Mizu-Yokan Dango for Girl's Day or Cherry Blossom Viewing. Make the shiratama dango with tofu. Add shiratamako to silken tofu and knead. Knead until it forms a soft and resilient dough that's about the texture of your ear lobes.
It looks cute to roll many things and secure them with food picks. I wrote everything down so I could remember it all. You can fool your eyes by using a lot of colorful food picks. You can have Mizu-Yokan Dango for Girl's Day or Cherry Blossom Viewing using 5 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mizu-Yokan Dango for Girl's Day or Cherry Blossom Viewing
- It’s 150 grams of Shiratamako.
- Prepare 1 of less than 1 block Silken tofu.
- You need 400 ml of Water.
- You need 3 of Store-bought bite-sized yokan (I used the inexpensive variety).
- It’s 1 pinch of Salt or natural salt (optional).
It looks cute to roll many things and secure them with food picks. It is not an official holiday, but one that most young Japanese girls are excited about. In spring, there is Hinamatsuri (Girls' day) in March and Hanami (Sakura cherry blossom) viewing season start in late March and through April every where in Japan. I would love to share this shiratama dango which is often eaten to celebrate those festivals.
Mizu-Yokan Dango for Girl's Day or Cherry Blossom Viewing instructions
- Make the shiratama dango with tofu. Add shiratamako to silken tofu and knead. Knead until it forms a soft and resilient dough that's about the texture of your ear lobes..
- Form Step 2 into 2 cm balls. You can make about 18 pieces..
- Boil the shiratama dango from Step 2 in plenty of boiling water. Once the shiratama dango rises up to the surface, boil for another 2-3 minutes, and then transfer to cold water..
- Take the shiratama dango out of the cold water. They are ready..
- Put chopped up yokan, water, salt (optional) in a pan and melt over low heat. The photo shows the yokan (neri-yokan) I used..
- When the yokan has completely melted (very creamy), add the shiratama dango from Step 4 while the yokan is still hot, and mix. The mizu-yokan dango are now ready!.
- Additional note: You can also make this recipe using a can of boiled adzuki beans, tsubu-an or koshi-an instead of store bought yokan..
- When using a can of boiled adzuki beans: Make a softer mizu-yokan by combining and heating 1 can of boiled adzuki beans, 100ml of water, and 2 g of powdered kanten..
- Arrangement: Add red food coloring or matcha to the shiratamako to make colorful dango..
There are many varieties of dango served and eaten in Japan. Cherry blossoms are a symbolic flower of the spring, a time of renewal, and the fleeting nature of life. Hana-yori-dango (花より団子) – This is a funny proverb which makes fun of the fact that some people attending the hanami celebrations are more interested in the food and drink they are consuming than in looking at the flowers! This colorful sweet is enjoyed during sakura season in Japan – "hanami" is the Japanese word for cherry blossom viewing. Three small, differently-colored mochi balls are skewered on a stick: one pink, one white, and one green.
Consuming 14 Superfoods Is A Good Way To Go Green And Be Healthy Learning to slow down and enjoy your life is one facet of adopting a green lifestyle that many people appreciate. It is possible to accomplish this, even in this hectic world we live in. We must take a step back and fix diseases before they occur. The majority of folks think nothing of not taking care of their bodies today and fixing them with a pill later. We’re barraged with adverts for magic pills that are claimed to fix any problem right away. In reality, a number of these pills are able to help but only if you couple them with a change in lifestyle. When your body ceases to function right, you can’t get a healthy one. You shouldn’t postpone it or it will be too late to take care of yourself. Proper nutrition is important for your body to function at optimum levels. Do you eat because something is available and you love what they taste or do you opt for nutritious foods? How often do you eat at your local fast food joint or buy junk food at the local mini mart? Ingesting sugar and starches, and greasy foods, is it any surprise that new diseases are cropping up all of the time? There is an epidemic of obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure, and a lot others, perhaps induced by the foods that are eaten. Many people are at last realizing the importance of their food choices and are becoming more conscious about their health. Healthy food is now readily available at local grocery and health food shops. In all probability, your local grocery store nowadays has an organic food aisle. There you will be able to see what science has called superfoods. That name has been given to 14 foods that have been proved to delay certain diseases, or even reverse them. Consuming these foods will help your mental health. Once you replace the junk food with the superfoods, you will see an amazing increase in how healthy you feel. By getting the right nutrition, your body will work the way it is supposed to work. When this happens, your immune system will easily fight off illnesses. Be sure to incorporate these superfoods into your diet every day. Why not eat a few beans or blueberries? Next, try adding a few veggies such as broccoli, spinach, or green tea. Whole grains, and oats, along with a variety of nuts, chiefly walnuts. Also, you need to have yogurt, soybean, pumpkins, oranges, and tomatoes, along with salmon and turkey. Making these foods a regular part of your diet will help solve your problems with gaining weight. Following a green living diet plan will offer you precisely what you need for good health. You will see that your immune system becomes healthier and your body will be able to ward off disease. Ensure your future health by switching to healthy eating habits right now.