Roast Chicken with Potatoes & Carrots.
You can have Roast Chicken with Potatoes & Carrots using 8 ingredients and 29 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Roast Chicken with Potatoes & Carrots
- It’s 500 g (1 lb) of carrots.
- It’s 600 g (1 1/4 lb) of potatoes.
- Prepare 1 head of garlic.
- You need 5 sprigs of fresh rosemary.
- It’s of olive oil.
- You need 1.6 kg (3 1/2 lb) of whole free-range chicken.
- Prepare 1 of lemon.
- You need 5 sprigs of fresh thyme.
Roast Chicken with Potatoes & Carrots step by step
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/425°F/gas 7..
- Scrub, trim and halve the carrots lengthways..
- Scrub, peel and halve the potatoes, quartering any larger ones..
- Add to a large roasting tray..
- Break the garlic bulb into cloves, leaving them unpeeled..
- Then lightly crush with the at side of a knife..
- Pick the rosemary leaves, discarding the stalks..
- Add the garlic and rosemary leaves to the tray..
- Drizzle with oil….
- Season with sea salt and black pepper….
- Then toss well and spread out in an even layer..
- Rub the chicken all over with a pinch of salt and pepper…..
- And a drizzle of oil..
- Stuff the chicken cavity with the whole lemon….
- And the thyme sprigs..
- Place the chicken in the tray, on top of the vegetables..
- Reduce the oven temperature to 200oC/400oF/gas 6, then add the chicken and roast for 45 minutes..
- Carefully remove the tray from the oven, use tongs to turn the vegetables over….
- Then spoon any juices from the tray over the chicken..
- Return the tray to the oven for a further 30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through..
- To check, pierce a chicken thigh with the tip of a sharp knife – if the juices run clear, it’s done. Otherwise return the tray to the oven, cook for a little while longer and repeat the test..
- Once cooked, transfer the chicken to a board….
- And return the vegetables to the oven for a final 5 minutes to crisp up, if needed..
- Cover the chicken with a layer of tin foil and a tea towel, then leave to rest for 10 to 15 minutes..
- Using a sharp carving knife, carve up the chicken..
- Serve with the roasted veg. Delicious with a green salad on the side..
Eat These 14 Superfoods to Go Green for Optimal Health One of the greatest reasons for adopting a green lifestyle is to slow down and bask in life. It is possible to do this, even in this busy world we are in. We need to get back to a lifestyle that prevents disease before we have to get it treated. The majority of folks think nothing of abusing their bodies now and fixing them with a pill later. We’re bombarded with adverts for magic pills that are advertised to fix any problem right away. In reality, a number of these pills are able to help but only if you couple them with shift in your lifestyle. Unlike buying a car, you can’t trade in your burnt-out body for a new one. You need to look after yourself while you can. Proper nutrition is crucial for your body to work at optimum levels. When you eat, do you eat out of convenience or taste without determining if what goes into your mouth is healthy for you? How often do you eat at your local fast food place or purchase junk food at the local mini mart? Consuming sugar and starches, and also oily foods, is it any surprise that new diseases are being discovered all of the time? There is an epidemic of obesity, diabetes, hypertension, and several others, perhaps triggered by the foods that are ingested. People are choosing to eat better now that they realize how essential food choices are to their health. Lots of good food can now be available at your local health food store or farmer’s market. Most likely, your local grocery store nowadays has an organic food section. There you will be able to get what science has termed superfoods. Superfoods are 14 specific foods that can slow down or reverse certain serious diseases. You will find that you think more clearly when you start to ingest these foods. As soon as you trade in the junk food for these super foods, you will be amazed at how healthy you will soon feel. Giving your body the nutrition it needs will allow it to work well. In this case, the immune system can fight off any disease. Your daily diet have to include at least some of these super foods. Foods such as beans and berries are very good. Eat some green tea or spinach or broccoli. Whole grains, and oats, plus a mix of nuts, chiefly walnuts. See to it that you consume proteins such as soy, yogurt, salmon, and turkey, as well as orange fruits and vegetables like oranges, pumpkins, and tomatoes. Making these foods a normal part of your diet will help solve your weight problems. Adopting a green living diet plan will provide you with exactly what you need for good health. Your immune system will become stronger, and your body can ward off diseases. You can expect to have a healthy future by modifying your food choices now.