Goond katira/ badam pisin. Fluff it up with a fork. Good for pregnant women and lactating Women Pulverize equal amount of Badam, Jaiphal, Salai Guggul, Vidari, Kawanch (processed), and Tragacanth gum.
It is an edible gum that is removed from the barks of the Sweet Almond tree similar to how we extract resin from a rubber tree only that this Badam resin is edible. Gond Katirais a crystalline herb that is extracted from the sap of the Gond/Locoweed plant. This herb is obtained from the stems and roots of the plant and is then dried to form crystal-like balls. You can have Goond katira/ badam pisin using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Goond katira/ badam pisin
- Prepare 2 tbsp of almond gum/ badam pisin.
- You need 2 cups of water.
- It’s 1.5 cups of chilled milk.
- Prepare 2-3 tbsp of roohafza /any other rose syrup or 2 tbsp castor sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of chia seeds soaked in 1/2 cup water.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of pomegranate arils.
It acts as a natural gum for all intents and purposes. Note that this ingredient is tasteless and odourless, and swells upon soaking it in water. The gum is sometimes called Shiraz gum, shiraz, gum elect or gum dragon. It is a tree gum just like any of myrrh but is less common in products than other gums, such as guar gum or gum arabic.
Goond katira/ badam pisin step by step
- Soak 2 tbsp of almond gum / badam pisin in 2 cups water overnight. The almond gum will swell 3-4 times in volume and will look like jelly. Fluff it up with a fork..
- Take two glasses and add roohafza(1- 1.5 tbsp in each glass) as a first layer. Now take a spoon, invert it and place it inside the glass with the tip of the spoon against the inside edge of the glass, above the first layer. Pour the chilled milk (3/4 cup in each glass) over the inverted spoon. This will make a beautiful layer without mixing the roohafza and milk (making it look more impressive)..
- Now carefully add 1/4 cup (or more) soaked almond gum to the milk. Then top it up with soaked chia seeds and pomegranate arils. Serve chilled. Stir it before drinking/eating. Enjoy !! 😀.
- Recipe notes : You can store the soaked almond gum for 3-4 days in the refrigerator. You can avoid roohafza and add any sweetener of your choice..
- You can add soaked almond gum to other drinks as well. You can grind the almond gum if you don't like the coarse texture. You can use any plant based drink to make a vegan version. Excess of anything is baad, so always consume almond gum in moderation. Over consumption may lead to constipation or loose motions, depending on your body type..
Goond katira / Badam Pisin – Sumi's Cookbook. Badam Pisin Milk Recipe Almond gum drink Natural coolant. It is also called as Badam pisin paynagal in Tamil or Badam pisin nanmaigal in Tamil language. Katira gond is also known as tragacanth in english and badam pisin in south India. Some years back my mother in law has told me about gond ka sherbet.
Eat These 14 Superfoods to Go Green for Great Health One terrific thing about going green is choosing to take life easier and enjoy yourself along the way. Despite the fast pace of our modern world, you can accomplish this. We need to get back to where it was better to avoid disease in the first place. Numerous people have the attitude of ruining the body today, and heal it with a pill the next day. We’re barraged with advertisements for magic pills that are supposed to fix any problem right away. There are certain pills that help, but only if you make a few needed alterations in your life. Once your body wears out, you cannot trade it in for a new one, like your car. You shouldn’t wait too long or it will be too late to take care of yourself. Your body requires sufficient amounts of nutrients to function at its most effective levels. Do you eat because food is available and you savor the taste or do you decided to eat nutritious foods? How often do you fill up on mini mart junk food, or greasy fried foods from the local fast food restaurant? Eating sugar and starches, as well as fatty foods, is there any wonder why new diseases are being discovered all of the time? The foods we are consuming are causing obesity, diabetes, and high blood pressure of epidemic proportions. Many people are at last realizing the importance of their food choices and are becoming more health conscious. Nowadays it is much easier to find quality foods by going to a local farmer’s market or health food store. Most likely, your local grocery store nowadays has an organic food section. This aisl has what are now known as superfoods. Superfoods are 14 specific foods that can delay or reverse certain serious diseases. Ingesting these foods will improve your mental awareness and capabilities. As soon as you trade in the junk food for these super foods, you will be astonished at how good you will soon feel. By getting the right nutrition, your body will function the way it is supposed to work. In this case, the immune system will be able to fight off any malady. You must include several superfoods in your diet each day. To start with, beans are excellent, and berries, particularly blueberries. Eat some green tea or spinach or broccoli. Whole cereals, and oats, together with a variety of nuts, primarily walnuts. Moreover, you need to eat yogurt, soybean, pumpkins, oranges, and tomatoes, plus salmon and turkey. Eating from this list of foods, you won’t ever have to worry about gaining weight again. Green living equips you with a solid diet plan, with all of the right ingredients for better health. Your body will ward off diseases as you build up your immune system. You can anticipate a healthy future by changing your food choices right now.