Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Mike's Spicy Thai Chilled Shrimp Salad recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mike's Spicy Thai Chilled Shrimp Salad recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Green Living In The Kitchen area Can save you Cash.
Until fairly recently anyone who expressed concern about the wreckage of the environment raised skeptical eyebrows. Those days are over, and it looks like we all comprehend our role in stopping and possibly reversing the damage being done to our planet. According to the specialists, to clean up the surroundings we are all going to have to make some improvements. Each and every family ought to start making changes that are environmentally friendly and they have to do this soon. Here are a number of tips that can help you save energy, primarily by making your kitchen area more green.
A lot of electricity is definitely wasted when fridges and freezers, both heavy users of electricity anyway, are not running efficiently. You can save up to 60% on energy when you get a new one, when compared with those from longer than ten years ago. Maintaining the temperature of the fridge at 37F, along with 0F for the freezer, will save on electricity, while keeping food at the correct temperature. One more way to save electricity is to keep the condenser clean, due to the fact that the motor won’t have to operate as often.
The kitchen by itself provides you with many small ways by which energy and money can be saved. It is quite easy to live green, after all. It’s about being functional, more often than not.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to mike's spicy thai chilled shrimp salad recipe. To make mike's spicy thai chilled shrimp salad you only need 27 ingredients and 30 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Mike's Spicy Thai Chilled Shrimp Salad:
- You need of Thai Basil [+ reserves for garnish].
- Use of Whole Thai Chilies [stems removed – diced].
- Provide of Fresh Diakon Radishes [chopped].
- Get of Dried Shrimp.
- You need of Fresh Ginger [grated].
- Take of Fresh Jalapeños [seeds removed].
- Take of LG Firm Cucumbers [seeds removed + 1 tbsp Sea Salt].
- Provide of LG Fresh Garlic Cloves [smashed – fine chop].
- You need of Heaping Cup Fresh Bean Sprouts.
- Use of Purple Onions [sliced].
- You need of Lemon Grass [fine minced].
- Provide of Water Chestnuts [chopped].
- Get of Fresh Cilantro Leaves.
- Get of Fresh Snap Peas [left whole – blanched].
- Provide of Oyster Mushrooms [chopped].
- Take of Bell Peppers [any color – chopped].
- Use of Shredded Carrots [not pictured – I was out].
- Get of Shredded Cabbage [not pictured – I was out].
- Get of for the sauce.
- Get of Thai Kitchen Fish Sauce.
- Take of Soy Sauce [your choice – to taste].
- Take of Garlic Siracha Chile Sauce.
- Prepare of Granulated Sugar.
- Get of Lime Juice.
- You need of Oyster Sauce.
- Prepare of Hoisin Sauce.
- Use of Toasted Sesame Seeds [+ reserves for garnish].
Instructions to make Mike's Spicy Thai Chilled Shrimp Salad:
- Peel your cucumbers, cut off ends and slice in half. Scrape seeds out with a spoon..
- Cut cucumbers into 1" pieces..
- Place cucumbers into a strainer and add 1 tbsp salt to them. Mix well and let set for 30 minutes to drain..
- In the meantime, split jalapeños and remove seeds with spoon..
- Fine dice jalapeños. Add to bowl. Wear gloves!.
- Smash and fine dice garlic cloves. Add to bowl..
- Add your rinsed sprouts to bowl. Left whole..
- Dice your Thai Chilies. Add to bowl. Wear gloves!.
- Peel your Diakon Radish..
- Chop and add radishes to bowl..
- Peel one end of your fresh ginger and grate. Add to bowl..
- Add your Lemon Grass to bowl..
- Add your Dried Shrimp to bowl..
- Gently wipe clean your Oyster Mushrooms with a damp paper towel. Do not rinse as they will absorb all of that water..
- Chop your Water Chestnuts and add to bowl..
- Rough chop mushrooms. Add to bowl..
- Slice your purple onions and add to bowl..
- Pick fresh leaves from Thai Basil stems..
- Rough chop and add to bowl..
- Pull your fresh cilantro leaves and add to bowl..
- Rinse your cucumbers and dab dry with a paper towel. Add to bowl..
- Mix salad gently but well. Then, refrigerate..
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil and add your snap peas. You'll need to blanche these to soften them up a bit and kill any bacteria. Blanche for 2 minutes even..
- Have a bowl of ice water ready to immediately submerge them into to stop the cooking process. Allow them to chill fully..
- In the meantime – make your sauce..
- In a small pot add everything in the sauce section. Bring to a simmer until sugar has dissolved. This may seem like it's not enough to coat your vegetable mixture – I assure you it is. Allow sauce to completely cool. You don't want your vegetables going limp..
- Add snap peas to your refrigerated mixture..
- Add cooled sauce mixture to your bowl. Gently mix well. Place back in fridge and allow it to absorb all flavors for 30 minutes minimum. Then, place in a decorative bowl. Allow dish to chill 10 minutes longer in fridge so your dried shrimp can plump a bit..
- Garnish dish with Thai Basil and sesame seeds. Serve with lime wedges, soy sauce, Garlic Siracha, chopsticks and Asian spoons..
- Serve with a quality Sake. Enjoy!.
If you find this Mike's Spicy Thai Chilled Shrimp Salad recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.