Vickys Mediterranean-Style Roast Chicken & Veg, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can have Vickys Mediterranean-Style Roast Chicken & Veg, GF DF EF SF NF using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vickys Mediterranean-Style Roast Chicken & Veg, GF DF EF SF NF
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried rosemary.
- It’s 1 tsp of dried thyme.
- Prepare 4 of chicken thighs (skin on, bone in).
- Prepare 4 of chicken drumsticks.
- Prepare to taste of sea salt.
- It’s of freshly ground black pepper.
- You need of light brown sugar.
- It’s 1 of each red, orange, yellow and green bell peppers, diced.
- It’s 2 of red onions, wedged.
- Prepare 4 clove of garlic, whole.
- You need 1 of courgette, sliced.
- You need 1 handful of cherry tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 handful of pitted black olives.
Vickys Mediterranean-Style Roast Chicken & Veg, GF DF EF SF NF instructions
- Preheat the oven to gas 7 / 220C / 425°F and line a baking tray with foil.
- Drizzle the oil with the rosemary and thyme over the foil and scatter the chicken and vegetables in. Toss to coat in the oil and herbs.
- Season the chicken pieces well with salt, fresh pepper and a little brown sugar and lay on top of the vegetables.
- Cover the tray with foil and bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove the foil and turn the chicken with tongs to baste the top side in the juices, then turn the right way up again.
- Roast uncovered for a further 20 minutes until the chicken is nice and golden.
Living Greener for Greater Health By Eating Superfoods One of the greatest reasons for adopting a green lifestyle is to slow down and enjoy life. This is doable no matter how busy and frenzied your life is. We should return to a lifestyle that prevents disease before we have to get it treated. Alas, almost all people don’t worry about their health as they believe they can take a pill to fix the problem later on. We’re barraged with ads for magic pills that are advertised to fix any problem right away. Yes, you may get better by taking a pill but not if you keep on doing the same old unhealthy habits. When your body wears out, you cannot trade it in for a new one, like your car. You need to take care of yourself while you can. Your body cannot work properly if it fails to receive proper nutrition. Do you eat because food is available and you savor the taste or do you choose nutritional foods? How often do you eat mini mart junk food, or greasy fried foods from the local fast food eating places? Ingesting sugar and starches, and also oily foods, is there any wonder why new diseases are discovered all of the time? The food products we are ingesting are causing obesity, diabetes, and high blood pressure of epidemic proportions. People are at last realizing the importance of their food choices and are becoming more health conscious. A lot of good food can now be available at your local health food store or farmer’s market. In all probability, your local grocery store today has an organic food section. In this section of the store, you’ll find superfoods. The term superfoods refers to 14 foods that have been discovered to retard or reverse particular diseases. By eating these superfoods, your body will more fit. Once you replace the junk food with the superfoods, you will observe a surprising increase in how good you feel. Your body will start to function as it is supposed to when you supply it with the right nutrition. In this case, the immune system will be able to fight off any disease. Your daily diet have to contain at least a few of these super foods. To start with, beans are great, and berries, especially blueberries. Things that are green, such as broccoli, spinach, and green tea. Whole cereals, and oats, plus a mix of nuts, mainly walnuts. Make sure you eat proteins such as soy, yogurt, salmon, and turkey, plus orange fruits and veggies like oranges, pumpkins, and tomatoes. If you eat these superfoods, you will never have to worry about gaining weight again. Following a green living eating plan will provide you with precisely what you need for good health. Your immune system will be better, and your body can become disease free. You can anticipate a healthy future by modifying your food choices right now.