Grandma's Bean (Green /Wax) & Potato Soup. Easy, creamy green bean casserole that doesn't use canned soup. Make it for Thanksgiving or any festive family dinner. All Reviews for Grandma's Green Bean Casserole.
Grandma's Green Bean Casserole ~ A mouth watering and flavorful classic made with tons of cheese and butter for a decadent addition to a holiday meal. My grandma's green bean casserole is better than your green bean casserole. Does yours use a stick a butter and enough cheese to finish. You can have Grandma's Bean (Green /Wax) & Potato Soup using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Grandma's Bean (Green /Wax) & Potato Soup
- You need 5-8 of medium potatoes.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of onions.
- It’s 2 cans of green beans.
- Prepare 2 cans of wax beans.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of ketchup.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of Pepper.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Salt.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of Seasoned salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of Garlic salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Paprika.
- You need 1 tsp of Basil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Parsley.
- It’s of Crisco & Flour.
Stir in the salt, sugar, onion, and sour cream. Add green beans, and stir to coat. Next add the green beans to the pot. Bring this to a boil and then reduce the heat to a simmer.
Grandma's Bean (Green /Wax) & Potato Soup instructions
- Peel and slice potatoes. Oval shape. 1/4 thickness..
- Add your chopped onions..
- Add seasonings, juice from your cans of beans and water. Bring to boil, then reduce heat to medium..
- Add your ketchup. (I use spicy ketchup because I like a little spice to it). Stir. You can add more or less depending on how you like the taste..
- When potatoes are soft, add your green beans and wax beans..
- In a small sauce pan, melt a few tablespoons of crisco, then add enough flour to soak it all up. Stir until golden brown- then add to soup. Stir well. It should turn your soup more brown than red, it will also thicken the liquid..
- Taste. If you feel you need more seasoning, add it. Otherwise it's ready to eat!.
- I often finish the cook in a crock pot once the potatoes are begining to get soft, so that's up to you. This was something my grandmother always made growing up..
Add the bacon back in along with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Grandma's Canned Green Beans are so good, I'm proud to serve them at my table any dinner of the year. It helps that they're also secretly easy enough for even busy weeknights too! This recipe for Grandma's Canned Green Beans was a total mission of self discovery. However, if you make my Grandma's Easy Green Bean Casserole, that could be a problem.
Living Greener for Better Health By Consuming Superfoods Learning to slow down and enjoy your life is one facet of green living that a lot of folks appreciate. This is doable no matter how filled and frantic your life is. We have to take a step back and prevent diseases before they develop. Numerous people have the attitude of ruining the body today, and fix it with a pill the next day. We’re bombarded with advertisements for magic pills that are claimed to fix any problem instantly. Yes, you may get better by taking a pill but not if you hold on to the same old unhealthy habits. When your body ceases to function properly, you won’t be able to get a healthy body. You mustn’t delay or it will be too late to look after your health. Your body cannot work correctly if it doesn’t receive adequate nutrition. When you put food into your mouth, do you pay attention to the nutritional value or just eat anything tastes good at the time? How often do you eat mini mart junk food, or oily fried foods from the local fast food restaurant? With all of the sugar-laden starchy and fatty food that most people eat, it’s not surprising that new diseases are discovered on a regular basis. The foods we are ingesting are causing obesity, diabetes, and hypertension of epidemic proportions. People are choosing to eat better now that they are aware of how crucial food choices are to their health. Today it is so easy to find quality foods by shopping at a local farmer’s market or health food store. Almost all grocery stores now sell organic foods. In this aisle, you’ll find superfoods. Superfoods refer to 14 specific foods that can retard or reverse certain serious health conditions. Eating these foods will help your mental health. You will begin to feel a lot better when you choose to ingest the superfoods rather than junk food. Giving your body the nutrition it requires will allow it to function well. When this happens, your immune system will easily fend off diseases. Make sure you integrate these superfoods into your daily eating routine. To start with, beans are excellent, and berries, especially blueberries. Leafy veggies, such as broccoli, spinach, and green tea. Walnuts and whole grains are a couple of other foods to include. Make sure you eat proteins such as soybeans, yogurt, salmon, and turkey, and also orange fruits and vegetables like oranges, pumpkins, and tomatoes. By consuming these superfoods on a regular basis, you should get rid of any weight problems. You will enjoy optimal health when you opt to eat the green living way. Your body will become disease free as you build up your immune system. Prepare for a healthy future by changing your eating habits today.