Magiritsa by Evdokia. Great recipe for Magiritsa by Evdokia. Magiritsa is a traditional soup, eaten to break the Great Lent fast, immediately after the Pascha midnight Divine Liturgy. It is made from lamb offal.
It's the opening meal that breaks the Greek Orthodox fast (Lent). Recipe by Evdokia Antginas Also known as Easter Sunday Soup or Easter Lamb Soup, magiritsa contains the entrails and internal organs of the "sacrificial lamb," as well. Recipe by Evdokia Filakouri & Niki Tressou In a large stock pot sauté the onions on a medium heat until wilted, add in the beef and continue sautéing until browned. You can have Magiritsa by Evdokia using 18 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Magiritsa by Evdokia
- You need 1 of lamb or kid pluckliver, lungs and other organs.
- Prepare of intestines of a lamb or kid.
- You need 1 bottle of vinegar.
- It’s 2 heads of lettuce.
- You need 15 of scallions, finely chopped.
- You need 600 g of onions.
- It’s 2 of leeks.
- Prepare 1 cup of fresh dill finely chopped.
- You need 1 cup of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 cup of sweet red or white wine.
- You need of juice of one orange.
- Prepare of salt.
- Prepare of black pepper.
- Prepare 6 ltr of water.
- Prepare 150 g of rice.
- You need 3 of eggs.
- It’s 4 of lemons.
- It’s 1 tbsp of olive oil.
Pour in the wine and let the alcohol evaporate for two minutes. See great recipes for Vaso's magiritsa, Magiritsa from the Chef in love too! Place a pot with water over high heat until it boils. Drain and throw the water away.
Magiritsa by Evdokia instructions
- Wash the pluck and the intestines very well and remove the fat. Put them in a large bowl, sprinkle with lots of vinegar and let stand until we have everything else ready..
- Wash the lettuce, sprinkle with vineger and rinse again with water. Finely chop it without crushing it..
- Finely chop the intestines. Put them in a bowl with the juice of 2 lemons and let them stand..
- Peel, wash, chop and process the onions in a blender..
- Finely chop the scallions, leeks and dill..
- Take the eggs out of the fridge..
- In a pot, bring 3 ltr of water to boil on high heat. Once it begins to bubble intensely, add the pluck and let it boil for 3 minutes..
- Remove the pluck from the pot, strain it and finely chop it. Throw away the water, wash the pot and put it back on the stove on high heat. Pour the olive oil, the scallions, the onions, the leeks, salt, a bit of sugar and mix with a wooden spoon for 5 minutes..
- Pour some wine, add the chopped pluck and the chopped intestines and let them boil for 15 minutes on high heat, without covering the pot. Pour the rest of the wine, the orange juice, salt and pepper and let them boil in medium heat, covering the pot, for another 10 minutes..
- Raise the heat, add 3 ltr of water, the lettuce and the dill. Cover the pot and when it comes to boil, reduce the heat and let the soup simmer for an hour, without opening the pot..
- Wash and drain the rice..
- Raise the heat and add the rice. Cover the pot and when the soup begins to boil, reduce the heat once again and let it simmer for 20 minutes..
- In the meantime prepare the egg and lemon sauce (avgolemono). Beat the egg yolks and the olive oil and add the lemon juice. Whisk the egg whites until they form soft peaks. Add them to the yolk mixture and continue beating. While beating, temper the sauce with spoonfuls of the hot stock. Once the temperature of the egg-lemon sauce has reached that of the stock's, pour it into the soup and stir..
- Let the soup stand for 10 minutes and serve..
Evdokia is a female Greek name which derives from the Greek words ev (ευ) that means good and doko (δοκώ), which means to think. Therefore, Evdokia means the one with the good thinking, or the one that seems well. Evdokia is a name that is used in the Greek mainland mostly. It is made from lamb offal. Its role and ingredients result from its association with the roasted lamb traditionally served at the Paschal meal; in its traditional form, magiritsa consists of the offal removed from the lamb before roasting, flavored with seasonings and sauces.
Consuming 14 Superfoods Is A Terrific Way To Go Green And Be Healthy One great thing about green living is deciding to take life easier and enjoy yourself along the way. This is attainable regardless of how busy and hectic your life is. We need to return to a lifestyle that prevents disease before it needs treating. Too many folks have the attitude of ruining the body today, and fix it with a pill later on. It’s impossible to turn around without hearing about the newest pill to deal with your health problems. In reality, some of these pills do help but only if you couple them with lifestyle changes. Unlike buying a car, you won’t be able to trade in your burnt-out body for a new one. You must learn how to look after your health the soonest you can. Proper nutrition is important for your body to function at best levels. When you put food into your mouth, are you concerned about the nutritional value or merely eat the food that tastes good at the time? How often do you eat at your local fast food joint or purchase junk food at the local mini mart? Since most people opt to consume things full of sugar, starch, and fat, more and more illnesses are cropping up. The food products we are eating cause obesity, diabetes, and high blood pressure of pandemic proportions. Individuals are becoming increasingly conscious about their health, and eating better, because they are tired of not being healthy. Many nutritious food can now be available at your local health food store or farmer’s market. Almost all grocery stores these days carry organic foods. There you will be able to get what science has called superfoods. The term superfoods refers to 14 foods that have been proven to slow down or reverse particular maladies. You will observe that you think more clearly when you begin to eat these foods. Once you replace the junk food with the superfoods, you will notice an astonishing increase in how healthy you feel. By getting the right nutrition, your body will function the way it is supposed to function. When this happens, the immune system can fight off any illness. You should have a number of superfoods in your diet everyday. Why not include several beans or blueberries? Include some green tea or spinach or broccoli. Whole cereals, and oats, plus a variety of nuts, primarily walnuts. See to it that you include proteins such as soya beans, yogurt, salmon, and turkey, as well as orange fruits and veggies like oranges, pumpkins, and tomatoes. When you consume these superfoods on a regular basis, you should eliminate any weight problems. Observing a green living meal plan will provide you with exactly what you need for good health. Your immune system will be better, and your body can be free of disease. Ensure your future health by adopting healthy eating habits today.