Kibbeh. Enveloped in warm and earthy Middle Eastern spices like allspice and ground cinnamon, kibbeh is the epitome of Middle Eastern comfort food. The kibbeh croquettes can be deep fried or baked, and are often served as mezze or side dish. See more on kibbeh and the step-by-step tutorial below!
In Levantine cuisine, usually bulgur wheat is pounded together with meat into a fine paste and formed into balls, with toasted pine nuts and spices. Kibbeh, a form of the Arabic word kubbah or "ball," is a staple in Middle Eastern cuisine. Made out of lamb or beef, these football-shaped croquettes are a flavorful blend of fragrant herbs and spices, filling meat, and hearty bulgur wheat. You can have Kibbeh using 28 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Kibbeh
- It’s of dough.
- You need 1 lb of ground beef, lamb, or what type of meat you like.
- Prepare 1/2 lb of bulgar.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground black pepper.
- You need 1 medium of onion, chopped coarsely.
- You need of filling.
- Prepare 1 lb of ground beef, lamb, or whatever meat you like.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- It’s 1/2 cup of pine nuts.
- Prepare 1 tsp of allspice.
- You need 1 medium of onion, chopped finely.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground cumin.
- Prepare of frying.
- It’s of vegetable oil to deep fry with.
- It’s of soaking.
- It’s of cold water.
- It’s of sauce.
- Prepare 2 large of cucumbers.
- You need 16 oz of plain yogurt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of dill weed.
- It’s 1 tbsp of red wine vinegar.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of minced garlic.
- You need 1 medium of shallot.
- It’s 1/4 cup of chopped parsley.
Kibbeh is a wonderful dish from the Middle East traditionally made with lamb meat but beef is acceptable, too. I prefer it made into patties and fried in olive oil. However, it is most often found in restaurants in baked form. Serve kibbeh with tahini, a sesame seed paste.
- In a bowl, soak the bulgar for 30 minutes in cold water. Remove and drain. Remove excess water by squeezing through thick paper towel or cheesecloth.
- Place into bowl and combine with 1 lb. meat, coarsely chopped onion, 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon pepper. yes raw meat.
- Combine well and place small amount in blender until doughlike consistency. You can slowly add an ice cube at a time during processing if needed. Place mixture aside, covered. You can put in the refrigerator let chill an hour to firm if you like.
- Toast your pine nuts in a pan..
- In a medium frying pan, saute the finely chopped onion in olive oil. Add pine nuts. Add ground lamb or beef and chop well with wooden spoon or spatula to ensure the meat is chopped. Add allspice, salt, pepper, and cumin. Once beef is light brown, remove from heat. Allow to cool for 10 minutes..
- Take an egg sized amount of dough mixture and form into a ball. With your finger, poke a hole in the ball, making a space for filling. Add filling and pinch the top to seal the ball. You can then shape it into a point, or football shape, or leave as a ball..
- Deep fry in oil for about 10 minutes or until golden brown. Put onto paper towels to absorb excessive oil..
- Put all ingredients for sauce into the bleneder except cucumbers. Blend till smooth..
- Take cucumbers peel them. Slice in half remove the seeds. Grate the cucumbers amd save the juices add the cucumbers and juice to sauce ingredients and mix. Chill and use with the Kibbeh.. serve hope you enjoy!.
- I had a bit of filling left so I added 1 pound corn to it . It was delicious..
- You can bake them. I did mine 400° Fahrenheit for 40 minutes.
Kibbeh is a Middle Eastern meatball bound together with bulgur or rice. The word kibbeh comes from the Egyptian Arabic kubba, meaning "ball" or "lump." In traditional preparations of kibbeh, you would use a stone mortar and wooden pestle to pound lamb or goat meat together with bulgur until smooth. Place the lamb or beef in food processor and mince to fine paste. Add the remainder of the ingredients (adding water a little at a time) to the blender and mix. Kibbeh is an arabic word derived from "kubba", which means ball.
Consuming 14 Superfoods Is A Good Way To Go Green And Be Healthy One of the greatest points of going green is to slow down and bask in life. Even with the fast pace of our modern world, you can accomplish this. We must get back to the point where it was a better idea to avoid disease in the first place. Numerous folks have the attitude of destryong the body today, and mend it with a pill tomorrow. We’re barraged with advertisements for magic pills that are supposed to fix any problem right away. Naturally, several of these pills are able to help but only if you couple them with shift in your lifestyle. When your body wears out, you won’t be able to trade it in for a new one, like your car. You shouldn’t postpone it or it will be too late to look after your health. Your body cannot work properly if it does not receive proper nutrition. When you eat, do you eat out of convenience or taste without finding out if what goes into your mouth is beneficial for you? Do you usually eat junk food and lots of fried foods from fast food joints? With all of the sugar-laden starchy and oily food that virtually all people consume, it’s not surprising that new diseases are discovered on a regular basis. The things we are ingesting are causing obesity, diabetes, and hypertension of pandemic proportions. Men and women are becoming more and more health conscious, and eating better, because they are tired of not being healthy. Lots of good food can now be being sold at your local health food store or farmer’s market. Today, you can find an organic food section in nearly all grocery stores. There you will be able to find what science has called superfoods. Superfoods are 14 specific foods that can delay or reverse certain serious diseases. You will find that you think more clearly when you begin to ingest these foods. As soon as you trade in the junk food for these super foods, you will be surprised at how healthy you will soon feel. Giving your body the nutrition it needs will allow it to work optimally. By doing this, your immune system will easily fight off maladies. You must include several superfoods in your diet each day. First off, beans are very good, and berries, in particular blueberries. Next, try adding a few green foods such as broccoli, spinach, or green tea. Whole grains, and oats, along with an assortment of nuts, mainly walnuts. Additionally, you may want to add salmon, turkey, yogurt, soy, tomatoes, oranges, and pumpkins. When you consume these superfoods regularly, you should get rid of any problems with gaining weight. Green living offers you a solid eating plan, with all of the good ingredients for better health. Your immune system will become stronger, and your body can potentially be free of disease. Prepare for an awesome future by modifying your eating habits now.