Lentil and apricot pilaf with spiced cauliflower. Find Deals on Lentil Pilaf in Food & Snacks on Amazon. Add the cauliflower florets and mix. Add the red pepper, courgette, garlic, apricots and lentils and cook for another three to five minutes, stirring regularly, until softened.
Drain the rice and lentils and stir into the cauliflower. Stir in the flaked almonds and coriander. This fragrant, spiced vegetable stew combines lentils, carrots, and cauliflower in a savory broth seasoned with cumin, coriander, turmeric and cinnamon. You can cook Lentil and apricot pilaf with spiced cauliflower using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Lentil and apricot pilaf with spiced cauliflower
- Prepare 500 ml of vegetable stock.
- It’s 150 g of bulgar wheat.
- It’s 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ground coriander.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ground cumin.
- You need 1-2 tsp of chilli powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of tumeric.
- It’s of Cauliflower cut into florets.
- It’s 1 of large onion chopped.
- It’s 1 of red pepper deseeded and chopped.
- You need 1 of courgette diced.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic crushed.
- Prepare 60 g of dried apricots.
- It’s 400 g of cooked green lentils.
- Prepare 2 handfuls of chopped coriander.
- Prepare 50 g of pistachio nuts chopped.
- It’s 100 g of Pomegranate seeds.
The stew makes a nutritious meal as is, but if you want to make it heartier, try adding sautéed ground lamb or sautéed diced tofu. You'll coat cauliflower wedges in our aromatic baharat spice mix and roast them until golden. The wedges are served over a flavour-packed Lebanese style 'mujaddara' spiced lentil and basmati rice pilaf. Topped with crispy onions and a fresh tahini-lemon drizzle. (Dairy-free: see our FAQs for details).
Lentil and apricot pilaf with spiced cauliflower step by step
- Pre heat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Bring the stock to the boil in a saucepan and then add the bulgar wheat. Simmer for 12-15 minutes until tender. Drain and leave to stand..
- Mix in a bowl 1.5tbsp of olive oil and half of the spices (1/2tbsp of ground coriander, ground cumin, tumeric and 1/2tsp of chilli). Add the cauliflower florets and mix. Season with salt and pepper and roast on a flat tray for 10-12 minutes..
- Heat the remaining oil in a large pan and then fry the onion for 5 minutes until soft. Add the red pepper, courgette, garlic, apricots, lentils and cook for a few more minutes stirring regularly..
- Add the other half of the spices to the pan, the cooked bulgar wheat and half the coriander. Stir until combined and heated through..
- Serve the pilaf topped with cauliflower. Sprinkle the remaining coriander, the pistachios and the pomegranate seeds..
Trim end and core from romanesco. This first cauliflower (broccoflower) dish, Gobi Taka Tak, I served with a rice and lentil pilaf, heavy on the lentils. Now let me be clear, all things being equal I would happily serve it with a rice only pilaf. But you remember those heavenly whole spiced potatoes? I was serving them with this meal, so I wanted add more protein without adding.
Eating 14 Superfoods Is A Great Way To Go Green And Be Healthy One great feature of going green is choosing to take life easier and enjoy yourself along the way. It is possible to accomplish this, even in this fast-paced world we are living in. We have to get back to where it was a lot better to prevent disease in the first place. Numerous folks have the attitude of ruining the body today, and mend it with a pill the next day. We’re barraged with advertisements for magic pills that are advertised to fix any problem right away. In reality, several of these pills can help but only if you couple them with a change in lifestyle. As soon as your body wears out, you can’t trade it in for a new one, like your car. You must look after your health while you are able to. Your body cannot run properly if it does not receive proper nutrition. When you eat, are you concerned about the nutritional value or just eat the food that tastes good at the time? Do you usually eat junk food and a lot of fried foods from fast food restaurants? As most people opt to consume things full of sugar, starch, and fat, more and more illnesses are cropping up. There is an epidemic of obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure, and many others, likely triggered by the foods that are eaten. People are at last realizing the importance of their food choices and are becoming more health conscious. Nutritious food is now found at local grocery and health food stores. In all probability, your local grocery store nowadays has an organic food section. This aisl has what are now recognized as superfoods. That name has been given to 14 foods that have been shown to slow down a number of diseases, or even reverse them. By consuming these foods, your body will more fit. Once you trade in the junk food for these super foods, you will be astonished at how good you will soon feel. Your body will begin to work as it is supposed to when you give it the right nutrition. As a result, it will allow your immune system to ward off disease more efficiently. You have to include a few superfoods in your diet each day. To start with, beans are great, and berries, in particular blueberries. Leafy veggies, such as broccoli, spinach, and green tea. Whole grains, and oats, plus a variety of nuts, chiefly walnuts. In addition, you may wish to include salmon, turkey, yogurt, soybean, tomatoes, oranges, and pumpkins. If you eat the foods in this list, you won’t ever have to worry about gaining weight again. Observing a green living meal plan will give you exactly what you need to be healthy. Your body will become disease free as your immune system improves. Prepare for a healthy future by modifying your eating habits right now.