Ricotta & Rum Raisin Tarts. The ricotta-mozzarella mix is a great substitute, and lower-fat products can be used. If you have access to a Middle Eastern grocery, you can probably find kanafa dye, which turns the dough into the orange or reddish color that is the signature of kanafa. Ricotta (pronounced in Italian) is an Italian whey cheese made from sheep, cow, goat, or Italian water buffalo milk whey left over from the production of other cheeses.
Transfer the ricotta to a bowl, discarding the cheesecloth and any remaining whey. Use immediately or cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate. Line a large sieve with a layer of heavy-duty (fine-mesh) cheesecloth and place it over a large bowl. You can have Ricotta & Rum Raisin Tarts using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Ricotta & Rum Raisin Tarts
- It’s of <Basic Shortcrust Pastry>.
- Prepare 125 g of Butter *softened.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Caster Sugar.
- You need 1 of Egg.
- You need 1 of & 2/3 cups Plain Flour *You can add extra 1 tablespoon if Egg is large.
- You need of <Filling>.
- Prepare 250 g of Ricotta *room temperature.
- Prepare 125 g of Cream Cheese *OR extra Ricotta, room temperature.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Caster Sugar.
- It’s 1 of Egg *room temperature.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Rum Steeped Raisins OR Sultanas *See https://cookpad.com/uk/recipes/11094786-rum-raisins.
But ricotta is also a fantastic ingredient to add straight-up to a dish. Dollops of ricotta on top of pasta, soup, or pizza bring freshness (and definitely more richness) instantly. You can even learn to make your own fresh ricotta with our step-by-step instructions. Spread fresh, creamy ricotta on a thick slice of whole-wheat toast and top with heirloom tomato, fresh basil leaves, and a small drizzle of olive oil for an easy, satisfying summer breakfast, afternoon snack, or appetizer.
Ricotta & Rum Raisin Tarts instructions
- Beat softened Butter and Sugar until smooth. Beat in Egg and mix well. Add Flour and combine, bring the mixture together, and shape into a thick log. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 2 hours to firm up..
- Cut the log into 12 discs. Flatten each pastry disc and form into a cup shape, and place into each cup. Press the pastry to cover the cup to the top, making the pastry evenly thin..
- Preheat the oven to 170°C..
- Mix Ricotta, softened Cream Cheese and Caster Sugar in a bowl, add Egg and Rosins (OR Sultanas), and mix well. This mixture should be at room temperature or slightly warm..
- Spoon the mixture into each pastry cup. Place in the oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until pastry is browned..
- Leave to cool in the muffin tin for 5 minutes then move to a wire rack to cool completely..
Ricotta and cream cheeses give every bit as much flavor as cheesecake without the effort. Instead of making individual servings, you could layer the ingredients in a glass serving bowl. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen. Making Fresh Ricotta Salata: If you'd like to make a fresh farmer's cheese (ricotta salata) from this ricotta, wrap it in cheese cloth and press it beneath a weighted plate in the refrigerator overnight. Using the Leftover Whey: The leftover whey can be used in place of water in any baking recipe, whizzed into smoothies, or drunk on its own. Ricotta is an underrated cheese if you ask us.
Eating 14 Superfoods Is A Great Way To Go Green For Better Health Learning to slow down and enjoy your life is one facet of going green that a lot of folks appreciate. This is achievable no matter how filled and frenzied your life is. We need to take a step back and fix diseases before they develop. Unfortunately, majority of people don’t trouble themselves about their health since they think they can take a pill to fix the problem later on. No matter where you look, you hear about some magic pill that will instantly fix your latest problem. Definitely, you may get better by taking a pill but not if you continue the same old bad habits. Unlike buying a car, you cannot exchange your exhausted body for a new one. You should learn how to take care of your health the soonest you can. Your body needs sufficient amounts of nutrients to run at its best levels. When you eat, do you eat out of convenience or taste without finding out if what you are putting in your mouth is beneficial for you? How often do you eat at your local fast food restaurant or get junk food at the local convenience store? Eating sugar and starches, and also greasy foods, is it any surprise that new diseases are being discovered all of the time? A growing number of people are developing diabetes, high blood pressure, and other diseases as a result of the foods they consume. People are opting to eat better now that they realize how crucial food choices are to their health. Now it is a lot easier to find quality foods by going to a local farmer’s market or health food store. Most likely, your local grocery store today has an organic food section. There you will be able to get what science has called superfoods. That name has been given to 14 foods that have been proved to slow down certain diseases, or even reverse them. You will find that you think more clearly when you ingest these superfoods. When you replace the junk food with the superfoods, you will observe an amazing increase in how healthy you feel. Your body will start to function as it was meant to when you supply it with the right nutrition. As a result, it will allow your immune system to combat disease more efficiently. You have to have a few superfoods in your diet everyday. To start with, beans are excellent, and berries, especially blueberries. Add some green tea or spinach or broccoli. Whole grains, and oats, together with an assortment of nuts, chiefly walnuts. Additionally, you should have yogurt, soybean, pumpkins, oranges, and tomatoes, together with salmon and turkey. When you eat these superfoods every day, you should not have to worry about any weight gain problems. Observing a green living eating plan will give you precisely what you need for good health. You will see that your immune system becomes better and your body will be able to fight against disease. You can expect to have a healthy future by modifying your food choices now.