Cream Mizu Yōkan; Wagashi. Read Customer Reviews & Find Best Sellers. Mizu Yōkan is a popular summer Wagashi of Koshi-an (bean jam). I love a marriage of bean jam and cream.
Prepping time does not include time spent for chilling Mizu Yokan. Sweetness of red bean paste varies depends on homemade or store-bought brands. Therefore, please adjust your Mizu Yokan with additional sugar. You can cook Cream Mizu Yōkan; Wagashi using 5 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cream Mizu Yōkan; Wagashi
- It’s 4 g of Agar ager.
- You need 300 ml of Water.
- It’s 200 g of Koshian (bean jam).
- You need 50 g of Granulated Sugar.
- It’s 120 ml of Fresh cream (fat content≒35%).
Yokan is a general term which refers to this jelly dessert made of red azuki beans, agar, and sugar. The red azuki beans are in the form of tsubuan (smooth red bean paste) or koshian (coarse red bean paste). In other variations of yokan, the red beans are substituted with a white kidney bean paste. Yōkan is a simple Japanese dessert made from adzuki beans.
Cream Mizu Yōkan; Wagashi instructions
- [Prepare Cream] Whip 150ml of fresh cream as cooling with ice water. Whip until it forms a soft and keep it cool..
- [Make a Mizu Yōkan part] Put 200ml of water in a pot. Add 2g of agar ager and mix them. Heat it up on a medium flame to boiling. Skim off the scum. Turn down the flame. Simmer it for 2min.Skim off the scum. Turn down the flame. Simmer it for 2min..
- Pour the agar liquid into 200g of Koshian (bean jam) and mix them. Pour it into a mold. Cool it with ice water..
- [Make Cream part] Put 100ml of water in a pot. Add 2g of agar ager and mix them. Heat it up on a medium flame to boiling. Turn down the flame. Simmer it for 2min..
- Add 50g of granulated sugar and mix them on medium flame. Once it boils, turn down the flame. Skim off the scum again. Simmer it for 1min. Then turn off the flame..
- Pour the agar liquid into the whipped cream as mixing. Pour the mixture on the Mizu-Yōkan part which hardened half. Set it by cooling it..
- Unmold it. Cut it and enjoy!.
- You can add crushed sesames for toppings..
See recipes for Caramel ''MIZU-YOKAN''(Smooth and Sweet azuki Bean Jelly / Red Bean Jelly) ★Recipe video★ too. Mizu yōkan is actually a sub-variety of the dessert yōkan or 羊羹 — its name means "water yōkan '. (It looks like there are two other versions, neri yōkan or 練り羊羹, which uses more anko, and mushi yōkan or 蒸し羊羹. The only specific thing I know about mushi yōkan is that it's steamed.) One of my favourite summer desserts is 'Mizu-Yōkan', Sweet Azuki (Red Bean) Kanten Jelly. Kanten is similar to Agar Agar but the texture of the jelly is different. This dessert can be easily made at home using canned Sweet Azuki Paste. 'Koshi-an', the smooth type paste is commonly used for this dessert, but it might be hard to find.
Living Greener for Better Health By Consuming Superfoods Learning to slow down and enjoy your life is one aspect of green living that most people appreciate. In spite of the fast pace of our modern-day world, you can do this. We should get back to the point where it was a better idea to prevent disease in the first place. Unfortunately, majority of people don’t concern themselves about their health because they think they can take a pill to fix the problem later on. You can’t turn around without seeing advertisements about the newest pill to treat your health problems. In reality, some of these pills do help but only if you couple them with a change in lifestyle. Once your body wears out, you cannot get a new one, like your car. You should learn how to look after it as early as possible. Your body cannot function properly if it does not receive the right nutrition. When you eat, do you pay attention to the nutritional value or only eat the food that tastes good at the time? Do you regularly eat junk food and a lot of fried foods from fast food places? Ingesting sugar and starches, and oily foods, is there any wonder why new diseases are cropping up all of the time? There is an epidemic of obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure, and many others, perhaps caused by the foods that are ingested. A lot of people are at last realizing the importance of their food choices and are becoming more health conscious. Today it is so easy to find quality foods by going to a local farmer’s market or health food store. Today, you can find an organic food area in nearly all grocery stores. In the organic food section, you’ll find superfoods. Superfoods is the name given to 14 specific foods that can retard or reverse certain serious diseases. You will see that you think more clearly when you start to eat these foods. When you replace the junk food with the superfoods, you will observe an astonishing increase in how much better you feel. Giving your body the nutrition it needs will enable it to run optimally. As a result, it will help your immune system to fight disease more efficiently. Your daily diet should include at least some of these super foods. Why not include a few beans or blueberries? Eat some green tea or spinach or broccoli. Whole cereals, and oats, along with a mix of nuts, mainly walnuts. In addition, you should consume yogurt, soya bean, pumpkins, oranges, and tomatoes, plus salmon and turkey. By eating these superfoods on a regular basis, you should get rid of any weight gain problems. Green living equips you with a healthy diet plan, with all of the correct ingredients for better health. Your body will be free of disease as you build up your immune system. Ensure your future health by adopting healthy eating habits now.