Easy Fish Pie 🐟.
You can cook Easy Fish Pie 🐟 using 9 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Easy Fish Pie 🐟
- Prepare 8 of potatoes.
- It’s 400 ml of semi skimmed milk.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of sauce flour.
- You need 100 g of butter.
- Prepare 2 of cod fillets – frozen.
- Prepare 2 of smoked haddock fillets – frozen.
- Prepare 2 of salmon fillets – frozen.
- It’s 4 of eggs.
- You need of Salt black pepper.
Easy Fish Pie 🐟 step by step
- Here are the basic ingredients, bathed in early morning sunshine. I made this pie in the morning and then popped it in the oven about 50 minutes before my parents arrived..
- Poach the frozen fish for about 10 minutes until cooked through. Boil the eggs until hard boiled. Don’t overcook the fish – it will be finished in the oven later..
- Slice the potatoes into discs about 5mm thick. Parboil or steam the potatoes for 7-10 minutes. If parboiling add salt..
- When all your fish, eggs and potatoes are cooking make a simple sauce. Melt the butter in a pan and add the milk. Stir the sauce flour with a small amount of water to make a paste and then add to the mix. Stir the mixture until it is thick and smooth. You could add grated cheese here if you want – but this will make the sauce very rich..
- Break the fish into large chunks and spread into a bowl..
- Add the eggs if you like. We use eggs in our family! You could vary the ingredients to your taste – cooked prawns or even vegetables such as peas or leeks can be really great..
- Pour the sauce on top and then cover with plenty of fresh ground black pepper..
- Layer the potatoes so the overlap similar to fish scales. Use smaller discs to plug gaps in this topping..
- Brush with some melted butter and finish off with fresh ground black pepper and salt. This is where you can stop if you have made this pie in advance..
- Place in the middle shelf of an oven at 180 degrees fan. Cook for 45 minutes and ensure the pie is cooked through and golden on top. Leave to stand for 5 minutes before serving..
- We served this with brown bread, sautéed kale (7 minutes with butter) and frozen peas (boiled 5 minutes with salt and butter). Any green vegetable is going to taste great!.
Going Green for Better Health By Consuming Superfoods One of the strongest reasons for adopting a green lifestyle is to slow down and revel in life. Despite the fast pace of our modern world, you can do this. We should go back to a lifestyle that prevents disease before it needs treating. Unfortunately, most people don’t concern themselves about their health since they believe they can take a pill to fix the problem later on. Wherever you look, you hear about some magic pill that will immediately fix your latest problem. Yes, you may get better by taking a pill but not if you keep on doing the same old bad habits. As soon as your body wears out, you can’t trade it in for a new one, like your car. You shouldn’t delay or it will be too late to look after yourself. Your body needs sufficient amounts of nutrients to operate at its most effective levels. When you eat, do you pay attention to the nutritional value or merely eat anything tastes good at the time? How often do you consume mini mart junk food, or greasy fried foods from the local fast food joints? Since most people decide to eat foods full of sugar, starch, and fat, more and more illnesses are found. There is an epidemic of obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure, and a lot others, possibly induced by the foods that are consumed. Many people are finally recognizing the importance of their food choices and are becoming more concerned about their health. Good nutritious food is now being sold at local grocery and health food shops. Today, you can find an organic food area in virtually all grocery stores. In the organic food section, you’ll be able to find superfoods. That name has been given to 14 foods that have been shown to retard a number of diseases, or even overturn them. Ingesting these foods will help your mental health. Once you replace the junk food with the superfoods, you will note an amazing increase in how healthy you feel. By getting the correct nutrition, your body will work the way it is supposed to work. This in turn will help your immune system to fight disease more efficiently. You should include a number of superfoods in your diet daily. Foods such as beans and berries are excellent. Leafy veggies, such as broccoli, spinach, and green tea. Walnuts and whole grains are a few other superfoods to add. Be sure to include proteins such as soybeans, yogurt, salmon, and turkey, plus orange fruits and vegetables like oranges, pumpkins, and tomatoes. If you eat these superfoods, you won’t ever have to worry about gaining weight again. You will enjoy good health once you decide to eat the green living way. You will see that your immune system becomes healthier and your body will be able to ward off disease. Ensure your future health by adopting healthy eating habits now.