Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Choux Puffs (Cream/Custard Puffs) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Choux Puffs (Cream/Custard Puffs) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Easy Ways to Get Healthy.
Every person knows that in order to truly be healthy you need to eat a wholesome and balanced diet and get a proper level of exercise. The is that, at the end of the day, we don’t always have the time or energy required for a healthy lifestyle. When our work day is complete, most people do not wish to go to the gym. People crave salty and sweet, not veggies (unless they are vegetarians). You will be delighted to discover that achieving good health doesn’t have to be hard. If you are conscientious you’ll get all of the activity and healthy food you need. Here are some hints to be as healthy as possible.
Choose water over other refreshments. Drinking a soda or cup of coffee once in awhile won’t hurt you too badly. Using them for your lone source of hydration, however, is dumb. When you choose water more than other beverages you are helping your body remain very healthful and hydrated. Doing this helps you cut hundreds of calories out of your diet without your having to suffer through a bunch of gross diet food. Successful weight loss efforts often depend solely on water ingestion.
There are lots of things you can do to become healthy. Intensive gym visits and directly defined diets are not always the answer. You can do little things every day to improve upon your health and lose weight. Being intelligent when you choose your food and routines is where it begins. Getting as much exercise as you possibly can is another factor. Don’t forget that health isn’t only about how much you weigh. You need to help make your body as strong as possible.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to choux puffs (cream/custard puffs) recipe. To cook choux puffs (cream/custard puffs) you only need 13 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Choux Puffs (Cream/Custard Puffs):
- Provide of Choux Pastry.
- Use of plain flour /all-purpose flour.
- Take of butter.
- Use of water.
- Prepare of vanilla extract.
- Get of icing sugar, for dusting.
- Get of Creme Patissiere.
- Take of milk.
- Use of double cream.
- Use of vanilla pod, (if dont have, use 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Provide of egg yolks.
- You need of caster sugar.
- Use of plain flour.
Instructions to make Choux Puffs (Cream/Custard Puffs):
- Preheat oven at 200°C..
- Lightly grease baking sheet and sprinkle with water. Sift flour on baking paper..
- Cut butter into small pieces, and together with water, melt the butter in pan and bring the mixture to a boil. Take off from heat once it boils..
- Tip in the flour at one go and beat till mixture forms a dough that comes away from the side of the pan. Leave to cool for a few mintues..
- Gradually add beaten eggs. Using a beater, beat till smooth and glossy. What u want here is a thick enough paste that will pull away from your beater when lifted. You do not want a dough, or too thin a paste..
- Add in the vanilla extract..
- Using two spoons or piping bag, make 12 even spoonfuls or pipe into 12 of the mixture, well apart from each other on baking sheet..
- Bake for about 25 minutes till risen and golden. Make a slit in the middle of each puffs, just as where you are going to fill the fillings and return them in oven for about 3-5 mins. The inside of puffs shouldnt be too wet as it may collapse if it is. Cool on wire rack..
- To make creme patissiere, place milk and cream into a medoum pan and using a sharp knife, spilt the vanilla pod lengthways through centre. Add in pan and bring to a bowl. Remove from heat and let it infuse for 20 mins. If you do not have vanilla pod, see next step..
- Beat together egg yolks, sugar, flour till smooth. (Add vanilla extract here is you do not have vanilla pod in previous step).Remove vanilla pod from the milk mixture and scrape the seeds and add them back to milk. Pour milk over egg mixture and beat well..
- Return custard back to pan and cook over gentle heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon. We do not want to make scramble eggs so be careful if your stove is very hot and make sure you stir constantly. Stir till thick and smooth, around 4-5 mins..
- Transfer to a small bowl, cover with platic wrap, touching the surface of the custard and place in the refridgerator..
- Open each puff and pipe or fill with spoon the custard in between them. You may place some sliced strawberries in between them as well. Sandwich them back and dust with icing sugar. Serve cold. Enjoy!! =D.
Cream Puffs: Playing with Choux Pastry Cream Puffs, or profiteroles, are a deliciously delicate pastry with a creamy filling and sometimes even topped with a delicious glaze. While not incredibly complicated to make, they do require a little bit of effort to pull off. I did a lot of research before playing with choux pastry for the first time. Cream puffs start with choux pastry, a heady mixture of some of my favourite things: butter, milk, eggs, flour. Heavy, nourishing stuff you might already have in your pantry.
If you find this Choux Puffs (Cream/Custard Puffs) recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.