Shortcut Chicken Pot Pie. A few key things make our Southern worlds go 'round. . . college football, Mama's advice, and homemade chicken pot pie—not necessarily in that order. Chicken Pot Pie is a dinner staple! This easy version has all the rich and creamy flavors of a chicken pot pie from scratch without all the hassle!
The mixture fills a deep-dish pie pan with a crust on bottom and one on top. Cooked and shredded (or diced) chicken, turkey, or ham (I like using rotisserie chicken for this recipe) This Shortcut Chicken Pot Pie is really simple…crescent roll dough on top and bottom. Chicken breasts seasoned with southern style poultry seasoning, frozen peas and carrots, and cream of chicken soup. You can cook Shortcut Chicken Pot Pie using 11 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Shortcut Chicken Pot Pie
- It’s 1 lb of chicken breasts (boneless, skinless).
- Prepare 16 oz of Normandy or California Blend frozen vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, carrots).
- Prepare 1 each of potato, large.
- It’s 1 cup of milk.
- You need 1 can of cream of chicken soup.
- Prepare 1 can of cream of broccoli soup.
- You need 1 can of cream of mushroom soup.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of dried thyme leaves.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 2 can of refrigerated biscuits.
- It’s 1 tbsp of vegetable oil.
You could totally use a rotisserie chicken or even seasoned left over chicken. It's really up to you, and what you've got or want to buy. You'll serve up a yummy pot pie that's filled with Rotisserie chicken, savory cream of chicken soup, healthy veggies, and hearty hash browns. It's a classic weeknight dinner chock full of all the goodness and flavor you crave.
Shortcut Chicken Pot Pie instructions
- Preheat oven to 400°F..
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Add chicken breasts to skillet and cook until no longer pink..
- Cut chicken into bite size cubes and set aside. *You can also opt to cut up and then cook the already – cubed chicken. I just find the chicken juicier when cooked whole..
- Wash, peel, and cut potato into cubes. Microwave for 1-2 minutes..
- Cook cubed potatoes and frozen veggies on stovetop according to package directions. Add some extra water and extra time in order to accommodate the addition of the potatoes (dont overcook…you want your potatoes tender and firm). Drain..
- In a large bowl, combine soups, milk, thyme, and black pepper. Mix well..
- Add veggies and chicken to soup mixture and gently mix together..
- Spread evenly in a 4 quart baking dish. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until it begins to bubble. Remove dish from oven and stir..
- Open biscuits and arrange on top of casserole. Bake another 15 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown..
- Optionally, if you want a nicer presentation, you can opt to cut each biscuit into quarters before placing them on top of the casserole, cutting almost, but not all the way through the biscuit's bottom..
- *** Modified recipe that originates from Campbell's "Fabulous One-Dish Recipes" cookbook (1992) ***.
Plus… I've got every shortcut imaginable for you, so you can make it up fast and EASY! In a large sauté pan over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the garlic, frozen veggies, and chicken and cook for a couple more minutes. Split the biscuits in half and Arrange biscuits on top of the filling. In a small bowl, beat egg yolk with water; brush egg yolk on the biscuits.
Living Greener for Greater Health By Eating Superfoods One of the strongest points of going green is to slow down and enjoy life. It is possible to do this, even in this busy world we are in. We need to return to a lifestyle that prevents disease before we have to get it treated. Regrettably, majority of people don’t trouble themselves about their health as they believe they can take a pill to fix the problem later on. We’re barraged with adverts for magic pills that are advertised to fix any problem with the snap of a finger. There are certain pills that help, but only if you make a couple of needed alterations in your life. When your body wears out, you won’t be able to trade it in for a new one, like your car. You need to learn how to take care of your health before it is too late. Your body has to have proper nutrients to run at its best levels. When you put food into your mouth, are you concerned about the nutritional value or merely eat anything tastes good at the time? Do you regularly eat junk food and a lot of fried foods from fast food restaurants? Eating sugar and starches, as well as greasy foods, is it any surprise that new diseases are cropping up all of the time? The foods we are ingesting cause obesity, diabetes, and high blood pressure of epidemic proportions. Men and women are becoming more and more conscious about their health, and eating better, because they are tired of not feeling well. Nutritious food is now found at local grocery and health food markets. Majority of grocery stores now carry organic foods. There you will be able to get what science has termed superfoods. Superfoods are 14 specific foods that can retard or reverse certain serious health conditions. Consuming these superfoods will . You will begin to feel a whole lotso much better when you opt to eat the superfoods instead of junk food. By getting the right nutrition, your body will run the way it is supposed to function. In this case, the immune system is better able to fight off any malady. Your daily diet need to contain at least a few of these super foods. To start with, beans are great, and berries, especially blueberries. Leagy greens, such as broccoli, spinach, and green tea. Walnuts and whole cereals are a few other foods to include. Also, you have to include yogurt, soybean, pumpkins, oranges, and tomatoes, along with salmon and turkey. When you consume these superfoods every day, you should eliminate any weight problems. You will enjoy optimal health as you opt to eat the green living way. Your body will be free of disease as your immune system gets healthier. Prepare for a healthy future by modifying your eating habits today.