Original Rum Plum Cake Recipe. Christmas Fruit Cake Recipe / Rum Fruit Cake Recipe / Kerala Plum Cake Recipe. Even though i have three variation of plum cake recipe in my blog. My viewers have been asking for the traditional fruit cake which has rum in it.
I always wanted to try rum soaked cake. Rum Cake is a traditional cake prepared during Christmas. Those who want to avoid alcohol, can try this with apple juice or orange juice or even grape juice. You can cook Original Rum Plum Cake Recipe using 14 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Original Rum Plum Cake Recipe
- It’s 1 cup of Maida.
- You need 1/2 cup of Butter.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Castor Sugar.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Rum.
- Prepare 2 of Eggs.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of Soda.
- You need 2 tablespoon of Ordinary Sugar.
- It’s 2 tablespoon + 3/4 cup of Water (explained in steps).
- It’s 1 teaspoon of Elaichi / cardamom powder.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of Dalchini / cinnamon powder.
- Prepare 1 pinch of Javitri powder.
- Prepare 2 of Plums chopped.
- You need 1/2 cup of Walnuts chopped.
- You need As needed of Raisins.
Hi Akhila, tried this gorgeous cake recipe for christmas this year. I went the extra mile and fed the cake with more rum every couple days. And I have to tell you, my search for the perfect Kerala plum cake ends here! It wasn't too dry, the flavour was great and the ratio of dry fruits to cake was perfect!
Original Rum Plum Cake Recipe instructions
- Beat eggs, add castor sugar beat again well in clockwise direction.
- Add jayful powder, javitri powder, elaichi powder, dalchini powder to it, beat well, add the sieved maida-soda mixture too..
- On the other side make a caramel mixture, take two tablespoon ordinary sugar plus two tablespoon water, heat well on the gas, when the sugar caramelizes, immediately put water in it, at this time give one boil and off the gas, keep aside this caramel mixture.
- On third side for rum plum fluid take rum, put plums chopped in it, cover with lid and keep aside for at least one week, after one week the colour will be changed and the wine plum fluid will be ready for the use of plum cake, while using the fluid sieve it and then use it.
- Add caramel mixture to the above beated batter,beat well.
- Now add rum plum fluid also in the cake batter, again beat well.
- Lastly add walnuts and raisins raped in dry maida mixture, put this also in the batter, at the same time don't use beater use your hands otherwise the dry fruits will be churned.
- Take a baking cake mould, Grease it with butter, sprinkle maida, pour the mixture in it Keep in preheated oven at 180 degree for 45-50 minutes approximately..
- Using toothpick,check out, if it comes out clean,it means the cake is ready..
- When the cake comes to normal temperature,drizzle some powder sugar on top and decorate well..
- Serve Little Warm..
- My Tip:- Tip is make like this only by keeping plums covered for 1 week, if really want to eat original Christmas Plum Cake.
Sprinkle chopped nuts over the bottom of the greased and floured pan. This rich, spirited Bundt cake recipe comes from Mildred "Mama Dip" Council, of the famed Mama Dip's Kitchen in Chapel Hill, NC. A double dose of rum in the cake and in the glaze makes it extra moist and fragrant. One bite and you'll see why it's a favorite Council family recipe. Stir together cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, water, oil and rum.
Eat These 14 Superfoods to Go Green for Great Health One of the strongest reasons for adopting a green lifestyle is to slow down and enjoy life. This is attainable no matter how filled and frantic your life is. We need to get back to where it was better to prevent disease in the first place. Unfortunately, almost all people don’t concern themselves about their health because they think they can take a pill to fix the problem later on. We’re bombarded with advertisements for magic pills that are claimed to fix any problem with the snap of a finger. Definitely, you may get better by taking a pill but not if you continue the same old bad habits. Unlike purchasing a new car, you can’t trade in your worn out body for a new one. You have to learn how to look after your health as early as possible. Proper nutrition is important for your body to run at optimum levels. When you eat, do you eat out of convenience or taste without finding out if what you are putting in your mouth is healthy for you? How often do you consume mini mart junk food, or oily fried foods from the local fast food restaurant? As people decide to consume things full of sugar, starch, and fat, more and more illnesses are being discovered. The food products we are eating are causing obesity, diabetes, and hypertension of pandemic proportions. People are recognizing the importance of their food choices and are becoming more concerned about their health. Good nutritious food is now found at local grocery and health food markets. Majority of grocery stores these days carry organic foods. There you will be able to find what science has termed superfoods. That name has been given to 14 foods that have been shown to retard some diseases, or even overturn them. Consuming these foods will improve your mental awareness and capabilities. Once you trade in the junk food for these super foods, you will be astonished at how healthy you will soon feel. Giving your body the nutrition it requires will help it to run well. As a result, the immune system is better able to fight off any disease. Make sure you add these superfoods into your daily diet. Foods such as beans and berries are excellent. Eat some green tea or spinach or broccoli. Walnuts and whole cereals are a few other superfoods to add. Additionally, you need to have yogurt, soy, pumpkins, oranges, and tomatoes, along with salmon and turkey. Making these foods a usual part of your diet will eliminate your problems with gaining weight. Green living provides you with a good diet plan, with all of the correct ingredients for better health. Your body will ward off diseases as you build up your immune system. Prepare for an awesome future by making positive changes to your eating habits now.