You can cook Pork Monggo using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pork Monggo
- You need 1/2 of kilo pork cut into cubes.
- You need 1 cup of hibe/dried shrimp.
- Prepare 1 cup of monggo/mung beans.
- Prepare 1 of ampalaya/bittermelon no seed sliced thinly,soaked in hot water.
- You need 5 cloves of garlic minced.
- You need 1 of onion diced.
- It’s 2 of tomatoes cubed.
- Prepare 1-2 cups of malunggay leaves.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of fish sauce.
- It’s 1 of pork bouillon cube.
- You need 6 cups of water.
- It’s of Cooking oil.
- It’s to taste of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare of Optional: crushed chicharon and tinapa (smoked fish) flakes.
Pork Monggo instructions
- In a pot, boil washed mung beans in water (make sure beans are covered in water, add more whenever necessary to avoid burning) for 30-45 minutes or until soft/cooked. Set aside..
- Heat pan in oil and add garlic and onion. Cook until garlic is light golden brown and onion is translucent. Add tomatoes and dried shrimp cook for about 2-3 minutes.Add ampalaya/bitter melon or gourd that was soaked in hot water to remove bitterness (make sure to rinse and remove water from ampalaya). Set aside..
- In the same pan, add pork and cook for about 20-30 minutes or until all sides have browned. If the cut pork has fat, I like making sure the fat part is toasted to make it crunchy. Or just throw the pork in the air fryer to cook..
- Add cooked pork, garlic, onions, ampalaya/bittermelon, tomatoes, dried shrimp and pork cube to the pot with the cooked monggo beans and bring to a boil. Add fish sauce, salt, and pepper to taste. Simmer for about 5 minutes. Turn the heat off. Add malunggay leaves and cover pot for another 5 minutes to let the residual heat cook the leaves..
- Serve with chicharon or tinapa flakes on top and with a side of steamed white rice..
Going Green for Good Health By Consuming Superfoods One great thing about adopting a green lifestyle is deciding to take life easier and enjoy yourself along the way. Despite the fast pace of our modern world, you can do this. We need to take a step back and fight diseases before they occur. Unfortunately, most people don’t trouble themselves about their health as they think they can take a pill to fix the problem later on. You can’t turn around without hearing about the latest pill to treat your health problems. Of course, you may get better by taking a pill but not if you continue the same old bad habits. As soon as your body wears out, you won’t be able to get a new one, like your car. You must learn how to take care of your body before it is too late. Your body requires the right nutrients to operate at its most effective levels. When you eat, do you eat out of convenience or taste without finding out if what you are putting in your mouth is good for you? How many times a week do you eat at your local fast food restaurant or purchase junk food at the local mini mart? Eating sugar and starches, and also greasy foods, is there any wonder why new diseases are discovered all of the time? An increasing number of people are developing diabetes, high blood pressure, and other diseases because of the foods they consume. People are recognizing the importance of their food choices and are becoming more health conscious. Nowadays it is so easy to find quality foods by purchasing from a local farmer’s market or health food store. These days, you can find an organic food section in almost all grocery stores. There you will be able to find what science has called superfoods. That name has been given to 14 foods that have been shown to delay some diseases, or even overturn them. By eating these superfoods, your body will become healthier. As soon as you trade in the junk food for these super foods, you will be surprised at how good you will soon feel. Your body will begin to function as it was meant to when you give it the right nutrition. When this happens, the immune system will be able to fight off any malady. Your daily diet must contain at least a few of these super foods. To start with, beans are great, and berries, particularly blueberries. Things that are green, such as broccoli, spinach, and green tea. Walnuts and whole food grains are a couple of other superfoods to add. See to it that you eat proteins such as soya beans, yogurt, salmon, and turkey, as well as orange fruits and vegetables like oranges, pumpkins, and tomatoes. When you consume these superfoods on a regular basis, you should not have to worry about any weight gain problems. You will enjoy optimal health once you decide to eat the green living way. Your body will ward off diseases as you build up your immune system. Prepare for a healthy future by modifying your eating habits right now.