Warabi Mochi. Warabimochi (蕨 餅, warabi-mochi) is a jelly -like confection made from Bracken starch and covered or dipped in kinako (sweet toasted soybean flour). It differs from true mochi made from glutinous rice. Warabi Mochi is a chilled, deliciously chewy, jelly-like mochi covered with sweet and nutty soybean powder and drizzled with kuromitsu syrup.
This is a very simple recipe, yet the dessert it makes is sweet, subtly nutty, and has a deliciously chewy texture. Warabi Mochi is a cool and smooth Mochi-like dessert, typically with Kinako (powdered soy bean) and sugar. The refreshing look of translucent/transparent Warabi Mochi and the bcold sensation of it going down your throat have been enjoyed by people for a thousand years during Japan's hot and humid summer. You can have Warabi Mochi using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Warabi Mochi
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of Potato Starch Flour *1 tablespoon = 15ml.
- You need 2 tablespoons of Sugar.
- It’s 1 cup of Water *250ml.
- You need of Kinako (Grourd Roasted Soy Beans).
- Prepare of Muscovado Syrup.
- You need of Iced Water to cool.
Warabi Mochi: a jelly-like confection made from Bracken starch and covered in kinako (sweet toasted soybean flour). Unlike traditionally mochi made from glutinous rice flour, warabi mochi has more of a jelly-like consistency. As the name indicates, "Warabi Mochi (わらび餅") is a simple jelly-like confection traditionally made from bracken-root starch called "Warabiko (わらび粉)" and sweetened with sugar. It is chewy like real Mochi rice cake and typically served with Kinako roasted soybean flour and Kuromitsu black molasses syrup.
Warabi Mochi instructions
- Combine Potato Starch and Sugar in a saucepan. Add Water (warm tap water preferred) and mix well. Heat over medium heat, stirring constantly, until colour turns completely transparent. Remove from the heat, but keep stirring for 20-30 seconds to let it firm up..
- *Alternatively you can cook in microwave in medium power. Cooking time depends on your machine. I set my machine at 600W, cook 2 minutes, STIR UP very well, then cook 1 to 1 & 1/2 minutes and STIR well..
- Prepare Water and Ice Cubes in a bowl. Using two wet spoons, drop 1 tablespoonful of the gooey mixture into the icy water. The mixture will instantly harden..
- Drain well, and place in a serving bowl. Enjoy with Kinako (Grourd Roasted Soy Beans) and Muscovado Syrup. *See ‘How to make Muscovado Syrup’ at my ‘Milk Kuzu-mochi’ recipe page. https://cookpad.com/uk/recipes/2180101-milk-kuzu-mochi.
- *Note: You may wish to use Milk instead of Water for better taste and nutrition benefit. I like Milk Mochi better..
Warabi Mochi is made from braken fern starch, which makes it more jelly-like than mochi made with rice, and it is served rolled in kinako. Warabi Mochi is also very popular in the summertime, especially in the Kansai region and Okinawa, and often sold from trucks, similar to an ice cream truck in Western countries. Although it is called mochi, it is a different kind of mochi made not with glutinous rice flour (mochiko or shiratamako), but with warabiko, bracken starch painstakingly ground from the root of the plant. In my bulging travel notebook, to the list of things to bring back from Japan I added: warabiko. Warabi-mochi is a kind of Japanese sweet made of bracken starch.
Consume These 14 Superfoods to Go Green for Great Health One good feature of green living is choosing to take life easier and enjoy yourself along the way. Despite the fast pace of our modern world, you can do this. We need to return to a lifestyle that prevents disease before we need to treat it. The majority of men and women think nothing of abusing their bodies now and fixing them with a pill later. We’re bombarded with adverts for magic pills that are claimed to fix any problem right away. Yes, you may get better by taking a pill but not if you keep on doing the same old unhealthy habits. As soon as your body wears out, you cannot exchange it for a new one, like your car. You need to look after your body while you can. Your body has to have the right nutrients to function at its optimum levels. Do you eat because something is available and you like the taste or do you go for nutritional foods? Do you typically eat junk food and a good deal of fried foods from fast food places? With all of the sugar-laden starchy and oily food that almost all people eat, it’s not surprising that new diseases are discovered on a regular basis. The foods we are eating cause obesity, diabetes, and high blood pressure of epidemic proportions. People are choosing to eat better now that they realize how crucial food choices are to their health. Nutritious food is now readily available at local grocery and health food shops. These days, you can find an organic food section in nearly all grocery stores. In this section of the store, you’ll find superfoods. That name has been given to 14 foods that have been found to delay a number of diseases, or even overturn them. Eating these superfoods will make your mental awareness and abilities better. Once you replace the junk food with the superfoods, you will observe an astonishing increase in how much better you feel. By getting the correct nutrition, your body will work the way it is supposed to work. As a result, your immune system will easily fight off diseases. Your daily diet need to contain at least several of these super foods. Foods such as beans and berries are great to start. Eat some green tea or spinach or broccoli. Include whole food grains and nuts. Moreover, you have to have yogurt, soybean, pumpkins, oranges, and tomatoes, together with salmon and turkey. If you eat the foods in this list, you won’t ever have a weight problem again. Green living provides you with a solid eating plan, with all of the good ingredients for better health. Your immune system will be better, and your body is likely to ward off diseases. You can expect to have a healthy future by changing your food choices right now.