Ravioli Bolognese with beef or quorn. Kirkland Italian Sausage and Beef Lasagna. Four cheese Ravioli with Alfredo sauce and Bacon (Easy Recipe). While pasta is cooking, in a saucepan or skillet, heat olive oil.
Make the most of Quorn mince for this easy veggie bolognese that's low in fat and calories. Cook a large batch ahead and freeze for easy family dinners. Stir in the garlic and the Quorn (there's no need to defrost it) and fry for a couple of mins. You can have Ravioli Bolognese with beef or quorn using 17 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Ravioli Bolognese with beef or quorn
- You need of Pasta:.
- Prepare 2 cup of 00 flour or bread flour.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- You need 1/2 cup of warm water.
- It’s of Bolognese filling:.
- It’s 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1/2 small of onion, chopped finely.
- You need 2 clove of garlic – optional.
- You need 100 grams of minced beef or quorn mince.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried basil.
- Prepare 1 cup of red wine – optional.
- Prepare 150 grams of or half a large tin of chopped tomatoes, drained.
- It’s 1 tbsp of tomato paste.
- Prepare 1 of beef stock cube.
- You need to taste of seasoning.
- You need of parmesan cheese to sprinkle over your finished ravioli.
Add the bay leaf, passata, vegetable stock cube and. Cheesy baked beef ravioli -the perfect family friendly dinner any night of the week! Browning ground beef, opening a jar, a can and packaged food barely qualifies as cooking and certainly doesn't require a recipe. Used two bags of the mini ravioli, no extra tomato, and some ricotta with a little chopped garlic between the layers.
Ravioli Bolognese with beef or quorn instructions
- First make the pasta dough. In a kitchen mixer with the dough hook or by hand.
- Put the flour into the bowl, crack in the egg, add the oil and start the mixer, make sure you keep pushing down any flour that rises up the bowl.
- Start adding the water a little at a time and allow it to be worked into the dough fully before adding more. The dough should be very soft and pliable and even stick to the sides of the bowl a little, but be easy to roll off again..
- Once the dough has reached this stage knead it for a few minutes in the machine or a 10 minutes by hand until it is smooth and elastic (kneading activates the gluten and makes the dough stretchy).
- Your dough is ready to be made into sheets for the ravioli (or lasagne – if you just want the pasta).
- Twist off half the dough and start feeding it through your pasta machine on the thickest setting – if it looks over stretched, lay out on your board and rub flour into the sheet turn over and do again on the other side the fold over and put through again..
- If you're doing this by hand then roll out on a floured surface until about 5mm thick the fold into thirds (take hold of one end and fold over leaving one third exposed, then fold that end over the top).
- Whichever route you take, you hope to achieve a very workable dough, so you may have to fold, turn and roll several times.
- With the machine, decrease the thickness each time until you achieve about 2mm thick strips. By hand roll as thin as possible..
- Next step depends if you have a ravioli tin or not. Flour your tin. Cut strips of dough to fit the tin and fill the holes with your filling of choice or place spoonfuls of filling an inch/2½cm apart..
- Repeat with other half of dough – makes 20 large ravioli. At this point my daughter rolled the remaining pasta using powdered sugar instead of flour then filled with a mixture of chocolate pieces, peanut butter and strawberry jam to make sweet ravioli (she served it with a light chocolate sauce on the side).
- Cover with a second sheet, pressing the dough firmly between each spoonful of filling. Use your roller on the tin to cut between the pieces, or use a pastry crimper or knife to cut between the pieces of ravioli on your work surface..
- You should drop your pieces of ravioli into a pan of boiling water and cook for 3-4 minutes, drain then serve. (Make sure you brush off all the loose flour or the pasta will get too sticky).
- Make the Bolognese filling. This filling is quite intense in flavour and must be thick not watery..
- Add oil and onion to a small pan then gently fry over a medium heat until onion becomes transparent, then add garlic if using. Turn the heat up and add the beef – stir quickly until cooked through..
- Add the basil and stir in then the red wine (if using) cooking on high to reduce the wine..
- When the wine has reduced by at least half, add all of the other ingredients..
- Lower the heat and let the Bolognese simmer, crush down any large pieces of tomato..
- Taste before seasoning. Cool before adding to your pasta. Serve the ravioli with a sprinkling of parmesan cheese and a chunk of garlic bread.
The kids ate it right up and my husband had a second helping. Quorn mince is a great substitute for beef, making this Italian classic suitable for vegetarians. Dredge the ravioli in the flour, followed by the egg wash, and finally the breading. Baked Four Cheese Ravioli in Marinara SauceBuitoni. Quorn's Meatless Grounds are the perfect replacement for beef in spaghetti bolognese.
Living Greener for Better Health By Eating Superfoods One of the strongest points of going green is to slow down and bask in life. It is possible to accomplish this, even in this hectic world we live in. We need to take a step back and fix diseases before they occur. Too many folks have the attitude of ruining the body today, and fix it with a pill later on. Wherever you look, you hear about some magic pill that will straightaway fix your latest problem. Definitely, you may get better by taking a pill but not if you hold on to the same old unhealthy habits. When your body wears out, you cannot exchange it for a new one, like your car. You mustn’t postpone it or it will be too late to take goood care of yourself. Your body has to have the right nutrients to run at its best levels. When you put food into your mouth, are you concerned about the nutritional value or only eat the food that tastes good at the time? How often do you consume mini mart junk food, or greasy fried foods from the local fast food restaurant? Since people opt to eat foods full of sugar, starch, and fat, more and more illnesses are being discovered. There is an epidemic of obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure, and many others, perhaps induced by the foods that are eaten. People are becoming more health conscious, and eating better, because they are tired of not being healthy. Many nutritious food can now be available at your local health food store or farmer’s market. Most likely, your local grocery store today has an organic food area. This section has what are today recognized as superfoods. This term refers to 14 foods that have been discovered to delay or reverse certain illnesses. By eating these foods, your body will be uplifted to new heights in mental awareness, and perceptions. When you replace the junk food with the superfoods, you will see an amazing increase in how healthy you feel. Giving your body the nutrition it requires will help it to run well. As a result, the immune system is better able to fight off any illness. See to it that you add these superfoods into your daily eating routine. Foods such as beans and berries are very good. Next, add some green vegetables such as broccoli, spinach, or green tea. Whole food grains, and oats, along with an assortment of nuts, primarily walnuts. Make sure you include proteins such as soy, yogurt, salmon, and turkey, as well as orange fruits and vegetables like oranges, pumpkins, and tomatoes. Making these foods a usual part of your diet will help solve your weight gain problems. You will enjoy optimal health when you decide to eat the green living way. Your immune system will be rebuilt, and your body is likely to be free of disease. Ensure your future health by adopting healthy eating habits right now.