (scallion) cut into matchsticks to garnish.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of groundnut oil.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped.
- You need 1 inch of ginger root, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of cold water.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of cornflour (cornstarch).
- It’s of ⚫.
- It’s of ⚫🍲 Stir Fry 🍲.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of walnut halves.
- You need 1 portion of mangetout (snow or sugar snap peas).
- You need 1 portion of baby corn.
- You need 1 portion of broccoli.
- It’s 1/2-1 of red bell pepper, cut into 25mm (1 inch) triangles.
- Prepare of ⚫.
- Prepare of ⚫ Sauce⚫.
- It’s 1/3 cup of oyster sauce.
- It’s 1/4 cup of pineapple juice.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of light soy sauce.
- It’s 1 1/2 teaspoons of rice wine vinegar.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of Brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of taste powder (MSG-optional).
Tex's Beef & Walnuts in Oyster Sauce 🐂🍲🇨🇳 step by step
- If using thin sliced beef, slice across the grain to about the width of two fingers. If using thick sliced beef, cube to about 25mm (1 inch).
- Make a slurry by mixing the cornflour and cold water in a mug or glass, until it's the colour and consistency of milk. Put to one side at room temperature.
- Add the ingredients for the sauce to a jug. Stir well with a fork until smooth….
- …put 3 tablespoons of the sauce into a zip lock bag. Add the beef and squeeze out as much air as possible before sealing. Squeeze well. Refrigerate. Allow to marinate for as long as possible, but at least 30 minutes. Squeeze well occasionally.
- Add a small amount of oil to your wok, and bring to a medium-high heat. Cook your walnuts in the oil for 1 minute, then remove from the heat and allow to finish cooking in the residual heat. When cooled, spoon in to a bowl.
- While the beef marinates prepare the stir fry vegetables and add to the bowl with the walnuts.
- When the meat has marinated, add the rest of the oil to the wok. Bring to a high heat.
- Add the garlic and ginger. Then empty the zip lock bag in to the wok. Keep the remaining sauce to one side for now.
- Cook until the beef is sizzling and nicely browned on both sides, stirring frequently.
- Add the vegetables and walnuts, and stir fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Next, pour in the remainder of the sauce. Simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Use the slurry, a little at a time to thicken the sauce, until it reaches a nice consistency.
- Serve with some freshly made prawn crackers and some dark soy sauce and/or hoi sin for dipping them.
- Plate your beef and walnuts with noodles or rice. Garnish with the julienned spring onions….